It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China explosion: City of Shandong rocked as huge blast rips through chemical factory (3rd explosion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642
previous fires and explosions

This isn't anything new.

Thanks, shame people can't read it, here's some more from your link.

A chemical plant explodes for the second time in two years, injuring 19 people and causing a toxic chemical spill.

Several huge blasts at the Fuwa Engineering Manufacturing plant kill 17 workers and injure 33.

A fire at a food packaging plant kills at least 18 workers and injures 13. The blaze destroys 1,500 square metres of the factory before it is extinguished two hours later.

A dust explosion at a car parts factory factory kills at least 75 people and injured more than 180.

An oil pipeline explosion near a residential area kills 62 and injures at least 136.

These are fairly recent explosions in China.

Also the video in the op is from the Tianjin explosion.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty
a reply to: jude11

The pattern is poor health and safety. Follow the lack of money spent on health and safety will likely find the answers.

Exactly.
Growth numbers and the efficiency towards providing those take precedent over safety and having regulations which cut into the growth numbers. They are communists so their tried and true solution is a quick and tidy suicide from the management when accidents happen. It scares everyone to be a little extra cautious for a while until the poor growth numbers start winning in the battle for their eventual ordered suicide and precautions take a back seat again.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty

originally posted by: sg1642
previous fires and explosions

This isn't anything new.

Thanks, shame people can't read it, here's some more from your link.

A chemical plant explodes for the second time in two years, injuring 19 people and causing a toxic chemical spill.

Several huge blasts at the Fuwa Engineering Manufacturing plant kill 17 workers and injure 33.

A fire at a food packaging plant kills at least 18 workers and injures 13. The blaze destroys 1,500 square metres of the factory before it is extinguished two hours later.

A dust explosion at a car parts factory factory kills at least 75 people and injured more than 180.

An oil pipeline explosion near a residential area kills 62 and injures at least 136.

These are fairly recent explosions in China.

Also the video in the op is from the Tianjin explosion.

Perhaps the new employee on the job got the wrong idea when the boss said he was in charge of 'supplies'?

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Yes, maybe China IS being punished for something? Leaving the petrodollar? Helping start the BRICS bank?

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
So, nobody remembers this video as one of many being recorded during the big explosions in Tianjin?

edit on 31-8-2015 by earthling42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
This is supposed to be the explosion,

That is NOT the new explosion, that footage is from the "first" one, the big one...

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

I just only read the story, did not watch video. Are you saying the story is a hoax?

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
That's a pretty nasty blast wave in that video. Won't have done the internal organs of the person recording much good. It throws that fence in the air like confetti.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Everyone back to work. These independence day fireworks aren't going to wrap themselves.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Salander
a reply to: earthling42

I just only read the story, did not watch video. Are you saying the story is a hoax?

The video shown in this thread is not from today's explosion, it's from the Tianjin explosion a few weeks ago.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

I don't know if the story is a hoax since i have no info on it, but certainly the video is not from today and thus very misleading to use in a news story.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: kamatty

I guess we can surmise China doesn't have hazardous safety organizations like OSHA or PHMSA.

edit on 31-8-2015 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParanormalGuy

originally posted by: smurfy
This is supposed to be the explosion,

That is NOT the new explosion, that footage is from the "first" one, the big one...

Correct, that is why I used the word supposed. However it is the video used by The Mirror, who also think that a Hawker Hunter is a WW2 jet, and they are the source of the original link in the OP. In edit, I should say that the original source on twitter says a singular explosion.
This picture accompanied the report on twitter,

It's not one I am familiar with, and may be genuine.

Some text,
"The explosion was reported by the People's Daily newspaper - the Communist Party-owned publication.
State radio also revealed that a single blast occurred at a chemical plant in the city shortly before midnight.
Videos of an explosion were soon shared across social networks, but it was later revealed they were from a separate explosion that occurred more than two weeks ago."
edit on 31-8-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Oh dear, it's just so odd that it's happened three times already!

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fluksterfox
Oh dear, it's just so odd that it's happened three times already!

What's happened 3 times? Can you elaborate please.

Note: searching online it appears this is possibly a hoax. A loud bang was reported on a Chinese radio station according to reuters, I think that is all anyone is sure of (the radio report). Unfortunately there is a chance that something has happened and China has blocked any reporting due to the attention gained from the Tianjin explosion.

mobile.reuters.com...
edit on 31-8-2015 by kamatty because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I guess we can surmise China doesn't have hazardous safety organizations like OSHA or PHMSA.

China does have some workplace safety policies in play... just to keep the UN 'crimes against humanity' organizations feeling all warm and fuzzy inside.

But I think it's safe to say that these policies are most likely not enforced and/or followed through with by the Chinese government.

Chances are these corporations are running their businesses under very little regulatory oversight.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I can think of at least one air delivered system that if you weren't looking very carefully and closely you'd miss the signature.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: kamatty

Whoa. Keep it easy there. Just like the news article I wanted to make clear that this is the 3rd explosion in weeks.

Explosions can happen anywhere at anytime. When I write something is up, I mean could be everything from Air condition/pressure to a planned detonation. You never know.

(I'm on mobile now and about to check out the thread. Thanks everyone for the Flags&Stars.
)

edit on 31-8-2015 by Eagleyedobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Eagleyedobserver

It was easy, why call me out? I was just providing more information for those unable to search further than this thread. I Wasn't rude or out of line. I know the information I provided isn't very exciting but they are facts.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eagleyedobserver

What can I say? Pretty confusing as this is already the 3rd eplosion in China.

I wasn't aware you tried to make it clear it was the 3rd explosion in weeks when I made any of my posts, but now you bring it up.....you clearly don't say that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join