It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shaun King: Race, Love, Hate and Me: A Distinctly American Story

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Same reason any politician, actor , or high profile business person, high profile cleregy member, or other social/civil activists. Aren't investigated when in college. That happens to all and any in the spot light.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Exactly. So, it's about THAT, not about the scholarship. Thank you.

Yes politics is definitely an issue, for instance your comment on why "right-wing" rag would put something like that out. Right-wing or not, doesn't alter the facts. Your welcome.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Judging from their website, the only black lives that matter are ones killed by cops.

Judging by your post you have no idea what you're talking about because if you scroll their homepage you'll find BlackTransLivesMatter
BlackWomenMatter
BlackQueerLivesMatter

And about 7 or 8 more.

LoL yeah all black huh?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Simmderdown

No body denied racism exists, not one single person has so far on this thread even

I explained what white guilt phenomna is displaying, im sorry you cant understand it in those simple terms

You dont fight racism with a partisan group called BLM , you fight it as a unified force where all lives matter

but hey, who am i to talk common sense

Claiming that "white guilt" is what motivates white people to support the struggle for racial equality doesn't make "white guilt" a real thing. It's a made up concept that no modern sociologists support that has lived on as a conservative meme and pejorative used to disparage and discredit whites who don't agree with the conservative stance that racism against black folks in this country isn't an actual issue.

"White guilt" is about as real as your concern for fighting against racism.

White guilt is what makes white peopl act irrationally when fighting racism

You know, like joining a blatantly racist organization like BLM , in order to bring "equality"

Or supporting people that support those organizations that are blatantly frauds

Or supporting thugs when they destroy whole neighborhoods and burn down businesses because "oppression"

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
All jokes aside the evidence against King looked fairly damning.
That said I do believe we have a right to not be tried by a jury of the media.
I hope this can be settled soon without further furor that does nothing but divide us.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

The only people who care about this crap are ignorant SJW's on both sides of the political spectrum.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Sorry, but BLM is PURELY about trial by media...they basically invented the latest version which is a mixture of trial by social media and MSM.

The days of logic and reasoning in combination with waiting for facts is OVER.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The dude is white. Damn, all it takes is eyes. And a trip through Woodford county Kentucky.

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with some of ya'll white folks?? Have the leftists demonized you to the point you are all crazy now or what? And of course white guilt is real! In fact, it's the engine that drives the crazy train.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Danke

This isn't about BLM, this about a person and that's where I draw the line.
I don't agree with BLM, their reasoning, their tactics and many of the actions.
But I don't believe in hatchet jobs by the media and after reading the sourced article and checking several of the links I have to wonder if that isn't what happened to this poor guy.

I try to be man enough to say I'm wrong if I am and in this case I may very well be.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

It doesn't matter what it is about. Unfortunately we have decided to allow the loudest and most ignorant opinions to have the greatest influence on outcomes. This new variation of trial by media along with SM emerged from BLM.

I agree with you 100% that it is sickening and shouldn't happen, but we are either in the minority with that opinion, just don't speak up loud enough to offset those other ignorant voices, or just don't care.

I know for me it's a mixture of those things, but is mainly due to me having things in my life that actually matter to focus my energy on.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
all he has to do is do the DNA test where he war offered 25,000 for BLM. that would put end to it plain and simple.
if he has nothing to hide seems to me he would do the DNA test.

Even if he as nothing to hide I can see why a DNA test might be contentious. A. Forcing someone to take a DNA to prove heritage in order to gain credibility is racist. B. If he does do a DNA test it may certainly open a can-of-worms for his family. Speaking from (deeply personal) experience rumors and family lore are one thing, presenting that information as hard scientific evidence is quite another. It makes it far more real and difficult to ignore for everyone in the family, not just him and/or his parents. It can be a great deal of strife.

