It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Luke, I am your father CHANGED, to NO, I am your father......

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: hidingthistime

I used to say "luke I am your father" into the fan all the time

What is the "Sex and the City" misquote/verse jump?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

originally posted by: jacygirl
It began with Berenstein Bears, and got strange when people I knew dug out old books...only to see them read as "Berenstain".

Jacy, that's because you grew up in an English speaking country where you would pronounce 'ain' as 'ein' (like pain).
People in non-English speaking countries grew up calling them Berenst-A-in, with an A. So to non English speakers the memory never got confused, because of phonetics.

Agartha, actually I grew up in a bilingual country. I've never pronounded 'ain' as 'ein'.

I was a full time school volunteer (meaning daily for many years). I worked a lot in the library, filing books and reading them to classes. I also have 3 now grown kids who remember 'Berenstein'.
I'm all done arguing about these bears...it is what it is, whether we understand it or not.

Any input on the Andrew Zimmerman story I posted above? I'm not meaning to be snarky...actually emotional at the moment from another thread....the Zimmerman to Zimmern is not just spelling but syllables too.

jacy

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Ive always known it as Zimmern. Its just so close to the familiar Zimmerman, I don't think this one is a verse-jump

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I know for a fact that in Spanish and Italian they were always with an 'A', because people didn't speak English, only Spanish or Italian. Is your country bilingual with English? Because it's only the English speakers that seem to have this memory of BerenstEin.

No idea who Zimmerman is, never heard of him, sorry.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

I'm in Ontario Canada (near Toronto), so here we must take French for a few years in school.

I actually tend to think this phenomena is more of a 'mind' game/control (false memory) planted somehow, simply because the material evidence from years ago...shows Berenstain.

I have a bunch of pics and screen shots of Andrew Zimmerman, even lots of facebook fans who met him and had their pic taken with him...and they ALL write his name as Zimmerman.

Some of the ones on the list I don't agree with (the long list above)...but there are quite a few that have changed for me.
As I said, I'm not trying to argue with anyone...just explain why I have my perspective.

jacy

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

1st hand witness accounts and physical evidence is the place too start
Confabulation affects larger groups of people more than smaller groups

your 1st hand account of an event you were close too cannot be discounted
i.e the make up person who worked on dolly during the movie

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

edit on 27-4-2016 by kibric because: no reason

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
As I said, I'm not trying to argue with anyone...just explain why I have my perspective.

jacy

I'm also not trying to argue and like you I'm simply trying to explain why I find it difficult to believe some of you remember the bears with an E. Interview with 'a' vampire is the same, for those in non English country it has always been 'the' vampire and not 'a'.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Miller and Laborda’s paper is suggestive of a powerful theory: “It appears that memories are forever,” says Miller. It then ratifies those proven facts about learning. “We are providing alternate memories that compete with the deleterious memory”

www.psychologicalscience.org...

exposure therapy on a large groups of people
providing alternate memories too a large group
a theory that memory is being affected in a large group of people
is more plausible avenue before alternate universes

but we might find memories and alternate universes share a connection

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

That's interesting to know, Agartha!

I've actually tried using different country's search engines to see if it was only a North American phenomena.
I'm only an hour from the U.S. border...if they are sending out brain signals, lol...I'm likely to get zapped too.

A strange thing about my search for Andrew Zimmerman.
I searched his name, and saw it spelled 'Zimmerman' on the google page. I clicked on links, did some reading then shut down my laptop.
A little later I went back on, searched Andrew Zimmerman again, and all the links that showed 'Zimmerman' earlier had all changed to 'Zimmern'.

When I get on different search engines, I get totally different results than google provides. I am confused and somewhat irritated, lol.
jacy

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

You are being zapped from the US? lol
I have no idea who Zimmerman is, I can't say anything on that, sorry.

Interview with the vampire is 'Intervista col vampiro' in Italian, and 'Entrevista con el vampiro' in Spanish (I speak both languages fluently).

The bears are 'Gli orsi Berenstain' in Italian and 'Los osos Berenstain' in Spanish.

I have never found any 'Mandela effect' in both Italian and Spanish about the two above, but I did on one Mexican/American site, but then again they also grew up speaking English.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Well I don't know about anyone else, but I find that rather interesting.

I do have friends here that are all over the world so I may ask a few of them to see what they say.

Ive had book store owners, teachers and librarians literally freak out when I told them to google the Berenstein Bears.
The first time I saw the 'a' spelling, my reaction was immediate.
Like coming here to see that I'm jacygurl.

Books, reading, reading to kids...teaching kids to read...big part of my life.
I really do think it's some sort of societal 'test' rather than a different timeline, but I'm trying to be logical and rational.

