It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Luke, I am your father CHANGED, to NO, I am your father......

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: SprocketUK

Or no timeline changed, no movie changed, and a bunch of people are just wrong. Which seems more plausible? Occam's razor.

Of course.

But sometimes you just have to go with the flow and see where you end up.

It's something I've idly wondered about ever since I was a kid and read the man in the high castle.

I won't dismiss it out of hand, but I shan't be preparing my bug out bag either.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

" Confabulation is distinguished from lying as there is no intent to deceive " ......What ?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Citizen40179
a reply to: kibric

This word , Confabulation , I have genuinely never heard of it until today.

Apparently , there's a word to describe the people who "shifted" to this "universe".

Isn't that .... odd ?

Like ..... the description of Confabulation pretty much hits it on the head , but calls them crazy at the same time ?

No its a psychiatric disorder that people can suffer from. All humans have faulty memories because they are not set. Memories can be altered as we all new knowledge to them. For example when you were young you might not have known certain facts that later in life you learned. But your memory will incorporate this knowledge into the memory just as if you knew it back then.

Human memory changes constantly are brains interpret everything with out current level of knowledge. I had to laugh many Europeans believed their was 52 states in the US. They were clueless as to why they thought that but swore that's what they were taught in school. But truth is this is the media effects g their memory. The news has referee to many countries as thr 51st state including Britain. This means they are so aligned with US policies as to be indistinguishable from a state. Even remember Iraq being referee to as the 51st state and talk of making it one.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

It was a Movie , 51st state.

Everybody knows how many states there are in America, and Britain was referred to as the 51st state but nobody was ever "taught" that.

Maybe you don't remember much , a lot of people out there probably don't remember much of their past as they're too busy in the future , TV and telecommunications are taking effect along with the consumption of questionable meats and unknown amounts of toxins , many people struggle to remember last year ....

My memory is fine and most of the explanations for these things were posted online in 2014 and around that year . Which is suspicious to me.

One thing that stands out for me is Febreze .

I have always known it to be Febreeze , used it daily , even have a mental image of the bottle since I picked it up so many times , but apparently it has always been Febreze . I google searched ' Febreeze ' and obviously everything online says "Febreze" , so I looked through images and people have got Videos , Images , even memes with "Febreeze" in the title and/or written upon it , however the bottle and logo is febreze.

Go try that , that one simple google image search and scroll down.

Some of the images are of people blindfolded and "Where do you think you are" written on the screen . Fitting.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Her braces are gone!!!!

Also, the adult diapers, "depends" are now called "depend".....

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Citizen40179

This word , Confabulation , I have genuinely never heard of it until today.

Apparently , there's a word to describe the people who "shifted" to this "universe".

Isn't that .... odd ?

Like ..... the description of Confabulation pretty much hits it on the head , but calls them crazy at the same time ?

wow.. Nice to know there is a word for us. Wow.... Obviously we are growing in numbers if they had to come up with a name for us! Lol

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
In the description.. They even say she has braces.

Dolly

Played by: Blanche Ravalec

Description: In perhaps the strangest love affair in the series, Jaws meets Dolly in Rio after his failed attempt on Bond and Goodhead's lives. The complete opposite of Jaws, Dolly is a short blond girl with pigtails, glasses and braces. It is her influence that leads Jaws to the side of good and she also hears the one line Jaws says in his two movies, "Well, here's to us."

[link to universalexports.net]

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Hi everybody.

I have been studying this topic (Mandela Effect) for a few years, and have been involved in numerous online conversations about it. For me it all started with 'The Berenstein Bears'.

I'm sorry I don't have links at the moment (glitchy internet issues)...but...if you have a chance, google Mandela Effect videos, trust me...there are a lot.
I found a few that showed lists of the 'changes', totalling around 50 and growing.

What's really interesting is the graphs of internet search terms over the years. (also in a couple of videos)
The search for things like "Berenstein Bears" and some of the others was a very low number for years...when suddenly the searches spiked to a ridiculous high!
That has to mean...something.

Anyways, just wanted to put that out there. I've been following along.
Will try to put the right links up later.
jacy

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: hidingthistime

They didn't come up with that name for you. The word is Latin in origin and came to use in the 1600's.

