It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police captain outed in Ashley Madison hack takes own life

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: recapitulated
a reply to: NewzNose

If they played, they pay....there is a price for indiscretions.

If you play, you pay.

He chose to take his life willingly, no one took it.

What about the damage to his family after the data dump and his suicide in response to it? He played and chose to pay his way.

Sad for the family who has to deal with his selfish actions.

He certainly had life insurance and it was left to his survivors.
He paid for his funeral at least, and maybe groceries for the next year.

Everytime i read comments like yours, i thank the stars that my parents brought me up to have empathy and to care for other people. If the alternative is to think like how you and others have posted...no thanks.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I wonder if the hackers have perfect morals by which they live, so much so that they think it's ok to publicly expose the indiscretions of others?

I'm not condoning infidelity, I just think people should mind their own business and get on with their own not so perfect lives.

R.I.P. to the man who ended his life, and sincere condolences to his family, friends, neighbours and colleagues, all of whom have done nothing wrong but are the ones left to pick up the pieces of their now shattered lives.

Constructive suicide, that's what I would call it.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Read that many of those accounts are several years old, some are fake that were created by bought email list. Also read that one of the "search sites" collects emails entered and spams them.

So, if above is true, what about the people that are being condemned for something they didn't do? What if they signed up years ago to search for their SO? Or what if they signed up years ago while single to "shop on-line" for a quickie? What if their email was used by a vengeful co-worker?

Just some food for thought.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
As someone who has been cheated on.....my heart bleeds.....

And you don't even know how f-ed up that is.
You know nothing about this man or his circumstances, and you know nothing about the relationships he was involved in or whether he had an understanding with his partner, or even if he ever actually intended to have any affair, or even if he was actually a member there to begin with!

The idea that someone could be so callous, about the death of someone abused by strangers, is sickening to me.

The moral judgments being made about these people, rather then the hackers who abuse them and continue to do so, is gross. This is so f-ed up I don't even know where to start.

I'll bet that most of those cheering this which hunt on are Americans too, the same hypocrites who scream about their rights to privacy from their snooping government, while then claiming it's entirely acceptable to out and abuse people (to the point of death) for a simple choice they made that is NONE OF ANYONES BUSINESS.

This mentality here makes me want to vomit.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: recapitulated
a reply to: NewzNose

If they played, they pay....there is a price for indiscretions.

If you play, you pay.

He chose to take his life willingly, no one took it.

What about the damage to his family after the data dump and his suicide in response to it? He played and chose to pay his way.

Sad for the family who has to deal with his selfish actions.

He certainly had life insurance and it was left to his survivors.
He paid for his funeral at least, and maybe groceries for the next year.

Everytime i read comments like yours, i thank the stars that my parents brought me up to have empathy and to care for other people. If the alternative is to think like how you and others have posted...no thanks.

Most of these people probably call themselves "Christian" too.

I really am shocked that people here, on ATS, think it's fine for people to expose the private lives of others, and then that those same people imagine they have a "right" to that information, and to then use that to abuse those people.

I'll bet too that a lot of these people are American, and carefully choose how and when people have a right to their private lives and the right to make their own choices.

The moralistic preaching on here is disgusting, the amount of sickening judgment of individuals to the point of justifying their deaths is purely evil.

I wonder how many of these people would be screaming if they had all their information, accounts, memberships and so on leaked all over the Internet by people who deem their decisions and private lives to be "immoral"?

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Am I missing something here, isn't Ashely Madison an online dating site, that people might never actually physically cheat their partners.

Or doea virtual sex count as cheating??? If so then, someone might have just taken thier own life over this?

Rest In Peace

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Well if you are going to cheat on your spouse and have affairs go online and essentially brag about it to others there are obviously going to be repercussions when found out. Think the Man may have gone a little overboard regarding him taking his own life all the same.

R.I.P
edit on 25-8-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
Seems ATS does not have one cheater going by the replies . Perhaps a moral compass statistic anomaly .

Oh but you can bet they all have accounts on adult sites, on tube sites, on adult forums elsewhere, and they would all be screaming about it if it was their information being leaked all over the Internet.

The thing that makes me so angry about this is that plenty of these people will scream about their liberties and freedoms, and then gladly ignore the liberties and freedoms of people they personally think deserve to be "punished" for whatever imagined "crime" they committed.

