It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China explosion: City of Shandong rocked as huge blast rips through chemical factory (3rd explosion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: anticitizen
did china want to get rid of the petrodollar?

because that's pretty unhealthy, as history showed us.

Correct...as I recall the BRICS nations were looking to set up their own Central bank to rival the IMF. I don't know if they're still at it, however.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty
a reply to: jude11

What pattern?

A pattern of non-coincidence?

Or just of them being intentional?

Or even perhaps low quality of the same materials used in either the construction, containment, filtration?

Arson or corrupt building/storage practices...

As always, follow the money.

Jude

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eagleyedobserver

originally posted by: smurfy

This is supposed to be the explosion,

I would star you for putting it here for everyone to see but I'm not 100% sure this is the explosion(i know it's from the news link but still).

But regardless I hate when such 'accidents' affect innocent people though. I wouldn't wish this on anyone that I don't really hate.

I already changed the copy, those guys were speaking English, and it looked like they were reviewing it in a replay.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

This is supposed to be the explosion,

looks like just what one would expect from a residual fire, undiscovered since the last recent humongous explosion... perhaps a low level smoldering finally ignited an underground tank of some volatile stuff which had just enough oxygen mixed in to explode in a fireball (not so much a forceful explosion as much as an energetic fireball)

the video looks like a fuel storage tank exploded as a fireball, mostly upward

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
a reply to: Eagleyedobserver

When I wrote the thread on the second blast I said that 2 was a coincidence and a third will be a pattern.

Looks like we have a pattern.

Jude

I actually came here searching for your comment because I remember what you said. However, if you count the one from japan, which was after the second in china, that makes 4.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

China's business of their economy has been already hit by the reduced trade. Perhaps these are "insurance fires" have been known to happen when a company gets a backlog of overstock that leaves them out on a long limb and a convenient fire comes along to recover some portion of the investment eaten up in producing those goods that remain in the storage yards, unsold.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: infolurker

He means this..profusci.blogspot.com...
I made the suggestion last time as well.
Not the creator.

Ah, the tungsten spear drops.....

I think that would be detected. And leave one hell of a crater and residue.

Rods from the Gods..thought to be the perfect weapon, I was thinking that after the last explosion, but then you would know...not from where they came, but the originators. All a bit silly, there's nothing more 'innocent' than a big fecking stone incoming...with a little help of course.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
These explosions are entering the realm beyond the possibility of coincidence and accidents. The unsafe conditions at these plants aren't something new and have likely existed since the beginning of the plants. It's strange that just in the past month we're starting to see the consequences of an unsafe environment.

I'm starting to think that it's more likely than ever intentional.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I wonder how the "no signature"?
or is it terrorists?
THE same careless smoking GUARD got hired there having MIRACULOUSLY survived the last 2?

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

All Intentional.
They're in for the Insurance.

edit on 31-8-2015 by boozo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Rods From God are cool as hell in theory, but aren't really practical. They're really hit or miss and at those distances a miss can go a long way. And it doesn't really take much to nudge them off course.

If you want a good orbital system a beam weapon would be a lot more effective.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
previous fires and explosions

This isn't anything new.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642

This isn't anything new.

When explosions occur even on carrot packaging workshops (lol), you may wonder how bad are safety measures on China, and explosions on chemical plants seem perfectly normal and ordinary.
edit on 31-8-2015 by Vastator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Rods From God are cool as hell in theory, but aren't really practical. They're really hit or miss and at those distances a miss can go a long way. And it doesn't really take much to nudge them off course.

That's why I said a bunch of stones for doing the job, better still lasso a big Comet or one the right size, guaranteed to break up, and make an awful mess. Code name...Sherman.

Mind you, for a country that's dabbled in explosives before everyone else, these Chinese big bangs are kinda strange.
edit on 31-8-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Nothing a bit of Kentucky windage won't sort out.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

The pattern is poor health and safety. Follow the lack of money spent on health and safety will likely find the answers.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vastator

originally posted by: sg1642

This isn't anything new.

When explosions occur even on carrot packaging workshops (lol), you may wonder how bad are safety measures on China, and explosions on chemical plants seem perfectly normal and ordinary.

I watched a video of Chinese men pushing a scaffolding tower round a court yard and straight in to power lines above them. I think a Chinese labourer must have a lower life expectancy than an jihadi suicide bomber..

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Maybe some China corporations that recently took losses in the market are collecting on some insurance to make up for it. Or they were about to get found out fudging their books?

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The next person to whine and complain about federal government interference with local/state safety and workplace regulations.... I'm going to slap them upside the head with a map of China.

This is what happens when businesses are allowed to make their own rules, folks.

Fingers crossed no employees had to lose their lives in this one too.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Maybe some China corporations that recently took losses in the market are collecting on some insurance to make up for it. Or they were about to get found out fudging their books?

certainly more likely than a tungsten asteroid...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join