It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Active Shooter Delta State U Campus

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Oh I meant to put that key factor in and got side tracked.

The bus driver told the kids he had a gun and did not. The bus driver was fired.

The video was released but not to me.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

WAAAYYYY off the original topic. May get removed for that but, some years ago very close to me a man went to school to get his kids out. Anyway it escalated between him and the SRO. He wound up jailed.
There was a lot of...well... other stuff surrounding his actions, the school's actions, the SRO. Really it all boils down in the end to HE WANTED HIS KIDS!

He is preparing to go to court soon...

Once they go to school ( prison) your rights are done as a parent. Ive had them ask me why I wanted to sign them out early and my reply is "it's none of your business."

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: wshadow1

No love triangle. Just a deeply depressed and confused individual.

I'm calling BS on that. He was lying to his parents so they wouldn't think he was simply a deranged psychopath.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
There was a time in our society when, if someone committed an act like this, people assigned the blame to the "crazy person" and that was it.

This whole idea of blaming everything but the person responsible is a modern phenomenon and it makes no sense at all.

I think the desire to assign blame comes from the refusal to accept that there are a large number of people walking around with awful thoughts in their head and some are waiting for just the right trigger to snap and hurt someone. Sane people can't comprehend it so they try to blame movies, video games, music, guns, etc.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Sounds like a victim of gangstalking to me. Black ops mind control...

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: dissidentx
Sounds like a victim of gangstalking to me. Black ops mind control...

Seriously?

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
There was a time in our society when, if someone committed an act like this, people assigned the blame to the "crazy person" and that was it.

This whole idea of blaming everything but the person responsible is a modern phenomenon and it makes no sense at all.

I think the desire to assign blame comes from the refusal to accept that there are a large number of people walking around with awful thoughts in their head and some are waiting for just the right trigger to snap and hurt someone. Sane people can't comprehend it so they try to blame movies, video games, music, guns, etc.

It is very sad. It is the same with people and their kids these days. Nobody wants to take accountability for their kids being bad and they blame everyone else for it. I was a hellion in school and I know it and knew it then. My folks ALWAYS sided with the school on issues and I hated it because I knew I was wrong but still didn't want to get in trouble.

Accountability is for $hit these days. Everyone wants something or someone else to blame.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

"I couldn't possibly be a terrible parent so clearly little Timmy has some sort of disorder and needs to be medicated."

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

In too many cases that's exactly the attitude we see.

What ever happened, if indeed it ever did to any great extent, to owning one's mistakes/actions?

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: wshadow1
A final sad update on this tragedy. According to a friend of the family, Lamb had contacted his parents and told them that he accidentally shot Amy when she was trying to wrestle the gun away from him. He had been depressed and was attempting to kill himself.

He then drove to Delta State and was telling Schmidt about what had happened. Schmidt picked up the phone to call the police, and Lamb freaked out and shot him.

No love triangle. Just a deeply depressed and confused individual.

Please pray for all of the families involved.

How tragic. I wonder how accurate though? I mean if he had intended to kill himself and accidentally killed her instead, seems more likely that he would follow through on his original intention - not get in a car and dive for hours to tell his colleague but end up killing him too.

Anyways, if true, the obvious must be stated: A tragic episode of mental illness was made more dire and with permanent consequences simply by the presence of a gun.

There's no politics in stating truth.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JetBlackStare
I'm kinda thinking the same thing you are. If you are trying to kill yourself and accidently shoot someone else...you don't run. You finish what you started. That solves all your problems.

I think he suspected his friend and wife of betraying him. He shot his wife and then drove to confront and shot the friend. Makes much more sense.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ
a reply to: yuppa

Oh I meant to put that key factor in and got side tracked.

The bus driver told the kids he had a gun and did not. The bus driver was fired.

The video was released but not to me.

SOrry mods le tme ask something else then i promise back on topic.

SO he told them he had a gun and was fired because of it huh? Interesting. Guess bus drivers dont have freedom of speech either lol. Unless he threatened the kids with it i think he was wrongly fired.

ANyway. BOT...

HAs anyone reviwed this mans viewing history? any movies liek rambo or the basketball diaries? Or heathers?
We have to be ready to blame i t on anything else but the person killing the victim right?(sarcasm)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

There are a number of people walking around with terrible thoughts. I can understand why. The understanding only comes from watching people around me be put on medication and what their stories are regarding each med they were prescribed until they found the right one for their mental issue. Big Pharma is a BIG problem and the Dr's who push the drugs are equally a problem.

Some of these anti depressants make a person more depressed, even suicidal and homicidal.

Some of the "Bi-Polar" meds... same thing.

I'm not making excuses that aren't valid and or worth investigation.

How many of the shooters in recent past have been prescribed medication?

The only other thing to consider besides more people just being bat s*** crazy is...... magnetism?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Still nothing official, as far as a motive.

Motive elusive in Delta State double shooting that left professor from Kansas dead Police: Shooter and Ethan Schmidt did not get along

They said Lamb, killed himself 1 mile, from his parents house. I don't think, idk. but I don't think he was going to harm them. Possibly, just wanted to be close to them? Very sad, Still trying to understand why he did it. He could have been medicated, I haven't found anything about that either. But we know he was depressed and well, with the doctors today, I'm sure if he went. The doctors had him trying a few types of meds. Some wont work, until you have taken them for some time. I'll keep checking.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: C21H30O2I

It's getting to the point where I actually dread checking the news these days. I am so glad I do not own a television. This is just horrible. And it's in my home state, at my dad's alma mater to boot.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

I know. I love the news and current events. I always have but yah. When I log on I ask myself, what terrible things am I gonna learn about today? There are still awesome humans in the world though!

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join