It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two journalists killed in shooting during live newscast at Smith Mountain Lake

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

He died a coward and took the easy way out, after he robbed two others of that ability. I hope he burns in Hell.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I can not even begin to imagine losing a loved one in this manner. I also can not begin to imagine losing a loved one in this manner, seeing it, and then knowing that videos of it are spreading like wildfire. I know it's news but it has to be beyond devastating for those who go through this. How many of us lose someone in such a violent way only to know that all of the world has also seen it time and time again?

edit on 8/26/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

going from your first post and this one.

i think you got your tin foil hat on to tight this morning. it was coming from his twitter account. it is obvious that it was the same as the new report.

plus you might want to watch the words you use, black folks take offense at that word to even though it is correct in it's meaning that it's the spainish word for black.

edit on 26-8-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

I might well be one of the most political posters on ATS, but I find it to be utterly tasteless to use the deaths of innocents as an excuse to push an agenda.

There is a time and a place for all things... and the time is never before the bodies are cold and while the victims loved ones are grieving.

You and I both know that there will be those that use this to push an agenda. The phrase "never let a crisis go to waste" is the mantra of all sorts.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
Schools in the area have been locked down. They are also planning on bringing in counsellors and such for the children immediately.

Why would they need to bring in councilors to the schools if they had not witnessed it or had the incident occur at the school?

The children and staff would probably need to learn why their schools had been placed in lockdown-- does lockdown mean police are there? Normally it does: SWAT? So I assume the counseling is to cope with the trauma of the lockdown, and to learn why it unfortunately occurred in the first place.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
We are seeing more and more of the glorification in which people are wanting to go out. Why is that? Well mainly because the media is all over it. I don't know but it sounds like the killer killed himself? These types of criminals need to be handled swiftly. No need for trial or jury to prolong the celebrity status some of these criminals want. Take them out back and put a single bullet to the head. Case closed.

link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
I can not even begin to imagine losing a loved one in this manner. I also can not begin to imagine losing a loved one in this manner, seeing it, and then knowing that videos of it are spreading like wildfire. I know it's news but it has to be beyond devastating for those who go through this. How many of us lose someone in such a violent way only to know that all of the world has also seen it time and time again?

That's why I the major point of discussion on this issue is how he used social media. It's a great way to communicate, but it can also cause lasting damage.

link   
I hope they don't vilify the journalist victims.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Here guys, managed to find more of the twitter feed capped.

imgur.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

He died a coward and took the easy way out, after he robbed two others of that ability. I hope he burns in Hell.

Me too!

Many here predicted he would either kill himself or it would suicide by cops.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
This is such a tragedy. My best wishes to families and friends of the victims.

The killer was obviously a very sick man and, while I do wish he had gotten help earlier in his life, I have to admit I'm glad he will never be able to hurt anyone ever again. Nothing can excuse what he's done.

As for nobody noticing him... how many people see an interview happening and try to record it on their phones, take selfies and stuff like that? I'm sure the interviewer was used to that kind of behaviour. Her job was to make the woman with her feel comfortable and share her info, she was focused on that, not on random people recording her.

As I said... a tragedy.

link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Why would they vilify? Because of what the killer posted about them on twitter?

link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric
Is it wrong of me to be glad he killed himself?

Because I actually am and I'm not quite sure how I feel about that at the moment.

I guess after watching the video he posted, I have no remorse for a life that cared so little about other's lives.

I guess it depends on how you view it. If you are religious, you'd think he'd be facing the consequences of his actions. If you believe there is no life after death, he got away with it.

I don't want to view the video he took, to me that's part of him winning.

link   
Can't believe I was out running around town yesterday and
completely forgot to be afraid, devastating, sick basturd,
why on wednesday?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I might well be one of the most political posters on ATS, but I find it to be utterly tasteless to use the deaths of innocents as an excuse to push an agenda.

There is a time and a place for all things... and the time is never before the bodies are cold and while the victims loved ones are grieving.

You and I both know that there will be those that use this to push an agenda. The phrase "never let a crisis go to waste" is the mantra of all sorts.

And to be fair it will be used by both sides, like on guns, to push agendas. Only those pushing one side will be accused of the disrespecting the dead it seems though.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

No one seen him standing there?

Cameraman would have needed eyes in the back of his head to see the shooter. Reporter and woman being interviewed were focused on each other.
When an on scene interview is happening, you practically have to get into the shot to get a reaction from the reporter... or run into them from behind.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

It would take some spin to vilify the victims...

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
watching CNN feed from WDBJ the station they worked at.

he's not dead.

edit on 26-8-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: intrptr

On YouTube it is. It was copyright, now its 'Pulled by User'…

There was disturbing content-there was no choice but to pull it.

When I clicked on the link on page one, it said "Not available in your country due to copyright infringement by Hirsch entertainment" or some such. Okay so that wasn't true. Then the same video "removed by user" a bit later. All within one hour of the event.

Nobody else has copied it up yet? A mod told me its 'looping on TV" , I can't find it. They're just showing pics.

I would like to watch it. Now we're being told (but not shown) he "shot himself" and the news is showing a car off the road, door open and a tarp covering something some distance away.

I'd like to see the video of that chase, too.

Oh, well, back to believing what we're told.

ETA: Okay, found one, if this isn't edited, here it is for others who wanted a look…

edit on 26-8-2015 by intrptr because: bb code and YouTube

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

Why would they vilify? Because of what the killer posted about them on twitter?

Who knows... with his posts on Twitter, you could have some lunatic fringe members of BLM or the NBPP coming out in support of the shooter.
edit on b000000312015-08-26T11:07:24-05:0011America/ChicagoWed, 26 Aug 2015 11:07:24 -05001100000015 by butcherguy because: added the word 'could'.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join