It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China explosion: City of Shandong rocked as huge blast rips through chemical factory (3rd explosion

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Any actual footage of this new explosion?

The video making the rounds in this topic is of the original Tanjian explosion, and is not new. Any further updates on this story?

Peace.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty

originally posted by: Eagleyedobserver

What can I say? Pretty confusing as this is already the 3rd eplosion in China.

I wasn't aware you tried to make it clear it was the 3rd explosion in weeks when I made any of my posts, but now you bring it up.....you clearly don't say that.

Yeah I don't say that because it should be clear it's not the 3rd explosion in chinas history lol+ If people click on the article they know what I mean. And I wasn't calling you out just trying to say keep it easy with your info. Should be clear to most ppl here.

It doesn't make anything more or less exciting for me as I'm aware such explosions can happen at anytime.
And As I clearly pointed out during this thread I don't lke innocent people being affected in such situations. I'd rather have 3 mega explosions that puts no one in direct danger.

Same goes for nature. I can get excited over 3 hurricanes forming at the same time over the pacific. Most people would probably only get excited if one of them makes landfall somewhere (which is understandable to a certain extent) but I'm just impressed by the power of nature.

edit on 1-9-2015 by Eagleyedobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
China explosions in 2015:

Chemical plant in China's southeastern province of Fujian, April 2015
Chemical plant in Rizhao, July 2015
Chemical plant in Port city of Tianjin, Aug 12th
Chemical plant in Shandong province, Aug 22th
Shandong Binyuan Chemical Plant in Lijin, Dongying City, Shandong, Aug 31st

So far this has been the most active year in China for Chemical plant explosions. 2013 had 4, avg is 2 a year.

Sirric

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: kamatty

True, it does happen a lot more than is reported in the world wide news. But thanks to that one very large explosion they have eyes on them now.

I do have to admit at fist I thought they were reporting on the old explosion again, till I gave the story a quick read over.

While I do admit that explosion are not super common, they do happen over there. With all the chemical processing going on it's just bound to happen, even more so when production speed is favored over safety which sadly is the norm' for there and a few other mass production nation.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04

Either it has been a small explosion, or it is a complete hoax since there is no information whatsoever.

The Tianjin explosion made the news and information came from every direction, including footage.

It seems more like that one rumour outlet has made a newsitem and the rest of the copy paste media has copied it.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
May have found video of the actual explosion... sorry if it is of the first one, but it looks like a separate event. Here is a link:

www.youtube.com...

That second blast....!!!!! I am wondering what the slow falling debris was?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: boneoracle
May have found video of the actual explosion... sorry if it is of the first one, but it looks like a separate event. Here is a link:

www.youtube.com...

That second blast....!!!!! I am wondering what the slow falling debris was?

Still the Tianjin explosion :-(

i can't find any photos, video or any reliable information.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
As a result of all of the volcanic and earthquake activity from these past few years, methane deposits have been leaking through the land surfaces and the ocean floors. I work on a fault line and there have been numerous cases of natural methane leaking this year, some of which have caused explosions.

This is going to get much worse. Mark my words.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Oh okay then.. hadn't seen that one before, thanks for the info! a reply to: kamatty

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Eagleyedobserver

Just a quick note to propose conspiracy..

China is the new manufacturer for the next generation of illegal drugs.

These chemical manufacturing outfits are responsible for "bath salts" and "incense"...drugs that have an atomic structure that effectively duplicates illegal drugs like Molly, Ecstasy, Heroine etc. but skirt the letter of the law because of creative chemical engineering.

The cartels are not creating recreational pharmaceuticals for teenagers in south America, they are ordering them from China in bulk.

Could this be cartel wars?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
So far i think this is a hoax to disturb the Chinese market as i found no reliable source for it, jumpy days

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Other news outlets are carrying the story:

CNBC: Dongying factory blast kills one, six execs arrested

The Independent: Dongying chemical plant explosion: Blast shakes eastern Chinese province of Shandong

Dongying News, People's Daily and Weibo are cited as sources.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: EviLCHiMP Kinda reminds me of the Texas Blast
There was talk about the timing there too!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Three explosions, two no problem, three...somethings up.

Leaning towards sabotage, not saying it is, but if we look at the first explosion in Tianjin a couple of weeks ago, the blast, if it was sabotage, could of been aimed at the supercomputer situated a kilometer away from the blast, as it did receive damage.

Source

China has shut down one of its fastest supercomputers used in the nation’s space programme after it was damaged in Wednesday night’s deadly blasts in the northeastern Chinese port of Tianjin .

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
news.asiaone.com...

Another new explosion in Japan on tuesday big one too, blew up an aluminum factory. . . .

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: earthling42
a reply to: Salander

I don't know if the story is a hoax since i have no info on it, but certainly the video is not from today and thus very misleading to use in a news story.

I have not been able to find a story about this anywhere other than here. It seems to be a hoax.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Eagleyedobserver

The FAZ cites Chinas Peoples Daily and Xinhua. Loss of live and injured confirmed, they say 85 of 124 factories in Peking lack decent security whilst dealing with high explosive chemicals.
Just saying, I dunno.

edit on 1-9-2015 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-9-2015 by PublicOpinion because: loss of words

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Salander

originally posted by: earthling42
a reply to: Salander

I don't know if the story is a hoax since i have no info on it, but certainly the video is not from today and thus very misleading to use in a news story.

I have not been able to find a story about this anywhere other than here. It seems to be a hoax.

China likes to stop news geting out.
I have ordered stuff on Ebay from china!
I hope I get it. maybe China Can not make stuff any more?

Think about that !!!

China's economy is droping fast.
But if the factorys are been sabotaged too.
then the economy is been Made to Die and not just drop.

who is going to order stuff from china any more?
are you geting what I am saying? no ok.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: buddha

I think I understand your point, but when shopping (depending on the item) I try to 'buy American'. Don't do Amazon, don't do eBay. Color me strange.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Overrated. Great in concept, not so much in reality. There are much better and more accurate systems.

True, but none as awesome for sheer comic bookiness!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join