It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America was Founded on We the People, Not Christianity

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

edit on 9/23/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: yeah. never mind. not worth it. brick wall is bruising me.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

"...One Nation, Under GOD..."

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: HAZE3

Wasn't there until 1954 - thus more evidence the US was NOT founded to be a christian nation, but a conspiracy of christians has been underway to take it over......

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

What makes you think that Christian Morals (tm) are the only morals out there? What proof do you have that they are superior, or Gods will? No seriously? Don't say the bible, because that is neither proof, or accurate, given the editing over the close to 2000 years it has existed.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

originally posted by: HAZE3

Wasn't there until 1954 - thus more evidence the US was NOT founded to be a christian nation, but a conspiracy of christians has been underway to take it over......

Oh yes because that statement only makes sense
im actually kinda dissappointed christians havent tried harder to bring about prophecy. Im such a fool i should have seen you were right all along, random stranger on the internet, with your fancy wikipedia knowledge...

Moving on, no matter ones opinion, its impossible to say faith in God played no part in the creation of this country. But the american revolutionists were atheist cuz you read it somewhere or heard it from someone who knew them

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: HAZE3

In 1954, in response to the Communist threat of the times, President Eisenhower encouraged Congress to add the words "under God," creating the 31-word pledge we say today. Bellamy's daughter objected to this alteration.

Source

Please learn a little history.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Faith in which god though? There are thousands of them. The word god does not automatically mean the Christian one, neither does the word Creator.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: HAZE3[ But the american revolutionists were atheist cuz you read it somewhere or heard it from someone who knew them

I never heard the "revolutionists" were atheists at all - who did you hear that from?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I think the first nations may take exception that any of their "american" nations were founded by the Abrahamic Deities followers

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Faith in which god though? There are thousands of them. The word god does not automatically mean the Christian one, neither does the word Creator.

Pick one. While you still have the freedom to.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

originally posted by: HAZE3[ But the american revolutionists were atheist cuz you read it somewhere or heard it from someone who knew them

I never heard the "revolutionists" were atheists at all - who did you hear that from?

First tell me where you heard of the christian conspiracy, or did you come to that conclusion all on your own?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

What makes you think that freedom will ever be taken away from me? Lol. No one can take anyone's freedom to choose away.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

As an Atheist, it would be a nightmare for many of us should Christianity became the national religion of the US due to this:

edit on 23-9-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Not just for atheists. There are a great many people who are spiritual but do not follow one of the Abrahamic faiths in the USA. I am pretty sure a lot of Jews would cringe at a "Christian nation", that never ends well for them.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What makes you think that freedom will ever be taken away from me? Lol. No one can take anyone's freedom to choose away.

YOU can take away your own freedom to choose. But that is a subject of another debate and you are avoiding the point. To deny God in the making of this country is lying to yourself. Yes We the People, not greater but Under God. Dont get upset when people choose the christian God

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Where did I ever say the country wasn't founded with the Creator in mind? Please point that out. You're confused.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Just one? How pedestrian, they are not all jealous like Jehovah
I'll stick to my select many thanks

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

As an Atheist, it would be a nightmare for many of us should Christianity became the national religion of the US due to this:

And it would literally be hell should Atheism become the national perception.
get it? cuz christians believe in hell... nevermind.

But political correctness is a more formal form of atheism. And dont give me the crap its the many different kinds of religions that caused it. Bull. Religious wars have happened for hundreds of years (and they will continue, until man, not God, gets his crap straight), it wasnt until people got offended by religion that pc came along

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
"And thus the Lord did sayeth"
"Thou shalt not be a dick."
That's a fragment of the Dead Sea Scrolls.
I interpreted it myself.
It is the One Commandment that need not be commanded.
"If thou art a diick."
"Thou shalt be smited."

edit on 23-9-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Sort of what JC the younger (Julius Caeser being the elder) said with "Do unto others". IF he said it (given its third hand blah blah).

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join