It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police captain outed in Ashley Madison hack takes own life

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

I've been cheated on, I've been cheated on so bad that she actually uprooted with the guy and ran off with him and our three children and his four children.

It was bad.. when the news first hit, I would be driving to work, and I would have to pull over, i would punch the steering wheel again and again and cry out and break down, I had lost my partner and my relationship with my children forever changed, and changed without a single vote or opinion from me.

The night I had found out, I was working on the road my phone had died, so I went to a pay phone and begged and begged I knew what she had done,I knew there was someone else and yet I still begged her back. alone, cold, on some payphone in the middle of no where, and do you know what she said to me? She saiid,"I don't like it when you beg". That was her form of consolation.her grand epiphany her last # you.

Anyway, I wanted to die for sometime, I truly did, picking up from this disaster is still a on going process, and one I don't know how to deal with. One that has nearly driven me over the edge, but I say all that to say this; I still love her and if she killed her self it would be even harder.

I don't know if the grass is truly greener, you would have to ask her; I do know death is a game ender and no chance of redemption or forgiveness afterwards;does it hurt To be cheated on, yes it does! Does a cheater deserve to die, no they don't, even though they take a part of you by cheating they do not deserve to die.

I have cheated when I was young and I have been cheated on, but suicide and despair are things I don't wish on my worst enemy, they are ever present and relentless, and once peace is found the devastation to those left behind is tragic. You are right, people make mistakes man they do, people hurt people badly.

No one should be battling the hurt of suicide and hopeless dispare cheater or not.
edit on 25-8-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Some people will kill themselves because they got caught and can't face the guild.

Others will kill themselves because they've found out that their partner has been unfaithful for years.

How would it feel to have children with that partner and have always suspected they weren't yours' then find confirmation on the cheating...

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

If the hackers should be imprisoned...then the folks with AM should too. Their "security" amounted to a piece of tolet paper taped up with the words, "DO NOT ENTER" written across it.

That's bs.
Basically you're claiming that someone therefore deserves to be burgled if their locks are no adequate.

The crime here is not having lax security, it's criminal theft of information.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

If the hackers should be imprisoned...then the folks with AM should too. Their "security" amounted to a piece of tolet paper taped up with the words, "DO NOT ENTER" written across it.

That's bs.
Basically you're claiming that someone therefore deserves to be burgled if their locks are no adequate.

It depends...the crime could be having lax security. If nothing else, civil suits would have standing.

And if the payment info/cc info wasn't PCI compliant, that is a whole 'nuther set of issues.

We cannot on one hand demand accountability from our corporate overlords, then on the other hand give them a free pass when they have every obligation to protect our data and fail to even try.

Im not saying companies that get hacked are culpable in every case. But when the secure files aren't even encrypted? Its unconscionable.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

That's bs.

But it isn't exactly a home we are talking about getting burgled here.
Wouldn't it be criminally negligent if the last person leaving the bank building for the day were to leave the vault and the front doors hanging open?

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

This Ashley Madison crap is nothing more than a distraction. The socially engineered masses are lining up to thump their bibles and make judgments on others.

It's a Grade A distraction for the Morality Police to feel good about themselves (when they prob. are doing the same thing) instead of paying attention to the real corruption within our government. This hack was most likely done by someone in the government (NSA, etc) to distract people from the real problems.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I'd say it's a distraction as well as deception, a basic farce that these people are now going to commit suicide over ruined marriages, compromised careers, etc., over what?

"Ashley Madison was a bunch of dudes talking to each other, data analysis suggests"

The Ashley Madison hack has revealed a lot of interesting things about the men who used the extramarital affair-finding site, like which cities, states, and universities they're from.

But what about the women? Turns out, there may not have been very many women. As in, almost none.

Source

Any women we're likely employees of the company luring in customers.

