It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police captain outed in Ashley Madison hack takes own life

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
“Choices made, whether bad or good, follow you forever and affect everyone in their path one way or another.”
― J.E.B. Spredemann, An Unforgivable Secret.

www.goodreads.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

You are assuming he cheated...

You are also assuming he killed himself over this info dump. In reality they don't know why he killed himself. Maybe we should get all the info before finding the rope and a tall tree eh?

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: strongfp

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: kamatty
a reply to: crazyewok

Would your heart bleed for your ex with your silly little violin if after confronting your he or she killed themselves?

She could get hit my a train tomorow and i honesty would not give a #....she was dead to me a long time ago. I cut her off emotionally.

She was a sociopath anyway and certainly would not care at being confronted.

You are comparing your personal bad experience with someone who you describe as a sociopath to someone you have no idea what the situation was.
This guy killed himself, obviously he regretted some sort of action involving this website, he may have never even used it.

Your posts sort of make me think that you are the sociopath here. And aren't over what she did to you, otherwise you would have never even brought it up. People who move on emotionally wouldn't even think of that situation anymore.

Blah blah blah blah

I really dont give a # what you think.

The guy in question is a coward who CHOSE to kill himself. No one forced him to cheat and no one forced him to kill himself. He got HIMSELF into that position.

Not what I think, it's truth.

Fact: you don't know the whole story, neither do I.
Fact: We don't know if he cheated, yet.

Fact: He did kill himself, but was it because he was caught? We don't know.

You went off on a tangent about your ex, and used it as a crowed pleaser to justify his suicide, it's rather sickening.

Be sick as much as you want.....here have a bag to throw up in......

I take no shame and make no apogees for my stance on cheaters or my view on my ex.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

How do you know he did?

When all it takes is an e-mail address and a credit card number? Kinda hard to be one hundred percent certain, isn't it?

What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty? True, the vast majority of these are legit, but there are going to be many that aren't.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I think it's a sad but not unexpected development in a quite disturbing story , these people think they have the right to make moral judgments on people and how they live their lives

If getting caught was going to cause them so much grief they would contemplate suicide then perhaps they shouldn't of done it in the first place.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum
a reply to: gortex

I wonder if legally a death related to the info dump can move to the hackers being criminally prosecuted.
In some cases hacking is a felony and a death caused by it would lead to prosecution.

I'm not exactly sure what statute this would fall under but I'm sure any good lawyers do.

How is a hacker responsible for someones suicide? They didn't create Ashley Madison. They didn't force the guy to sign up and cheat, nor did they force him to kill himself. If the hacker is guilty of anything, so is the website that promoted unhealthy relationships and preyed on emotioanlly and mentally unstable people in the first place.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
My ex, a confirmed cheater, signed me up for several dating sites shortly after she moved out. None of which did I a) sign up for myself or b) ever use.

Sad that he chose that way out, whatever his reasons were. Sad that some on ATS are gleefully rubbing their hands together over it, as well.
edit on 24-8-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Typo

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

WHAT???? These people brought this on themselves. One, don't cheat to begin with. Two, if you do cheat, be willing to accept the consequences. Three, suicide is never the answer, don't do it.

Jaden

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
While I will never defend or condone infidelity, I for one do have sympathy for those in such scenarios. They are still human beings after all, at least in my mind. Nor will I callously dismiss their deaths, be it by their own hand or otherwise. But that's just me. Do/feel what you will.

Peace.
edit on 8/24/2015 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Sad that some on ATS are gleefully rubbing their hands together over it, as well.

I can't imagine the horror this would cause someone. My big little brother informs me that people we both know are on there. I have not looked and will not.

I sowed a lot of wild oats before I was married. After, none. Each cat his own rat. But it would be wrong for me. Not that I don't like looking at the competition.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

One, don't cheat to begin with.

Seriously ?
Men and women have cheated on one and other since we were in caves painting animals on the wall , this website is just cheating in the 21st century.
I am amazed at the amount of moral superiority here , I'm sure those on high horses have never cheated or thought about it.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I'm sorry who's the one that is acting like a pouty child here? Ummm, yeah...up is down, inside is out... cheaters are the victims...get over it.

Yeah, moron cheated, couldn't keep it in his pants, got outed, and couldn't handle it, so he offed himself. Good riddance. If a police chief couldn't be honest and faithful to his wife, I definitely don't want to trust that he'll be honest and faithful to the office we have entrusted to him, so good riddance.

Jaden
edit on 24-8-2015 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

And therein lies the issue, it is quite a different thing admiring the view, than it is to actively seek out another partner behind your beloved's back.
Ashley Madison was a social disaster waiting to happen.
I do however feel that gloating about the death of someone is far from good form.
Sad for both family and friends concerned.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Keep telling yourself that...Whatever makes you feel better about being dishonest. It comes down to keeping your word and being honorable.

There ARE people who do so.

It's not about never cheating or moral superiority. It's about not being dishonest and feeling victimized when you get caught.

You're not a victim when you get caught doing something you don't want found out. You should have thought about the potential consequences and been willing to accept them.

Jaden

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

The thing is, it's nobody's business except for those that sign up to such sites and their partners of course. I make no judgment on them, as it really is none of my business.

I have no intentions of looking at the data dump, simply because I am not interested who is cheating on whom. However, I appreciate some people have experienced infidelity and that has probably damaged them in some way and they feel they have a right to condemn or feel no sympathy for those that have been exposed. That is their prerogative.

At the end of the day though someone has taken their own life and that is sad.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

People have also murdered and stolen since then, you going to go rob a bank and kill a few people too??? Don't make asinine arguments.

Jaden

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

...and who is to say, that's not exactly what happened here? I certainly can't, and won't.

It's happened to you. It happened to a very good friend of mine. Her ex, prior to becoming an ex, signed her up to a number of "dating" sites before leaving...

Why, you ask?

So he could use it against her in court, to get their two kids. To call it nasty would be an understatement. She went broke fighting this...and lost. Infidelity. When she'd never stepped out on him during the entire relationship.

So, folks, may I suggest a bit less in the way of total righteousness? Not all of these people are going to be guilty of infidelity, or even contemplating it.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

I'm sorry who's the one that is acting like a pouty child here? Ummm, yeah...up is down, inside is out... cheaters are the victims...get over it.

Yeah, moron cheated, couldn't keep it in his pants, got outed, and couldn't handle it, so he offed himself. Good riddance. If a police chief couldn't be honest and faithful to his wife, I definitely don't want to trust that he'll be honest and faithful to the office we have entrusted to him, so good riddance.

Jaden

If that is truly the extent of your insight into this whole incident, then I pity you.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
I'm surprised that anybody who offed themselves cause of this, lasted as long to begin with.

Sorry, I don't have much sympathy for people who take the suicide route instead of just dealing with their problems.

~Tenth

Agree 1000% nobody forces anyone to take their own life. That individuals own weakness causes that, no sympathy and shouldn't have cheated on their spouses. Negativity begets negativity and vice versa.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Who on earth said that that is the extent of my insight into this???

Jaden

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join