It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America was Founded on We the People, Not Christianity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yet Jefferson, the guy who wrote the Declaration of Independence and a Founding Father, probably the most influential and important of the bunch, denounced Christian theology and doctrine. He's the one who wrote the foundation of the country, he did not found it on Christianity. Devoid of faith? No. Faith in Jesus and Christian theology? Doubly no.
edit on 9/22/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

How is anyone trying to drag you down? Christianity does not own morals. Just because America wasn't founded on Christianity does not mean it wasn't founded with morals in mind and at the heart of it.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: skunkape23

It is a collective effort.

No matter who realizes their actions I think we can all see we are headed in the wrong direction.

I remember a time most of the stuff we see on the streets was kept in the bed room.

Especially guys kissing guys, and chicks kissing chicks, or dudes pretending to be chicks etc....

I'm a pretty open minded guy, but is it too much to ask of folks to keep their business to themselves?

You have an abortion a week.... Ok
You are dude that likes dudes... Ok

I'm neither!!!

But i'm not out there yelling it to the world!!!

Though if I did it would be " I'm just a boring regular guy, not too special really, but everyone look at me, I'm not special either!!! "

Some people will do anything to get famous, those that do nothing but still become famous, deserve it!!!

That's an original johnwick quote right there, best keep that one for later, when I'm famous, you can tell your friends you saw it here first!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: deadeyedick

How is anyone trying to drag you down? Christianity does not own morals. Just because America wasn't founded on Christianity does not mean it wasn't founded with morals in mind and at the heart of it.

Actually, we atheists seem quite a bit more moral than our faithful counterparts most of the time honestly!!

The faithful seem to be the quickest to judgement, and the slowest to charity most of the time....

Funny how that works out isn't it!!

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

You can't speak for all atheists or religious people. The best kind of giving is the giving you don't talk about Jesus might have said that... honestly not sure

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: skunkape23

I remember a time most of the stuff we see on the streets was kept in the bed room.

I grew up on a farm.
I saw a pair of possums humping in tree last night.
One of the best belly laughs I had as kid was when my toddler brother came in wide-eyed and frantic.
He took me by the hand and took me to see the two-headed dog.

edit on 22-9-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I t'ought that da wee people were Irish (dem leprechauns).

Seriously, though, the US Constitution talks of "We the People", not the Declaration of Independence and Jefferson was in France and wasn't even involved with the writing of the Constitution. But, hey, what would I know, I'm not even American.

edit on 22/9/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: johnwick

You can't speak for all atheists or religious people. The best kind of giving is the giving you don't talk about Jesus might have said that... honestly not sure

It doesn't matter who said it, it is true none the less!!

I don't speak for all of any group, except maybe the A-holes of the world.....

Do I speak for us all or not.... Hey A-holes, Ya over there I'm talking to you.... Ya they gave me the finger, that means they agree, I am an A-hole!!!!

That is as far as our group meeting got.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
The only limit placed is the government is not to establish a state religion. There is no other limit, not even separation of church and state for all that people talk like it's gospel.

Not quite right -

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;...."

The language is a bit arcane, however there are 2 parts:

1/ "no law respecting an establishment of religion" - note not the establishment of A religion - but of religion itself. And not just "don't establish (a) state religion" - but make no law "in respect" of establishing a religion....so don't even think about it!

2/ Y'all get to be whatever religion y'all want to be - individually!

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
God owns America, He owns everything in fact.

America is HIS property.

God created the world and He alone owns it along with everything and everyone in it.

In fact, since the Lord Jesus Christ was the one by which ALL things were created, that means the entire world was founded on Christian principles...

All authority and rights of ownership of King Jesus over what we now know as America do not arrive later in some far-flung fantastic future context or only after His assured physical return to earth. America and everything therein belongs to Him completely right here and right now.

The land that America presently occupies is all His property. He is the landowner; our land Lord, if you will. He has set the non-negotiable terms for our use of His land and everything therein.

Who owns America?

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

John 18
36 Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place."

Matthew 4
8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”

The bible implies that Satan owns everything on Earth and Jesus rejected his offer to give Earth to him. Jesus seems to disagree with your assumption that everything on Earth is his.
edit on 9/22/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Incorrect...

That refers to Heaven.

Psalm 89:11 and 24:1 back me up as well.

The founders who built this great nation would disagree. One hundred fifty-five of the one hundred fifty-seven men who were considered America's founders were devout Christians! John Quincy Adams, the sixth President of the US, made this statement which was representative of all of the founders’ reflections on this question, "The inception of this country connected in one indissoluble bond the principles of civil government and the principles of Christianity."

The Lie of Separation of Church and State

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Read my edit. Satan offered Jesus the kingdoms of Earth and Jesus rejected his offer. Jesus does not own America, Satan does according to the bible.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

America is HIS property.

God created the world and He alone owns it along with everything and everyone in it.

In fact, since the Lord Jesus Christ was the one by which ALL things were created, that means the entire world was founded on Christian principles...

All authority and rights of ownership of King Jesus over what we now know as America do not arrive later in some far-flung fantastic future context or only after His assured physical return to earth. America and everything therein belongs to Him completely right here and right now.

The land that America presently occupies is all His property. He is the landowner; our land Lord, if you will. He has set the non-negotiable terms for our use of His land and everything therein.

Who owns America?

Um.....lol..

What if I don't believe in your specific fairy tale god?

Am I just left out?

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Read my edit. Satan offered Jesus the kingdoms of Earth and Jesus rejected his offer. Jesus does not own America, Satan does according to the bible.

I disagree, but at least you did the studying!!

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: buster2010

Is that why they prayed before sessions of Congress?

The assumption that only "Christians" pray is the zenith of self righteous bigotry.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

America is HIS property.
founded on Christian principles...

Who owns America?

This porch monkey is taking it back.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Jesus wasn't around in genesis....just sayin'.......

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

Jesus wasn't around in genesis....just sayin'.......

How many self-professed "Christians" have actually read the "Bible?"
I read the King James version front to back 3 times while sitting in jail.
I like the Jesus character. Most of it is nonsense to me.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick
What if I don't believe in your specific fairy tale god?

What if the REAL fairy tale is actually atheism?

Just a thought...

When you argue with reality, you lose - but only 100% of the time. - Byron Katie.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join