It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Luke, I am your father CHANGED, to NO, I am your father......

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
For all of the people using to cop out of humans having flawed memories, yes, we do, in one time evevents and meetings etc..... But when it is a part of your daily life, like the word milk being spelled M I L K... You cannot use your flawed memory theories.... It is not like seeing the word milk ONE time and then remembering it wrong YEARS down the road.... These are things etched into our brains as a daily part of our lives..... So your bad memory theories do not apply here.

If there is a car accident 5 years ago surrounded by trauma, noise, confusion and emotions, will it be remembered incorrectly? You bet! But spelling something like the word milk every day will NOT be in the same category!

Sorry, had to edit due to autocorrect trying to take over the world and rewrite everything I try to type from now on....lol
edit on 27-4-2016 by hidingthistime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Also....

In my old reality it was always "Luke..... I am your father"..... and no it wasn't a miss quote for me, because I had a worst enemy with that name, and every time I watched that part it made me cringe to hear the name and I wished it was a different name....

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: hidingthistime

Sorry, had to edit due to autocorrect trying to take over the world and rewrite everything I try to type from now on....lol

Rofl...omg...I completely agree with everything you wrote, but I really laughed hard reading the above sentence!!
(thanks)
That sounds like how I think too.

And yeah, it was always "Luke I am your father." We said that line too many times, like Arnold's "I'll be back."
Or has that changed too?

Seriously, blaming my memory is useless when everyone in my real life shares it too. We're not all bad readers, spellers, inattentive nitwits...also NOT all morons just jumping to 'woo-woo' conclusions...we are trying to figure this out!!

I seriously wish people would either....TRY to understand why we are freaking out so much, or...experience one themselves. Some common word to them, that *BAM* is spelled differently all of a sudden.

Geez, I'm sick of repeating "if you can't relate, why debate?"
jacy

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

Hold on, hold on ....

I remember BerenstAin.

I remember 'no, I am your father'

So I've never payed much attention these threads. I also remember Reba McEntire.

But I know for a fact it's always been 'Interview With A Vampire'.

Are you saying it's not?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Ha-ha cute! I wish I could give you more than one star! Lol

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CheckPointCharlie

Hold on, hold on ....

I remember BerenstAin.

So I've never payed much attention these threads. I also remember Reba McEntire.

Are you saying it's not?

it changed to "the", which makes no sense, because he wasn't THE ONLY vampire, he was A vampire.....ONE of them....A....

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Check these out too!

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: hidingthistime

Yeah I just looked it up.

I'm shocked.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I have to log off...just bookmarking this spot for tomorrow morning!!

I may be a pest, this stuff fascinates me.
jacy

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

I have to log off...just bookmarking this spot for tomorrow morning!!

I may be a pest, this stuff fascinates me.
jacy

me too! Ttyl. Fellow world jumper!

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Hold on, hold on ....

I remember BerenstAin.

Are you saying it's not?

it changed to "the", which makes no sense, because he wasn't THE ONLY vampire, he was A vampire.....ONE of them....A....

The official title of the book interview with the vampire. The movie title was changed to interview with a vampire since it was marketed to the US market.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Hold on, hold on ....

I remember BerenstAin.

Are you saying it's not?

The official title of the book interview with the vampire. The movie title was changed to interview with a vampire since it was marketed to the US market.
in the old timeline they did that? I wonder why they changed it back...

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
A retold quote over and over. The context was placed in, and Luke replaced the "NO", so people would immediately connect to the phrase, when it was used in some parody. It stuck and this memory overtook the original. Not related to any Bear.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Have you even read the thread?

No. Just NO..... I wish! Lol....life would be so much easier if you were right! Lol

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   
As with most such phenomena, I am agnostic. Maybe people really are from another universe/timeline/reality where things are different. Who knows?

On the other hand, because I'm agnostic, that also means I must entertain the very real possibility that - since we know it is - fallibility of human memory is far more profound than most are willing to admit to themselves, and that this is all simply the neurological/psychological Mandela effect as posited by sociologists.