Do you people even read the scientific papers on memory that get posted or just ignore them to bury your head in the sand?
edit on 26-4-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Thanks jacy... Here is a small list
China has shrunk.
~ BC changed to BCE.
~ David Soul's death.
~ Florida has shrunk.
~ Gene Wilder's death.
~ Cuba is larger today.
~ Drano without the 'i'.
~ Nutella being Nutrella.
~ Kate Perry is now Katy.
~ Henry Houdini vs Harry.
~ Febreeze is now Febreze.
~ Ceylon became Sri Lanka.
~ Oscar Meyer is now Mayer.
~ Mark Hamil is now Hamill.
~ Steven Segal is now Seagal.
~ Dr. Seuss is now Dr. Suess.
~ Rod Sterling became Serling.
~ Staten Island sprouted a bridge overnight.
~ Hillary Swank is now Hilary.
~ N*SYNC is now spelled *NSYNC. Like I was saying on other posts, I remember N'SYNC. I was on a site that doesn't discuss conspiracies at all and we were talking about how old we feel because the music we grew up on in the 90s and early 00s are now considered oldies. Somebody name dropped N'SYNC.
~ Cuba and Japan changed shape.
~ Coco-Puffs is now Cocoa-Puffs.
~ Chic-fil-A is now Chick-fil-A.
~ Some remember "Revenge of the Jedi."
~ JC Penney originally being JC Penny.
~ Osborne book company became Usborne.
~ Red Hot Chilli Peppers is now Chili.
~ Pete Townsend is now Pete Townshend.
~ Inspector Gadget now has a moustache.
~ Disney's Cruella de Ville is now de Vil (devil).
~ Snuffaluffagus is now Mr. Snuffleupagus.
~ Stars are now seen upside down on flags.
~ Some claim the moon's orbit has changed.
~ Gordon's Fisherman" now reads "Gorton's."
~ Daylight Savings Time is now Saving Time.
~ Bahamas are closer to Florida than I remember.
~ Hitler's eye color changed from brown to blue.
~ I never remember Easter jumping way into April.
~ Bruce Springtein, a Jew is now Springsteen.
~ Jim and Tammy Faye Baker; it's Bakker today.
~ Alternate abilities of Professor X in X-men.
~ The kid in Flightplan movie changed genders.
~ Some recall Captain Kangaroo dying in the late 1980s.
~ Talladega (city) was in Florida. Now it's in Alabama.
~ Desi Arnez changed to Arnaz (Lucille Ball's husband).
~ Some remember the movie Beetlejuice in the mid 1980s.
~ Interview with A Vampire had a red "A" in my old reality.
~ "Interview with A Vampire" became "Interview with THE Vampire."
~ Some recall Karen Carpenter passing away in 1973, not 1983.
~ "Luke, I am your father" is now: "No, I am your father."
~ Weird Al Yankovic retired vs still doing music parodies.
~ Peter Fonda dying of Cancer in 2011. He's alive in 2015.
~ Laccadive Sea never existed. I've never even heard of it.
~ Time Rider of Lynn Swann is now Time Rider of Lyle Swann.
~ Dick Clark died at least two times. Now it's April, 2012.
~ People remember entering Disney World through the Castle.
~ Zachary Binx from Hocus Pocus is now named Thackery Binx.
~ Courtney Cox is now Courteney Cox - which looks so WRONG.
~ Some claim Jeff Buckley was alive until a few months ago.
~ Smokey the Bear is now Smokey Bear. I clearly remember 'the' being in there.
~ Most remember MLK being shot with a rifle. Some say a hand-gun.
~ Today we have universal blood.
~ Western Sizzler is now Sizzlin'.
~ Some old US flags have 52 stars.
~ Cuba is now longer than Florida.
~ Home Depot being THE Home Depot.
~ Columbine Massacre: 1996 or 1999? (1996 and NO bombs went off in the cafeteria) 1999 for me. I wrote about it in some of the old diaries I had when I was in high school.
~ I remember Lousiana spelled Lousianna.
~ Hi-Ho the Merry-O is now Hi-Ho the Dairy-O.
~ Mystery Science Theater2000 became MST3000.
~ Many remember vacuum being spelled vaccuum.
~ Andrew Zimmerman changed to Andrew Zimmern.
~ "Kathy Lee Gifford" is now: "Kathie Lee Gifford."
~ In Star Trek, "shields" are now called "screens."
~ We now live in a meshed Oil of Olay & Ulay world.
~ Sri Lanka is much closer to India on recent maps.
~ Characters missing from Independence Day (movie).
~ Star Trek character Chakotay killed then returns.
~ Obama said he visited all 57 states. Coincidence?
~ Madagascar grew, moved South and closer to Africa.
~ Uranus was pronounced 'ur-anas.' In this reality, it is 'urinis.'
~ I never remember seeing New Zealand being split into two islands.
~ Talladega (city) was in Florida. Now it's in Alabama.
~ Desi Arnez changed to Arnaz (Lucille Ball's husband).
~ Some remember the movie Beetlejuice in the mid 1980s.
~ Depends is slowly becoming Depend (diaper company).
~ The Volvo, Volkswagen and Lincoln logos have changed.
~ The "Superbowl" is now popularized as "The Big Game."
~ "Bear in mind" is currently transitioning to "bare in mind."
~ Today The Lord's Prayer reads: "IN earth as it is in Heaven."
~ Robert Stack dying earlier than reported in this time stream.
~ Earth grew a new ocean! The Southern Ocean is relatively new.
~ Louie Anderson died when in this reality, he's still with us. He never died for me. There are a couple of Family Feud hosts that have passed away. I remember Ray Combs committing suicide and Richard Dawson passed away a few years ago.
~ Shirley Temple's death decades before her Feb 10, 2014 death.
~ Flagstaff being the capitol of Arizona.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Let's handle these one at a time:

originally posted by: hidingthistime

Thanks jacy... Here is a small list

Here you are confused by flat maps. I have shown numerous times flat maps are almost always wrong because different producers of the maps do different things to make everything appear on a flat map. It's a logical fallacy to use it to support your argument.