Maybe he is hiding. Maybe you're right. I don't know, but I think that the reasons to not take a DNA test can be highly emotional, volatile to family harmony and difficult for someone who has not been through it to understand. If he took the test it would certainly settle the matter one way or another though. I would probably take it in his shoes, but I can see why he may resist it.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

It opens up a whole other can of worms on the other side too:

Never mind what my Birth Certificate says. My mom had an affair. I'm qualified for _______ or ________.

See how that works.

With this case and Dolezal we are slowly being shown that our documentation means nothing, so why bother with having any to begin with.

EDIT - All men have known throughout history - you know your mother and you claim your father. This case just shines a bright light on the old saying is all
edit on 21-8-2015 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

In King's case he isn't being tried and he doesn't have to prove anything.
Those who don't believe his story are the ones who need to provide definitive proof.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Odd that in one case a Birth Certificate is proof and in another it is not proof.

His response to the certificate is that his mom was a ho. It happens and not many people are going to argue against him.

If my name appeared on a Birth Certificate I would not be able to tell anyone "that woman was a ho" and simply drop the mic and be clear. No sir, I'd be giving DNA.

Simply put, a story to pull at the heart strings does not countermand an official document. Or does it?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus

Simply put, a story to pull at the heart strings does not countermand an official document. Or does it?

That depends, friend, on who is actually pulling those strings.

This isn't a 'new civil rights movement'. Something sinister is at work here.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

A. Forcing someone to take a DNA to prove heritage in order to gain credibility is racist.

no it's not if your not the race you claim, here you have documents that say your one thing yet you claim something else. this is a instance that someones word won't do. he is followed by how ever many, if it turns out he is not who he says he is many would abandon him, and not follow a liar.

as far as b and the rest of your post, if it wasn't for the fact that he maybe lying to the public, and people putting their trust in him i would be all for letting sleeping dogs. but that's not the case here.

no if it was me, i would do the test and rub the peoples nose in it, if indeed i was what i was claiming.
by not doing it just adds fuel to the fire and not many are going to believe him even the one who profess they do will always have that thought in there head.

edit on 21-8-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Having said what I have said in prior posts:

His mother is known to him to have weak moral value. His father on the Birth Certificate is one man (white) and his alleged father is another man (black), whom he has built this life around.

Perhaps he simply doesn't want to take a DNA test for fear that it may show that a third (unknown) man may in fact be the father. In that case I can understand why it is far better to hold onto the horrid life he now has rather than an even worse one full of unknowns.

Out of the pan and into the fire as they say.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Bread and circuses.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The birth certificate may be an amended re-issue because of adoption records that are sealed.

It happens like that more often than the average person thinks.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

A. Forcing someone to take a DNA to prove heritage in order to gain credibility is racist.

no it's not if your not the race you claim, here you have documents that say your one thing yet you claim something else.

I can see your point on that. On the other hand, a birth certificate as a document to determine race don't mean anything. My father is white (very white) and his name is on my birth certificate, but guess what...? I have a big ol' chunk of west Asian (and other ???? stuff) from bio dad (whoever he is). My African heritage comes from my mother and she literally had No. Idea. that was there. By the birth certificate, I'm completely white, but the DNA says different. That's just one scenario, and his is different. He knew everything it sounds like, so it seems like everything is fairly out in the open.

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie...this is a instance that someones word won't do. he is followed by how ever many, if it turns out he is not who he says he is many would abandon him, and not follow a liar

And in such a position where race is a determining factor of credibility, again, I can see your point; but it still feels... slimy and smacks of old prejudices (the "one drop" rule applied in reverse maybe). But if he is completely of European descent and knew that... Well that's pretty slimy too.

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie...no if it was me, i would do the test and rub the peoples nose in it, if indeed i was what i was claiming

I'm with you here. That's what I would do. If he isn't ready to blow the lid off of his family secrets, it's already been done for him so why not? But, like I said, with these family dramas sometimes the more you stir the pot the more it stinks and perhaps he is just mindful of that and the hurt it may cause others. I don't know. These situations are complex and I guess, if we take his word at face value, only he can determine where the priorities fall on family dynamics and his work. On that note, only he can know if he is telling the truth as well.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join