It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two journalists killed in shooting during live newscast at Smith Mountain Lake

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

to be honest, i was expecting more of both.

at first i thought more it would be anti gun, but when i saw the racism part and his complaining about human resources, i expect more of the race defenders coming on.

surprising there is not more of both than there is.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: intrptr

On YouTube it is. It was copyright, now its 'Pulled by User'…

There was disturbing content-there was no choice but to pull it.

When I clicked on the link on page one, it said "Not available in your country due to copyright infringement by Hirsch entertainment" or some such. Okay so that wasn't true. Then the same video "removed by user" a bit later. All within one hour of the event.

Nobody else has copied it up yet? A mod told me its 'looping on TV" , I can't find it. They're just showing pics.

Oh, well, back to believing what we're told.

The post by Vasa Croe on page 13 of this thread shows the video fine..

Thanks I found one. By the way, there is no post from Vasa Croe on page thirteen…

Found this, though. Finally, some meat on the bone (before they pulled it). One tiny look at why instead of just gunmen and chase scenario. From page thirteen…

originally posted by: Tazkven
I grabbed a pic before the site went down ...

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat
a reply to: crappiekat

I am sorry, I thought CNN stated he had killed himself.

Apparently he is still alive.

He is still alive? Are you hearing that on the news?

link   
Que the race card in 3...2...

JT

link   
Why? I mean what is the point of this? Angered or not, this is just non-sense. I'm not talking about gun-control. I'm talking about emotional control of a person. I just don't get how someone could get so angered to take a life and then take their own life? It's not a win-win situation, nor a lose-win situation it's a lose-stupid situation. The victim lost his life and his family lost him. The aggressor, took his life and gained nothing in return other than causing emotional distress for others.

Sorry, just had to rant for a second.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: Shamrock6

Why don’t you read the article

You’re right on one score….this was only 2 killed and they consider 4 killings a mass killing so this is actually not literally a mass killing.

The point is things like this are so normal to us…

The point is to remind of the savage violent society we live in or…if you want fine

WORLD WE LIVE IN

I hope that makes you feel better

Thanks for the reminder that people get murdered.

link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Since there's a racial component to this story, Rev. Al should be interjecting himself very soon.

Let's see if you cope the hounding I did for 'apparently' disrespecting the victims by making a political comment. Or is it only disrespectful if you don't agree with it?

Can't wait to hear from the BLM crowd. After all, the shooter killed himself and the other two deserved it since he said they were racist (eyeroll).

Of course. Let's drag BLM in to this.

For the love of god guys.

Never let a crisis go to waste, indeed.

I feel your frustration.

Unfortunately, it's inevitable.

This whole story is likely going to be pulled, poked and twisted in any way that furthers an agenda.

edit on 26-8-2015 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2015 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Since there's a racial component to this story, Rev. Al should be interjecting himself very soon.

Let's see if you cope the hounding I did for 'apparently' disrespecting the victims by making a political comment. Or is it only disrespectful if you don't agree with it?

Can't wait to hear from the BLM crowd. After all, the shooter killed himself and the other two deserved it since he said they were racist (eyeroll).

Never let a crisis go to waste, indeed.

Don't worry, they won't, there's no Bernie Sanders speeches to hijack.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

You must be one of the Gods!! Thank you for posting that twitter information picture!! I cannot stand it when all of the links and videos are suddenly removed disallowing the common citizen to conduct his own investigation; I still feel this is sort of shady..

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Its on PG 12 of the thread.

Here it is again for those that missed it...disturbing.

edit on 8/26/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
This is a sad story. I am going to venture a guess that the killer was someone they knew, or at least one of them knew....scorned lover or something of the sort. Seems like a planned attack to me....whomever killed them had to know where they would be reporting from.

You put that one together fairly quickly given there was very little information at the time of your posting. Turns out you were right -- the shooter was a 'disgruntled' ex-employee of the news station.

Nice job.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: tony9802

You must be one of the Gods!! Thank you for posting that twitter information picture!! I cannot stand it when all of the links and videos are suddenly removed disallowing the common citizen to conduct his own investigation; I still feel this is sort of shady..

There 23 ages of his pov somewhere, too.

Waiting…

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

The news reports are now stating that he merely attempted to commit suicide, meaning that he is actually alive!!

If that is the case, then it will make everything a bit more believable for me..he looks like a nice person in his sportscoat..

edit on 26-8-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I'm curious about that as well.

I wonder if they will release it at all.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Waiting…

What the heck does POV mean? and 23 ages is in reference to something in particular..? Maybe you'll take some time out to explain those two for me.. See I told, you're one of the Gods out there..
edit on 26-8-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

link   
State police just said he is dead.

link   

a reply to: hounddoghowlie

The news reports are now stating that he merely attempted to commit suicide, meaning that he is actually alive!!

If that is the case, then it will make everything a bit more believable for me..he looks like a nice person in his sportscoat..

Yes....I am sure he was VERY sweet....today was just a bad day for him.... /sarcasm

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
He shot himself but is still alive according to reports. Here are a few question though, on motive and help...

Since he did not work there anymore, who was the person who let him know that they would be where they were today?

The shooter, in 2000, filed a complaint with the EEOC regarding racism and was awarded 15k at another TV station in FL.

Would seem he lived by the 'race card' it seems based on history and his firing here.

He should have just put his mouth on the gun and pulled the trigger at home alone with his 23 page manifesto...
edit on 08am31amf0000002015-08-26T11:37:49-05:001149 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on 08am31amf0000002015-08-26T11:38:15-05:001115 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Waiting…

What the heck does POV mean? and 23 ages is in reference to something in particular..? See I told, you're one of the Gods!!

POV = Point of View. As in you are seeing the shooting from the shooters camera (his point of view) when he filmed it.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join