I can't assert that that's the case... nor do I particularly care, to be honest. For all I know we all shift realities constantly and are none the wiser. I can't prove we don't. I can't prove none of you have or that you don't have memories which are real yet conflict with events in this world. As I said, who knows?

But it is possible it's just that your memories are fallible and you don't want to accept that because it appears to fly in the face of what you think are real and consistent memories, and that, if so, that is sufficient to explain this. People can believe what they choose to, but that doesn't eliminate that possibility. Just as my saying that doesn't eliminate the possibility - however fanciful it may appear to some - that you've really experienced this.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Can you imagine waking up one morning and seeing that everything absolutely EVERYTHING to do with Frankenstein...is now spelled Frankenstain? Would you notice that one...is the spelling the same as here?
jacy

In Italian and Spanish the spellings are the same, but things are pronounced differently. The letter 'a' always sound like a'' in apple, it never changes, hence the Berenstain bears have alwyas been called with an 'a'.

I understand what you are saying about Frankenstein, however, I just don't see what you guys see, I still remember things as they are now.

But just because I don't, I still have the right to come to this thread and explain my point of view. You say 'if you don't relate why debate', well it does relate to me, Berenstain/interview with the vampire etc are part of my memory too.
And this is in response to the OP too who, after I posted here once, said: 'what are you even doing on this thread?'.
Charming.

Hold on, hold on ....
I remember BerenstAin.

Are you saying it's not?

I am saying that Interview with the vampire has always been with a 'the' and not an 'a' in Spanish and Italian.
Because the interview is with 'the' vampire (Louis) and not just with any vampire ('a' vampire).
edit on 28-4-2016 by Agartha because: Spelling...

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   
He! As far as shifts go that is pretty lame. But ya it was "Luke I am your father" instead of "No I am your father" And it was a bit more dramatic then that.

Anyways, probably slipped into the more lame timelines because the last movie was so lackluster that it brought down the whole franchise. I mean it was so cookie cutter that it was practically baked on screen.

Or probably just more internet machinations, the human psyche and memory on mass of basically 99.9% of people walking this planet is playdough so easily molded that its a none issue to even bother with it. Yes you could convince people that something they have heard there whole life, or thought and did for practically there whole life is wrong simply just by hiring 3 guys to spreed that meme all over the net and other social medias. Its that easy really.

Why anybody would bother with it? Who knows, besides its the least smoke and mirror that has been pulled over the eyes of the denizens of this world. Its practically, just more stupid #. As such it fits perfectly in this place.

Humans have a sort of retarded hive mind, don't know how it happened, and we should not make fun of slow people, but there it is. Individuality? What is that? Most people not only would not know, but they don't even have the tools inbuilt in them to grasp it...That's were the media comes in. Giving everybody that next best thing to it, play pretend.

This old experiment is still viable as is the video to answer a great many of this phenomenon. So to answer your question, was it Luke I am your father or this new line...The answer is...It does not matter. Must have slipped into a different dimension of people are arguing this, one even more lame, pathetic, and sad then the last one. This truly is the home of all paint pots.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   

And yeah, it was always "Luke I am your father." We said that line too many times, like Arnold's "I'll be back."
Or has that changed too?

Arnold as in Arnold Schwarzenegger? No - it was always I'll be BLACK.
He went black face in an Austrian TV show one time and it became his catchphrase.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Also....

In my old reality it was always "Luke..... I am your father"..... and no it wasn't a miss quote for me, because I had a worst enemy with that name, and every time I watched that part it made me cringe to hear the name and I wished it was a different name....

Not it wasn't. You have no evidence of your "old reality". You are just making a mistake in your memory. It's a very common thing, you aren't alone.

And as I have already said, forgetting something or remembering something different to others is NOT evidence of a different reality. How can you claim that? We all have memories that are different about similar events - that isn't a sign of altered realities.

And nope. It was never LIAYF. You are wrong.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Wow, good video! Lol.... I guess we are the ones who would keep looking at the doors. Neat.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join