~ China has shrunk.
~ Florida has shrunk.
~ Cuba is larger today.
~ BC changed to BCE.
~ Cuba and Japan changed shape.

Here you are confusing/combining Sizzlers and Western Sizzlin.

~ Western Sizzler is now Sizzlin'.

~ David Soul's death.
~ Gene Wilder's death.

These are things that were mispelled by people because that's how they heard it pronounced. This is the same reason people think Berenstain changed and is another logical fallacy.

All of these are just misprints that took off because people thought that's how it was supposed to be spelled. (Thinking a jew has to spell his name ein is kind of racist bro...)

~ Drano without the 'i'.
~ Febreeze is now Febreze.
~ Mark Hamil is now Hamill.
~ Dr. Seuss is now Dr. Suess.
~ Oscar Meyer is now Mayer.
~ Rod Sterling became Serling.
~ Hillary Swank is now Hilary.
~ Steven Segal is now Seagal.
~ JC Penney originally being JC Penny.
~ Bruce Springtein, a Jew is now Springsteen.
~ Snuffaluffagus is now Mr. Snuffleupagus.

Nutella is Nutella. Nutrela is Nutrela. They are different products...

~ Kate Perry is now Katy.

No words on this one. Did you happen to ever watch Drake and Josh? They had a friend named Henry Houdini. Guess when this "effect" popped up. Right around that show being on the air. Harry was always Harry. Some people thought his real name was Henry because Harry was an old nickname for Henry. However Harry was a stage name and his real name was Erik which he changed to Harry.

~ Henry Houdini vs Harry.

I am actually going to stop at this one because this list is just flat out retarded:

~ Staten Island sprouted a bridge overnight.

Staten Island has had a bridge for over 100 years...Most people who aren't from the NYC area think the only way to get there is by Ferry because of the Famous "Staten Island Ferry". That Ferry was once a big deal as it truly was the only way on and off the island...in the early 1800's..., but now is almost exclusively for tourists who want to float by Mrs Liberty.

It is absolutely ludicrous that people continue to buy into these whacky anecdotal claims of a Mandela effect just so they don't have to admit they were possibly wrong about something they remember. It's not a bad thing. It happens. That's how memory works. Memory has NOTHING to do with Intellect.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

You are really on a mission of denial eh? I am not confused about anything. But you clearly are, as you don't share this experience.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Staton island always had a FERRY, that you had to get to on time etc.a few movies they would show people running, all Romanticall etc...

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Yes, and it's also had a bridge for over 100 years...

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Not in our recent history, for those of us who came from the old world.... It thanks for bumping my threads so much.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

yes my theory is Mandela effect websites have been used too manipulate confabulation in a large populace

in order too slowly rewrite history

an experiment beginning in 2001 i think

but this theory does not discount actual alternate memories especially those who recorded and documented these memories before
the Mandela effect was popular pre 1990s

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Where do you live in "your world"? I am guessing nowhere near New York, so you will be like the thousands of people in "our world" who also didn't know there is a bridge.

And yes, some people rely on the ferry for transportation as they don't own cars or don't want to take a car into the city. That doesn't negate the fact that their is a bridge.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: hidingthistime

As an Italian from North Italy where Nutella was created I can assure you that Nutella was and still is Nutella, the best hazelnut chocolate spread.

Nutrella, on the other side, is an Indian vegetable protein.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I'm not sure when this theory started to heat up, I just know when it started happening for me.
It began with Berenstein Bears, and got strange when people I knew dug out old books...only to see them read as "Berenstain".

The latest mind-blow for me has been Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmerman (Zimmern). My hubby and I used to watch that show and Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations. My hubby was 'team Zimmerman' because he would eat a lot of crazy stuff.
One evening we were talking about the shows, and he jokingly cheered, "Zim mer man! Zim mer man!" 3 syllables, not 2.
To which I responded, "Bour dain! Bour dain!"
He said, "That doesn't work, lol"...so I chanted, "An tho ny! An tho ny! 3 syllables.

I have no proof, but we both have the memory.
jacy

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
It began with Berenstein Bears, and got strange when people I knew dug out old books...only to see them read as "Berenstain".

Jacy, that's because you grew up in an English speaking country where you would pronounce 'ain' as 'ein' (like pain).
People in non-English speaking countries grew up calling them Berenst-A-in, with an A. So to non English speakers the memory never got confused, because of phonetics.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join