It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America was Founded on We the People, Not Christianity

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Completely removing Christian morals from America would kill any government.

This is how we can know that directly or indirectly America was founded on Christianity.

Attempts to show otherwise are in vein and in the long run result in decay of the shared good.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Would the 10 commandments count?

No. They are not codified American law otherwise all of us would be kowtowing to Jesus every Sunday keeping the Sabbath holy.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

You have that list of Christian laws that we use or are you going to avoid the question all day?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Would the 10 commandments count?

No. They are not codified American law otherwise all of us would be kowtowing to Jesus every Sunday keeping the Sabbath holy.

You have to admit that the "Thou shall not kill" one has been pretty popular.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
America was founded by christians who started "We the people".ENORMOUS diffirence.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I think you're just delusional and won't see it any other way no matter what information is presented to you. I've already posted quotes from founding fathers saying quite clearly that America was not founded on Christianity.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

You have to admit that the "Thou shall not kill" one has been pretty popular.

As I stated above, this predates Christianity by a long way. Homicide has been against the law long before Jesus.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
We need religious freedom... we need to understand ALL LIVES MATTER no matter what!!!

I'm under the impression that our government leaders have an influence..... their God is $$!!

Why is it there is an intolerance for any other religion in the US besides Christianity and why do Christians not follow the teachings of Christ? Its so backwards.

Why do we have to swear on the Bible in the courts? Do other religious offenders swear on their "bible"?

When it comes to religion, the Supreme Court of the United States has undergone a dramatic transformation. For centuries, the justices were largely Protestants. Now, for the first time in its history, the bench is composed of three Jews and six Catholics, including several devout Catholics.

To say the judges do not follow their religious beliefs is absolutely naive or stupid. Call it what you will.

Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Christians take note: Jesus being the First Adam and the Last means he is the embodiment of ALL. Within...

Call it symbolism!?? Metaphorically speaking!!??

Jesus and the other great mythological teachers we are told taught EQUALITY and FREEDOM. We cannot SAVE anyone but our self. We have PLENTY to work on within to worry about what someone else should be doing or saying. If you see a brother or sister in need then GIVE. Brother or sister meaning .. HUMAN... not our religious preference.

Before the Romans took over and made a religion to abide by or die.... we the people had religious freedom.

Jesus is not a christian .... he IS LOVE and only LOVE does he represent.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ
It is quite simple that the other religions do not share as much morality with America as Christianity does and by accepting the morality of some of those other religions we would be in turn losing many of our morals and values.The biggest two I see that stand in contrast with our laws is islam and jewish religions.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I think you're just delusional and won't see it any other way no matter what information is presented to you. I've already posted quotes from founding fathers saying quite clearly that America was not founded on Christianity.

Lol
How can one tell the difference between the two if they are basically the same.

It would not matter at all if not even one founding fathers ever gave Christianity a single thought if their end product is remarkably similar to the morals of Christianity.

It is like trying to hide from God. You can't do it.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
It is quite simple that the other religions do not share as much morality with America as Christianity does...

You going to practice that Christian morality and answer my question or are you going to obfuscate and avoid giving an answer?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I have a hard time with questions.

Please just ask and I will try to answer.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Can you list the Christian laws you claimed this country is founded on? Try to be specific.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Are you denying that the moral fabric of Christianity and America are remarkably the same?

Now you try and spin.

love god and love thy neighbor as thyself sums it up nicely

not all religions can make that claim

remember we are not talking about how well they were able to achieve this goal but that the goals of the two are same

attempts to remove Christianity will result in a loss overall because of the commonality

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Compared to other countries the rule of law was Judeo/Christian based.

the religious affiliations and beliefs of the Founders. Of the 55 delegates to the 1787 Constitutional Convention, 49 were Protestants, and two were Roman Catholics (D. Carroll, and Fitzsimons). Among the Protestant delegates to the Constitutional Convention, 28 were Church of England (or Episcopalian, after the American Revolutionary War was won), eight were Presbyterians, seven were Congregationalists, two were Lutherans, two were Dutch Reformed, and two were Methodists.

A few prominent Founding Fathers were anti-clerical Christians such as Thomas Jefferson, who constructed the Jefferson Bible, and Benjamin Franklin. Others, notably Thomas Paine, who challenged institutionalized religion in The Age of Reason, were deists, or held beliefs very similar to those of deists.

Indeed America may not have been founded by Christianity but it's finger prints are all over the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. To say otherwise is a revisionist perspective. What was great about America in those early years is that people could pursue other types of Christianity outside of Catholicism and even traditional Protestantism, it allowed people to pursue other idea's freely. People like Henry Grew and George Storrs who studied the bible deeply and rejected some core doctrines that had been erroneously taught for centuries.
edit on 23-9-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Isn't it interesting how the left of this country despises Christians and don't want them in power, yet bristle a the notion that Ben Carson could not support a devout Muslim as president? Somehow that's bigoted, but their hate and fear of Christians is completely normal.
edit on 23-9-2015 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Why not just say the country is based on morals then? Christianity doesn't have sole possession of morals. Buddha taught love for others 500 years before Jesus. Let's say it's based on Buddhism in that case.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Also countries take on a culture that was/is in-bedded in their primary religion; compare America to Saudi Arabia.
Even if people abandon that religion in large numbers the basic culture persists devoid of religious ideology.
It will take decades to change maybe an entire generation, I see that with America the baby boomers aren't calling all the shots anymore.
edit on 23-9-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

our morals and value

Whose?

Individual freedom is what I fight for.

If Jesus were to walk the Earth today it would be the Christians that kill him.

His teachings are not followed.... they are perverted and twisted.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
As I stated above, this predates Christianity by a long way. Homicide has been against the law long before Jesus.

As I also stated in this post, the Lord Jesus Christ was here long before the first Homicide even happened.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" ~ John 1:1

Jesus is saying ‘It is me, do you see in Genesis 1:26. Yes, me, I was with your ancestors right at the beginning when I made you in my image and likeness.

I came to your ancestors, yes, me Jesus in Genesis 3:8 as the Lord God as I was walking in the garden in the cool of the day and your ancestors hid from me among the trees. It was me Jesus who spoke to your ancestors saying “Where are you?”

It was me, Jesus the Lord God, who made the garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them.

It was me, Jesus Christ your Lord God, who appeared with my two angels to meet Abraham near the great trees of Mamre.

It was me, your Lord God Jesus Christ (YESHUA) in Exodus 6:2, when I said to Moses, I AM the LORD who appeared to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob as God Almighty.

edit on 23-9-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join