Instead of holding any whistle blower/hackers responsible beyond the hacking into blame for suicides (if the intent was that to expose these affairs and not cash) hold the company with it's intentional deception responsible.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Cheating is emotional and physical abuse to the spouse. Emotional and physical abuse is Domestic Violence. Domestic Violence is everyone's business. Yes, the hack was necessary.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: aero56

Cheating is emotional and physical abuse to the spouse. Emotional and physical abuse is Domestic Violence. Domestic Violence is everyone's business. Yes, the hack was necessary.

So "hacktivism" has been distilled down to, essentially, voyeurism? The once grand notion of hackers being our "last best chance" has died. Hacktivism has gone the same way as the "MSM" it replaced: voyeurism.

And folks are ok with this.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Hey,

I agree with what you said there. I must say this, I have cheated on my wife. I love my wife very deeply, but I still cheated. I could go into the reasons I came up with but they would all be justifications. In the end it was simply a need that I wanted to fill. My wife wasnt around for MANY months on end and lo and behold, I did what I vowed to never do. Its weird too because I have been cheated on. Plenty. LOL

In the end I didnt hate the women that grew apart from me and cheated. Now, I have learned to understand them after I cheated. I realized with them that some people just cant be happy with what you have to give. Others dont know how to be happy.

SO there are at least 2 situations for a cheater in my eyes.

1, you are deeply in love with your partner or at least dont dislike them but cant have them the way you want or need so you ignore the mental aspect of the need and satisfy the physical. These type of cheaters are the most painful to deal with and be. There is a lingering agony usually and things get drawn out for what ever reason.

2, you are deeply thirsting for something your partner cant give you or you wont ALLOW them to give, so you look for it with others. Its these type of cheaters that brew hatred. They also feel it pretty hard themselves out of frustration and anxiety.

there are more, but really its just those two in more convoluted ways.

No one should die for that. No one should have that vented out in the open. If my wife found out that I cheated I know she would forgive me like I would her, BUT trust between us would suffer. Maybe forever. If someone forced that on us, well, they would be the same as evil incarnate in my eyes. My wife would not be too happy with them either to say the least.

How what I do or what my wife does is anyone's business is beyond me. Yet some people feel the need to vent the secrets of others. Some even think they are effecting justice by vetting it all.

If only they were so critical of themselves and scrupulous with their own self discipline and morality.

I still dont know the usefulness of these leaks. What exactly was learned that can be USED IN COURT to effect some REAL justice? Anything? Is the very nature of the leak something that reduces its admissibility into court? Who were they after again?

P.S
I am sorry to hear about your situation. From what I have seen on ATS its HER loss. You are awesome. As far as the kids, I will tell you something I told a friend in your situation: Kids grow up, and adults look for their roots. They will at some point from now until you die, be looking for you from time to time. All you need is ONCE to get them into your life forever. They will befriend countless strangers in life. You may think yourself to be a stranger to them at some level, but you are a little better off then everyone else they dont know now that they will ultimately love, care for and befriend.

Hang in there guy. Life is long and changes more than it stays the same.

Have a good one
Hold it down.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Hey brother, I just wanted to say thank you for your kind words. Have a great day

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
No one needs to do anything. If you're in the database and you really did it, just deny it. Mashley Addison purposefully did not verify email addresses, (in just such a chance that their data did get out there in the open somehow), so there would be no smoking gun tying anyone definitively to the site.

And I'm sure there are tons of people who's email addresses are in the database who never signed up for or ever used the site at all.

So either way, deny and there will never ever be any total proof that you used the site.

Starbuck.
edit on 27-8-2015 by Starbuck799 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-8-2015 by Starbuck799 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Starbuck799

unless one looks at debit and credit and EFT records for certain individuals and finds funds paid to AM.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Wow, speaking of updates-looking valid?;
It turns out this officers name was not even on the list. Even though it was falsely and not checked when placed on the Cop Block site list.

Source

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: recapitulated
a reply to: Starbuck799

unless one looks at debit and credit and EFT records for certain individuals and finds funds paid to AM.

None of that information is stored in the database so none of that information was taken. So there is still no absoulte proof of culpability.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join