It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Active Shooter Delta State U Campus

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

originally posted by: Jansy
We, as a society, are reaping what we've sown. I don't know why anybody with a brain is surprised...

Your post was dead on Jansy...

Those who can't see it are simply blinded by the same propaganda as those who commit these crimes.

The evidence backs you up as well...

What evidence? The shooter wasnt a teenager or young person so you can rule out violent video games and movies. The guy was in a love triangle and lost hi s marbles. thats it. Also Some studies say it does effect and a majority state th eopposite. I say Blame the Killer but SO many want to pass th ebuck its sickening. OWN WHATEVER YOU DO 100 percent. No one but him pulled the trigger. Not a demon from DOOM.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jansy
a reply to: yuppa

I doubt they'll be kissing anything in the future...more like blowing everyone away...because they will have had all that good virtual target practice...

But...whatever. It's still a free country (for the moment), and TPTB are more likely to start banning worshipping God and persecuting people for loving their neighbor than trying to stop the commercialization/glorification of violence and mayhem.

Oh...and good for you for sticking to your (virtual) guns...yay...

I guess you skimmed over what i wrote and didnt actually read it huh? Also since this guy is a ADULT there goes that theory. Holding a controller is DIffrent than a gun btw. They can watch or see safety films on how to handle firearms and use them. A shame such a low percentage is actually influenced by a game otherwise you would have a point.

I f this guy didnt get a gun he would had used a knife or something else. You are just blaming something because its easier. BLAME THE MAN NOT A INANIMATE OBJECT OR IMAGE. (emphasis only i do not"yell" with caps)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Shannon lamb left a hand written note behind. saying "I am so sorry I wish I could take it back. I loved Amy and she is the only person who ever loved me." Instantaneous guilt? I'm sure. He also stated to police during the call he placed to 911, that there is a "sweet dog" in the house that is "not going to bother anyone" but is likely upset. I don't know out of his mind? I don't think so. deeply depressed and broken but not insane.

After shooting and killing his girlfriend in Mississippi on Monday morning – and before he shot and killed his colleague later that day – Shannon Lamb wrote a note to say that he was “sorry” for the first murder and wished he “could take it back,” authorities revealed Tuesday.

Lamb told the dispatcher that police needed to send officers over to his home. He said "I shot my wife last night" and also mentioned that there is a "sweet dog" in the house that is "not going to bother anyone" but is likely upset. Police asked the caller his name, but he didn't give it. Lamb did not provide an explanation for the shooting. When police got to the scene they found the body of Amy Prentiss, 41, and a handwritten note from Lamb, 45, that said: "I am so sorry I wish I could take it back. I loved Amy and she is the only person who ever loved me."

I don't think he had any family here, but the one he killed. The article goes on to say

Despite reports Monday that Lamb allegedly believed Prentiss was also romantically involved with Schmidt, authorities said Tuesday that there was “no information, no evidence” of a “love triangle.” Prentiss was described as a "good person" by Shawn O'Steen, who said he had been married to her for about seven years. The two divorced 15 years ago, but remained friends. O'Steen said he and Prentiss had a daughter, who is 19, and she was "devastated." He said Prentiss and her daughter were "absolutely best friends.

Very sad, leaving her daughter.. Hope she learns to live with this tragedy.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This is crazy stuff!

My daughter is in the 10th grade and text me this morning saying they were on code red ( lock down ) which means someone is in the building.

For about 60 seconds all I could think about was I have no gun. I need a gun! Nope... I need a couple of machine guns. WHY? Because had that not been a drill and my daughter was stuck in there without any way of protecting herself I would have machine guns and could walk up in that B**** and find the shooter and take him out.

Call that above whatever ya want but I thought it and would do anything to protect my kids.

Im getting a gun and a permit next week.

Laws get broken.
Forget gun laws.
Everyone needs a gun to protect them self!

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

Make sure to get some training too....that way you can make sure to hit the intended when it may be needed...practice practice practice....

This is one of the main reasons I carry.....it actually stemmed from an attempted break in at my house while I lived in Mississippi a long time ago.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Say a prayer for Abigail Osteen, the 19-year-old daughter of Lamb's girlfriend.

I can't even imagine losing a loved one that way.

According to her LinkedIn page, she was managing her daughter’s music career...

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

If you do, practice. Many police depts. have programs that teach you how to shoot. If they don't, they'll certainly be able to tell you where to go to find those lessons.

There is no such thing as too much practice. ...and you might want to introduce your daughter to shooting as well. It's fun. It's a way to further connect with your kid(s), too.

Best of luck to you.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I certainly like the way you think MamaJ

This happened once in my part of the State a year or two ago.
It was at the elementary school where some of my kiddos were...

It tears your heart out to be driving, not really paying attention, along the road and all you can think of is what the hell is going on at the school!

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Jansy

If that were the case then there'd be many, many more shooting then there are...

As usual all too many are blaming an ephemeral as the cause. I've lost count of the number of hours I've lost playing first person shooting games...they're fun. Yet somehow, or other, I've not walked into a school, or my local movie theatre, and started shooting. Gee, I even own guns...

