It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shaun King: Race, Love, Hate and Me: A Distinctly American Story

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Daily Kos

Shaun King is a bi-racial, black activist. He is a pastor, a civil rights activist, has fund raised for various issues, started his own crowd funding site, he's a writer and is one of the most prominent voices for the Black Lives Matter movement.

Thus he's become a huge target of rabid right-wing bloggers via attempting to turn King into another Rachel Dolezal. This past Wednesday the website breitbart.com, a site that claims to be a news site and is treated as such by many Conservatives, joined the attack (discussed in this ATS thread). By Wednesday night Shaun King was the top trending topic on twitter, worldwide.

The obvious strategy of course is to tear BLM apart. Conservatives are convinced (by all the same sources) that BLM is an anti-white movement, so by making one of their strongest voices a white man posing as a black man you remove a cornerstone and watch the structure crumble. The strategy failed though. Other prominent voices within BLM didn't believe it, even after CNN's Don Lemon stated that he had talked to a family member that stated both King's parents are white (wouldn't elaborate on how he talked to the 'family member'). Don Lemon was supposed host a panel (wtf) last night on the 'controversy' but I'm guessing his source evaporated into thin air and then this morning the only thing Don Lemon had to say about Shaun King was a tweet about the piece King wrote last night.

The reports about my race, about my past, and about the pain I’ve endured are all lies. My mother is a senior citizen. I refuse to speak in detail about the nature of my mother’s past, or her sexual partners, and I am gravely embarrassed to even be saying this now, but I have been told for most of my life that the white man on my birth certificate is not my biological father and that my actual biological father is a light-skinned black man. My mother and I have discussed her affair. She was a young woman in a bad relationship and I have no judgment. This has been my lived reality for nearly 30 of my 35 years on earth. I am not ashamed of it, or of who I am—never that—but I was advised by my pastor nearly 20 years ago that this was not a mess of my doing and it was not my responsibility to fix it. All of my siblings and I have different parents. I'm actually not even sure how many siblings I have. It is horrifying to me that my most personal information, for the most nefarious reasons, has been forced out into the open and that my private past and pain have been used as jokes and fodder to discredit me and the greater movement for justice in America. I resent that lies have been reported as truth and that the obviously racist intentions of these attacks have been consistently downplayed at my expense and that of my family.

I predict that the blog 'investigations' will die out in a couple of days if not already, their strategy failed but in order to keep their readers ignorant, they will have to stop making it major news and rely on their readers faithful ability to never seek out the other side of the story and soon enough anytime the topic of BLM comes up so will the dismissive snorts of "Shaun King is white".

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
This is a coordinated attack to tarnish his new anti-police brutality organization, Justice Together, which will launch August 28.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
all he has to do is do the DNA test where he war offered 25,000 for BLM. that would put end to it plain and simple.
if he has nothing to hide seems to me he would do the DNA test.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
If he was accused of lying in the first place, I do not see how he is a valid source for confirmation. Just because he asserts it is true again does not make it any more true than he first time he said it was true; and I do not see how affixing a sob story to a questionable one makes it any more true or false.

I personally give him the benefit of the doubt, but the documents say he is white. That is enough to begin asking questions, given that his college was payed for because he was apparently black (which I just heard this morning).
edit on 21-8-2015 by LesMisanthrope because: Grammar

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: HighFive

I think generally they just hate anything that is anit-racist.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Why should he bow to these assholes though? It's crystal clear what they are doing.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

When I first saw people hinting at him being white, I thought, "Maybe his mom had an affair with a black man", but I didn't comment on it here, because I think the idea of him lying about his race is insane and I know the haters are so closed-minded that they will believe anything that serves their hateful agenda.

What I find interesting is that if you favor "Men's rights", no one cries, "What about women's rights???? - EVERYONE'S rights matter"!!!

If you advocate for LGBT rights, no one cries, "What about straight people's rights??? Straight lives matter too"!!

If you support women's rights, no one cries, "What about men's rights??? Male lives matter"!!

But say something about the rights of black people to not be shot dead in the street simply because they're black and start a movement proclaiming that "black lives matter" and people go completely ape # and INSIST that it's a racist movement.

Yeah, we're post-racial. Look at how everyone loves our black president! :rolleyes:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

LOOK at him. Not just his skin but at his history.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

His history has nothing to do with his biology.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Why is it so important to have groups like BLM?
Should not ALM "All Lives Matter" be more to the point.
Why does one group think they are above the rest, and have a special designation for said group?
I personally think ALM is more to the point.

Matters not what your race/color/creed/religion is, we are all on this rock floating in space together...

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

it's not bowing it's putting a stop to the accusations.

if the test came back positive as being black.
it would

1. boast his creditability
2. show as you say, what these a@@holes are doing.
3. gain 25,000 dollars for the BLM movement .

by refusing to take the test it says,
1. he has something to hide
2. he is not creditabile and is a lair
3. he is a white man that is coning the black people that are defending him.

taking someones word about something over a test that can remove just about all of the doubt seems the better choice.
refusing to do it says me he is hiding something.

edit on 21-8-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Well said. It doesn't shock me, it just sickens me.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Sure it does and if you read up on him, maybe you'd see why.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DogMeat

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

It is bowing. It saying it is okay to go after someone's skin color as a means of discrediting. It is entertaining the notion that black people must still dance to white people's tunes. No.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Has anybody explained the birth certificate that was published?

Either the published certificate is fake, or the information on it is fake.

Either way, the publicity so far is enormous.

Pretty good PR tactics.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Sure it does and if you read up on him, maybe you'd see why.

The question is whether he is white or black, not how he grew up.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

No offense but you're full of crap on this one. People do argue all those things all the time. You must not be around many different forums, ect if you don't think all those examples happen often.

Heck I argue them, because I think we all need a united front to fix there problems and the powers that be are taking advantage of our division to keep us too week to fight back in any significant way.

But yeah, forget attacking discrimination and corruption with one strong united front, Special Interests Divide!!! Cause yeah, we're so much stronger that way.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Ok then he should disprove all the naysayers once and for all. No harm in providing proof if someone is trying to defame another person, right?

If someone questioned my background or biology, and I adamantly defended my own, I would be the first to disprove all those who attempted to undermine me. No need to draw it out, no need for fame or TV broadcasts. Just a simple solution to shut everyone up and move on to the next 24/7 news garbage cycle.

I don't give in to this notion that we need to divide who matters more than who. We all matter, we all are important because we all are feeble peasants compared to the old, massively rich bast@rds that started these fights to begin with.

So let's see what happens next.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Read the OP!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join