It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two journalists killed in shooting during live newscast at Smith Mountain Lake

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

He was reported dead and then it was corrected. I was listening to the police scanner when they found him and it seemed that the cops were assuming he was dead... they were casual and not calling for medical.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
I hope they don't vilify the journalist victims.

Why would they vilify? Because of what the killer posted about them on twitter?

Who knows… with his posts on Twitter, you could have some lunatic fringe members of BLM or the NBPP coming out in support of the shooter.

Do we gate a look at the 23 page report? Sorry, I'm 10 pages behind, if someone would point at it…

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The guy tweeted a video of the shooting. I was able to see it seconds before it was taken down. It was quite possibly one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen, it almost didn't seem real. The guy stood there with his gun out for what seemed like forever, as both the reporter and cameraman were to busy to notice him standing there.

The shooter also seemed incredibly calm, taking his time to get both video and gun ready. He had a few tweets before the videos of some EEOC complaint he filed. Seconds after I saw the videos his entire account had been suspended. I'm sure law enforcement is now going back through is feed to see what kinds of things he was posting prior to the shooting.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Since there's a racial component to this story, Rev. Al should be interjecting himself very soon.

Let's see if you cope the hounding I did for 'apparently' disrespecting the victims by making a political comment. Or is it only disrespectful if you don't agree with it?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Since there's a racial component to this story, Rev. Al should be interjecting himself very soon.

Let's hope not.

To vilify two people who are gone and cannot defend themselves.

link   
So glad I did not see that Twitter video, the first one was bad enough

link   
a reply to: Willtell

This wasn't a mass shooting so what's your point?

People get murdered in just about every country on the planet, I think it's safe to say.

link   
Well the guy just shot himself...

Shooter Shoots Himeself

Well then...

Sad two innocent people had to die.

link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

originally posted by: Hefficide

This is insane... the killer just uploaded video of the shooting.

Should we be giving him the time of day?

He just killed people. The only media coverage he deserves is when the public gets to see him take the stand.

Screw his videos, and people should ignore their morbid curiosity because it plays into his hands. He wants to be seen and talked about, we should be depriving him of that.

Yeah, because you should only be able to hear what an accused criminal says from someone else's mouth, or while he's under the pressure of a trial and may not/most likely cannot speak freely..

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

He was reported dead and then it was corrected. I was listening to the police scanner when they found him and it seemed that the cops were assuming he was dead... they were casual and not calling for medical.

That seems odd to me. Wouldn't they logically check his pulse once they found him wounded?

Or, maybe they just didn't care and just wanted him to die a slow death.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
The guy tweeted a video of the shooting. I was able to see it seconds before it was taken down. It was quite possibly one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen, it almost didn't seem real. The guy stood there with his gun out for what seemed like forever, as both the reporter and cameraman were to busy to notice him standing there.

The shooter also seemed incredibly calm, taking his time to get both video and gun ready. He had a few tweets before the videos of some EEOC complaint he filed. Seconds after I saw the videos his entire account had been suspended. I'm sure law enforcement is now going back through is feed to see what kinds of things he was posting prior to the shooting.

I know, that's why I said how could no one have noticed

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Let's see if you cope the hounding I did for 'apparently' disrespecting the victims by making a political comment. Or is it only disrespectful if you don't agree with it?

Can't wait to hear from the BLM crowd. After all, the shooter killed himself and the other two deserved it since he said they were racist (eyeroll).

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I don't think it's disrespectful. I think it's in poor taste that this is still developing and we have to make political comments, or talk about Al Shaprton and race.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Why don’t you read the article

You’re right on one score….this was only 2 killed and they consider 4 killings a mass killing so this is actually not literally a mass killing.

The point is things like this are so normal to us…

The point is to remind of the savage violent society we live in or…if you want fine

WORLD WE LIVE IN

I hope that makes you feel better

link   

Can't wait to hear from the BLM crowd. After all, the shooter killed himself and the other two deserved it since he said they were racist (eyeroll).

Of course. Let's drag BLM in to this.

For the love of god guys.

Never let a crisis go to waste, indeed.
edit on 26-8-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
I hope he doesn't die, I want to see him go to trial, death is to easy

I hope he croaks. If he were to live, these days, there's a chance he could be found "not guilty".

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
San Diego channel 6 news is reporting that the shooter was hired and fired by their news director in 2006 for "bizarre behavior and threatening employees."

ETA - this was at a Florida station. The director now works in San Diego.
edit on 26-8-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

link   
I don't see why anyone is surprised that a wannabe reporter filmed and uploaded his crime. Given it seems likely he intended to kill himself, it's one last story at the end of the day. It's big news, and that piece of XXXX gets the byline.

Pathetic individual anyhow.

link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Yeah..I managed to capture it on my phone....it is posted back on PG 12 of this thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join