These same people would be enraged by anyone snooping on them, even if it were just someone leaking their real names, their email address and employment, but they like to pick and choose who else has the same rights as them based on whether they think they are "immoral" in their choices.

The simple word for it is hypocrisy, it's disgusting, it's loathsome, and when it involves people being hounded to such a degree that they take their own lives, cheering it on is simply evil.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Note to self:

Don't use my personal/work email
for ChristianTingle dotcom.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

For me it wasn't her cheating so much as her complete unwillingness to do any of the work required to maintain the marriage going forward after. "Don't ask me to choose," she said. "Ok, I won't. We're done."

I still wish her well. She is the mother of my children, after all. But whatever she chooses to do going forward, she must do apart from us.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012
Am I missing something here, isn't Ashely Madison an online dating site, that people might never actually physically cheat their partners.

Or doea virtual sex count as cheating??? If so then, someone might have just taken thier own life over this?

Rest In Peace

The reality is that any of these accounts could have been faked.
They could have been created without the person outed even knowing about it, or the information added by the hackers to abuse and target individuals who might never have even visited the site.

But, regardless of whether anyone actually did cheat on their partner through this site, it's NO ONE ELSE'S BUSINESS what decisions they make or how they live their lives.

The people responding to this story and claiming these people "deserve" it, are the same kinds of people who burnt crosses on lawns, burned books, criminalized alcohol, imprisoned LGBT people... they're moralistic fascists who would love nothing more than to demand their rights while abusing the rights of others they deem to be immoral.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Odd how that works, isn't it?

We know nothing other than his email is on that site. Did he join? Or did someone do it for him?

Much that isn't known. Or ever will be, now...

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Odd how that works, isn't it?

We know nothing other than his email is on that site. Did he join? Or did someone do it for him?

Much that isn't known. Or ever will be, now...

But it's none of anyone's business even if he slept with a thousand other women through that site, that's what people are not getting.

The preachers of morality cheering this on are truly disgusting people with truly f-ed up beliefs.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   

I totally agree with you.

No ones business but their own.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

I totally agree with you.

No ones business but their own.

That's actually my point also, some people need to calm down, just complicating things more than they should.

So some got cheated or not, so what? It's not like the end of the world or is it?

Peace
edit on 25-8-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

We don't know why the people on the site use the site , the same applies here , for some people divorce is not an option or perhaps they are in very long term relationships and are looking for a bit of adventure we don't know.

As for him killing himself , well he was a long serving police captain , a man of standing in the community , perhaps the loss of face and the trouble he'd caused his family was too much to take so he took what he thought the only option available ... again we don't know but these people are dead because of something we will forget in days but the families will live with forever.

Hack and expose wrong doers and governments sure , but exposing normal law abiding citizens because you don't like their moral choices is wrong.

Let he who is without sin ......

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Dont get me wrong it's a tragic event, but then again IMHO so is Ashley Madison web site itself. As to when its appropriate to hack and expose wrong doers, governments aside, if it can be hacked then chances are it will be hacked. Thats just the the world we live in today morality having gone the same direction as anonymity.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Dont get me wrong it's a tragic event, but then again IMHO so is Ashley Madison web site itself. As to when its appropriate to hack and expose wrong doers, governments aside, if it can be hacked then chances are it will be hacked. Thats just the the world we live in today morality having gone the same direction as anonymity.

The only thing deserving condemnation here are the actions of those hackers.
No one else deserves any condemnation, they all have the right as free individuals to make any choices they like as free individuals. None of it is the business of anyone else.

Morality is a personal thing, but the abuse of other free people is utterly immoral, as is the glorying in that abuse.

I hope they track down these "hackers" and make an example of them, they deserve to be imprisoned for a very long time.

Hopefully, in the process, someone will give them a taste of their own medicine and leak all of their personal and private information all over the Internet for complete strangers to revel in.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

If the hackers should be imprisoned...then the folks with AM should too. Their "security" amounted to a piece of tolet paper taped up with the words, "DO NOT ENTER" written across it.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I'm not condemning anyone, guys dead and its a tragic set of circumstances that lead up to the event. Just offering up my opinion. As to mortality, well that's really a whole other kettle of fish considering its rather flexible depending on one's perspective. Shades of Grey and al that jazz. That being said cheaters seldom prosper. Hence the reason I personally don't hold with the site in question.
edit on 25-8-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join