Can you imagine waking up one morning and seeing that everything absolutely EVERYTHING to do with Frankenstein...is now spelled Frankenstain? Would you notice that one...is the spelling the same as here?

jacy

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This is a long thread. Have we gotten into the "Merrie Melodies" v. "Merry Melodies" yet?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Hail to the truth. I'm simply amazed that people are alleging that the "No..." quote is genuine. I grew up in the eighties, and in the school playground we all knew that it was "Luke..I am your father..."

QUIT MESSING WITH REALITY..!!

Seriously - it started with the BerenstEin Bears, and now it continues.. What the hell is going on? (Or should that be "What IN hell is going on..??")

Simply freaked out.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MajBadger
This is a long thread. Have we gotten into the "Merrie Melodies" v. "Merry Melodies" yet?

Long thread? Lol, this is nothing!!

I'm going to be honest, I'm not sure which one I remember, but "Merry Melodies" looks more correct.

"Sex and the City" has always been 'and the City' not 'in the City' because that's what she wrote about...sex...and the city of New York. That is how I've always known it.

I don't agree with all of the examples, but I would say most of them.
What are your thoughts?
jacy

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes

originally posted by: hidingthistime
a reply to: Joneselius

Watch the video, before replying please.... ANY hardcore star wars fan who has watched it 5000 times, KNOWS these sites and Memes that suddenly popped up saying was never so, are WRONG, and they are NEW.... it has always been LUKE, it is NOT a misquote, it has been changed!

Ask some real life people, hardcore fans who KNOW, not someone who watched it once or twice in the 80's, but someone who watched it again even last year!

When did all of these new meme's and websites pop up saying it is being quoted wrong??? It is only wrong in this new reality, but MOST people know it the other way, and YES, it changed for us, it was never "NO, I am your father".....
I can't do another Australia thread, I really can't.

I believe it was actually New Zealand.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Sight is not reliable evidence. Hearing is not reliable evidence. Touch is not reliable evidence.

Can anything at all be considered reliable as evidence of a truth one way or the other?

No. Because it all takes place in abstract holographia-spacetime in your brain. Just like the keys I'm tapping now, the wife sitting next to me - it's all happening in my brain, and has no objective basis in reality that can be verified absolutely, and we have no instruments that can be assured as providing evidence, because it all depends on the brain's interpretation, and thus is real-but-not-real.

Reasonable doubt, or reasonable certainty, are the ONLY things that exist, for any of us. We have reasonable certainty that our senses and rationalisations provide evidence of a given reality.

Perhaps memory manipulation can be achieved with hypnotic suggestion? Are millions of viewers being selected at random to receive hypnotic commands during particular screen events? In a terrifying Reality, that could be the sum total of the situation. Perhaps we live in such a terrifying Reality.

I have reasonable certainty, because of dozens of mandela effect memories which I have concurred with, that the timeline is shifting in strange ways - or perhaps that should be, reality is being shaped & manipulated by forces as yet unseen, yet vastly powerful. They manipulate & rewrite known facts, and override the better judgment of the masses, perhaps with the intent of eventually convincing the world of a lie so diabolical, that only training in believing against the evidence of the memories of millions, can prepare us for the weight of its ramifications.

That's my conclusion. That super-beings are screwing with us.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

Yes, I distinctly recall it was North-East of Australia in my encyclopedia.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
a reply to: Phage

Perhaps memory manipulation can be achieved with hypnotic suggestion? Are millions of viewers being selected at random to receive hypnotic commands during particular screen events? In a terrifying Reality, that could be the sum total of the situation. Perhaps we live in such a terrifying Reality.

I have reasonable certainty, because of dozens of mandela effect memories which I have concurred with, that the timeline is shifting in strange ways - or perhaps that should be, reality is being shaped & manipulated by forces as yet unseen, yet vastly powerful. They manipulate & rewrite known facts, and override the better judgment of the masses, perhaps with the intent of eventually convincing the world of a lie so diabolical, that only training in believing against the evidence of the memories of millions, can prepare us for the weight of its ramifications.

That's my conclusion. That super-beings are screwing with us.

Wow, awesome response!

I absolutely agree with you. I have felt for a long time now that the internet was going to rewrite history. Just a random thought I had years ago while tumbling down the rabbit hole.

Our reality could be so completely horrific...and we aren't even (barely) aware of it.
Guinea pigs. Alien ant farm. We know nothing.
jacy

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

super beings ......
as an experiment a new thread could be started with a made up memory of an event
plant a false memory
we could see if large groups of people can be suggested to miss remember
depending on how many people read this new thread

now if some one could post 1 million new false memory threads all over the net and advise on what content is displayed through all your media devices , they could measure how those implanted false memories of events
effect history passed down in the 2nd and 3rd person

This has bound too have already happened at some point in time

" There is nothing new under the sun "

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join