...and, gee, many others I know have played these games, too...and they *gasp* own firearms. Yet, huh, they don't shoot things up either. Unless the shooting range qualifies...?

That there is a problem is without dispute. It's, however, not games, nor is it guns.

An over reliance on chemicals to deal with issues? That's a distinct possibility...instead of taking the time to find out the issue, and correcting it, doctors (a laughable title in all too many cases...) prescribe drugs. ...and some of those drugs seem to have frightening side effects.

How about we spend some time exploring that? Rather than game consoles.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Make sure to get some training too....that way you can make sure to hit the intended when it may be needed...practice practice practice....

This is one of the main reasons I carry.....it actually stemmed from an attempted break in at my house while I lived in Mississippi a long time ago.

Oh no doubt. I will make it a hobby to go to the country or at the gun range. Im determined after almost having a stroke with the "No warning having DRILL". I was about to break down in tears.

I can laugh about it now... and let me tell ya I popped the top and drank a beer. Much better.

Im not into clips so Im thinking I want a 38 and a Derringer.

When I was a kid we had guns behind every door in the house ( my Grandmothers). We knew not to touch them. We never did unless we were asked to go get it. Someone may have been on the property before we had a street light and she'd call one of us to get one. Ive used them but definitely need more practice!

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Oh check this out.

My daughter AGAIN.. texts... then calls saying her bus driver has a gun. The guys on the bus are trying to make him pull over. The bus driver she said is a sub.

I FREAKED out , asked her where she was and went to the street she said she was on... all the while thinking crazy thoughts and crying.

Almost there and I see blue lights and the bus.

They had the kids outside the bus and the bus driver in the back of the cop car talking to him. They had another bus come and take ALL the kids back to the school where we had to show proof they were our kids. She was in the 8th grade... Im sure she is old enough to say who her mom is. Come on now!

I told the cop how I felt and then told school board and on and on. Made me so mad. Once they go to school ( prison) your rights are done as a parent. Ive had them ask me why I wanted to sign them out early and my reply is "it's none of your business."

They didn't like that.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Im not into clips so Im thinking I want a 38 and a Derringer.

That's my go to hand gun. Smith and Wesson .38 spl. wheel gun. Utterly idiot proof, and dependable. More importantly, it's comfortable. I've shot that thing since I was ten years old. Thousands of rds. through it on the range. I know it, and it knows me.

You get one that is comfortable for you. I've never shot a derringer, as I just don't like guns that are that small.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
Actually, he was from Greenville, MS. I'm not sure what the German stuff on his Facebook page was about, but he went to Washington High School. A friend of mine was in school with him.

Just another layer of strangeness to the whole thing.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ

Oh check this out.

My daughter AGAIN.. texts... then calls saying her bus driver has a gun. The guys on the bus are trying to make him pull over. The bus driver she said is a sub.

I FREAKED out , asked her where she was and went to the street she said she was on... all the while thinking crazy thoughts and crying.

Almost there and I see blue lights and the bus.

They had the kids outside the bus and the bus driver in the back of the cop car talking to him. They had another bus come and take ALL the kids back to the school where we had to show proof they were our kids. She was in the 8th grade... Im sure she is old enough to say who her mom is. Come on now!

I told the cop how I felt and then told school board and on and on. Made me so mad. Once they go to school ( prison) your rights are done as a parent. Ive had them ask me why I wanted to sign them out early and my reply is "it's none of your business."

They didn't like that.

I have to ask....was the driver threatening anyone with the gun or did th e students over react when they saw it and tried to take it away from the driver? Did they release the video footage on the bus?

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
No toll roads around here.

It all went down near Winterville Indian Mounds on Highway 1 just north of Greenville.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
A final sad update on this tragedy. According to a friend of the family, Lamb had contacted his parents and told them that he accidentally shot Amy when she was trying to wrestle the gun away from him. He had been depressed and was attempting to kill himself.

He then drove to Delta State and was telling Schmidt about what had happened. Schmidt picked up the phone to call the police, and Lamb freaked out and shot him.

No love triangle. Just a deeply depressed and confused individual.

Please pray for all of the families involved.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

WoW! Just reading that made me think bout if It were me and my boys! I agree with you. I would be there and I would get my sons! Machine guns? hehe stay safe!!

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: wshadow1

That's just wrong.. senseless killing. They all are but wth? he was definitely depressed and twisted a bit. He wasn't mad with either of them, just confused? Again all my best to the remaining family. Hopefully they can try to get back to normal.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Oh great ideas, thank you.

Mental health issues seem to be on the rise. People just cant handle much and the root could be prescription drugs?

Have no idea... just thinking out loud.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: C21H30O2I

Machine guns? hehe stay safe!!

Yeah, glad the thought came and went. Ha!

Staying safe in a world like today can only be had by arming yourself and being able to shoot someone without them taking it from your person or the assailant from getting back up.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join