It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police captain outed in Ashley Madison hack takes own life

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Thank you , a voice of reason.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: kamatty
a reply to: crazyewok

Would your heart bleed for your ex with your silly little violin if after confronting your he or she killed themselves?

She could get hit my a train tomorow and i honesty would not give a #....she was dead to me a long time ago. I cut her off emotionally.

She was a sociopath anyway and certainly would not care at being confronted.

I am with you on that one.
I had the same type of partner.
Just curious, did she like to wear things that made her stand out in a crowd?

Yes she did as a matter of fact

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

No immature children cheat and then take their lives when called out on it. Nobody killed the bastard. He chose to take his guilt out on his life. I'd say good, but he probably had a family that loved him. Don't cheat and get outed unless you are man enough for the fallout. Personal responsibilities are a B#.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
I'm surprised that anybody who offed themselves cause of this, lasted as long to begin with.

Sorry, I don't have much sympathy for people who take the suicide route instead of just dealing with their problems.

~Tenth

Ever think that the guys wife cheated and he recognized her email address?

As for criminal action... I doubt it but you never know. Some states have laws that might allow a prosecution. I would think the redress is going to come from the civil side - contributory negligence.

Cheating on your other half is not against the law (in the US anyways).
Hacking into a website and divulging personal information however is.
edit on 24-8-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I'm still not going to get all sad about some guy who shot himself over an affair.

Regardless if he was the cheater or a 'cheetee'.

Either reason for killing yourself in that scenario is really stupid.

I don't really see who they would take to court over it either, short of catching the hackers.

Which they won't, if they haven't already. And besides, sort of hard for any politician to go to bat for Ashley Madison of all places.

~Tenth
edit on 8/24/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
cowards...

like i always say

bros before hoes, before mistresses, before wifes, before suicide.

cowards. took the easy way out, instead of facing the pain they've caused their partners and children.

in the end, its the families who are now suffering even more.

cowards.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Yes hacking is illegal and if aught they should get charged for hacking and get the appropriate penalties.

But i still dont have any sympathy for the scum bag cheaters who got caught.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Well a number of people who used the site have now received blackmail e-mails, who's to say it isn't from the hackers themselves?

As I said in my initial post, it isn't just cheaters who were registered on the site, but oh well, they must deserve everything that's coming their way.

edit on 24/8/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

If they played, they pay....there is a price for indiscretions.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
ATS Logic: "I was cheated on so it is ok to feel good when people kill themselves over being exposed"

I was cheated on in college..I wouldn't wish death upon her. We actually became friends again years later and ive gone out to eat with her and her husband and daughters. But go ahead ATS ...keep enjoying that death...yummy!

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
IF he was cheating and caught due to this. It still does not seem like something to kill yourself over. Sure is sucks but if he's cheating already he most likely does not feel that tied to his wife or partner.

I think he might have been afraid of this coming to light bring more investigation in to other actions that might have gotten him in to more trouble. Like unauthorized uses of fund or equipment, maybe few tickets being put in the round file.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Let's see...

Guy finds his e-mail on a web-site of ill-repute lets call it. Did he put it there himself? Many people know my e-mail address. How many people know yours?

Guy commits suicide. Coincidence? Final straw? Who knows? I'm sorry for him, that things seemed so bad, that suicide was the only viable option. Not a big fan of suicide as an option, but I'm not in his head, either...

Having been the victim of a hack, stolen identity... I have huge issues with cowards who want to rob me, yet haven't the decency to do it face to face. The "ashley madison" hackers are, quite simply, slimy voyeurs who are getting their jollies watching the ruckus they've caused. They aren't some sort of social crusaders out to expose the evil cheaters. They're voyeurs, the same sort who sneak around others back yards hoping to be titillated.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Cheating on your other half is not against the law (in the US anyways).
Hacking into a website and divulging personal information however is.

It could be a court-martial offense in today's military. Wondering if that will start popping up.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Would your heart bleed for your ex with your silly little violin if after confronting your he or she killed themselves?

She could get hit my a train tomorow and i honesty would not give a #....she was dead to me a long time ago. I cut her off emotionally.

You are comparing your personal bad experience with someone who you describe as a sociopath to someone you have no idea what the situation was.
This guy killed himself, obviously he regretted some sort of action involving this website, he may have never even used it.

Your posts sort of make me think that you are the sociopath here. And aren't over what she did to you, otherwise you would have never even brought it up. People who move on emotionally wouldn't even think of that situation anymore.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Suicide.
Truly rotten people rarely take this route. Too bad.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I thought the same thing, there have to be at least a few military on there. But since it a website and you can deny being the one the signed up the email for it. To bad you'd also have to have a valid reason for ignoring the emails the site would most likely send you, making it know that you or someone else used your email to make an account.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
It's very hard to feel sympathy for anyone who gave personal info to a site like that.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I find this very troubling and predicted in another thread that the fallout would be catastrophic for families.

We may not like people who cheat on their partners, but it happens. What the hackers have done is reprehensible and without thought to the impact on people's lives.

We rail against governments and commercial organisations potentially misusing data they hold about us, but here we have hackers doing that. Why do some people think it's OK for hackers to do it?

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

You are comparing your personal bad experience with someone who you describe as a sociopath to someone you have no idea what the situation was.
This guy killed himself, obviously he regretted some sort of action involving this website, he may have never even used it.

Your posts sort of make me think that you are the sociopath here. And aren't over what she did to you, otherwise you would have never even brought it up. People who move on emotionally wouldn't even think of that situation anymore.

Blah blah blah blah

I really dont give a # what you think.

The guy in question is a coward who CHOSE to kill himself. No one forced him to cheat and no one forced him to kill himself. He got HIMSELF into that position.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Blah blah blah blah

I really dont give a # what you think.

The guy in question is a coward who CHOSE to kill himself. No one forced him to cheat and no one forced him to kill himself. He got HIMSELF into that position.

Not what I think, it's truth.

Fact: you don't know the whole story, neither do I.
Fact: We don't know if he cheated, yet.

Fact: He did kill himself, but was it because he was caught? We don't know.

You went off on a tangent about your ex, and used it as a crowed pleaser to justify his suicide, it's rather sickening.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join