It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shaun King: Race, Love, Hate and Me: A Distinctly American Story

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

not to mention the fact the group are calling people that are on their side, like Bernie Sanders

Racists

Just because they are white, apparently you cant be white in washington and be on their side, hes the most benevolent of them all.

That should say more about who and what they actually stand for then anything

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Yeah, he's not going to "win over" supporters by proving his biological father is black. The people taking up with this ridiculous rumor are against him and his cause to begin with!

MY birth certificate contains a lie. I can't prove it. But I know it. And if I could prove it and someone challenged me to, I'd have 2 choice words for them.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
the women thing kinda happened relatively recently,

And I was there (I'm 58 next month). I am and was well aware of the women's movement. I never heard anyone say anything like, "What about men's rights"? Of course we didn't have forums then...

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: havok

Good luck living on your knees if you're ever famous for any reason.

I defend myself and stand up for myself.
I bow to no man.

Sorry if you think defending your true heritage is "bowing" to whoever. That notion is ridiculous. Everyone should fight for what they believe in or who they are.

Regardless of what is happening in this thread, and saying that he shouldn't have to prove anything. When you are in the spotlight, and millions of people are looking up to you, you need to answer the allegations just to end the nonsense.

It isn't that hard.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Simmderdown

How is it the new race traitor? because you said so?

Oh that's not how it works? Funny, because apparently "white guilt" is a real thing because conservative racism deniers (and you) say so? "Oh you think racism actually exists and negatively impacts minorities? Clearly you're suffering from 'white guilt!' (because I say so!)"

No its more because those who have a huge amount of white guilt totally abandon logic in favor of doing stupid stuff like joinging a black lives matter group that causes more racial tension than even the KKK is at this point.

What racial tension is it causing? Odd that nobody seems to be feeling this "racial tension" aside from white conservatives. Seems more like the tension is political in nature. Why this is nothing more than out of control conservative correctness!

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Simmderdown

not to mention the fact the group are calling people that are on their side, like Bernie Sanders

Racists

Just because they are white, apparently you cant be white in washington and be on their side, hes the most benevolent of them all.

Who called Bernie Sanders a racist?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Oh that's not how it works? Funny, because apparently "white guilt" is a real thing because conservative racism deniers (and you) say so? "Oh you think racism actually exists and negatively impacts minorities? Clearly you're suffering from 'white guilt!' (because I say so!)"

No body denied racism exists, not one single person has so far on this thread even

I explained what white guilt phenomna is displaying, im sorry you cant understand it in those simple terms

You dont fight racism with a partisan group called BLM , you fight it as a unified force where all lives matter

but hey, who am i to talk common sense

What racial tension is it causing? Odd that nobody seems to be feeling this "racial tension" aside from white conservatives.

HAHHHHAHHA (gasp) yeah its just the Conservatives

Ask Bernie Sanders or the other DEMOCRATS that got shoved off their stage by racist BLM members

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Wasn't calling him a racist as far as I know but did say white progressive liberals are part of the problem. Basically take a flying leap.

Black Lives Matter Seattle explained their actions in a news release: “The problem with Sanders, and with white Seattle progressives in general, is that they are utterly and totally useless (when not outright harmful) in terms of the fight for Black lives. While we are drowning in their liberal rhetoric, we have yet to see them support Black grassroots movements or take on any measure of risk and responsibility for ending the tyranny of white supremacy.”

www.politico.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: Simmderdown

Racists

Who called Bernie Sanders a racist?

Is it hard to read two pages of a thread? Another member already posted about that, what was said, etc You can split hairs all you want, but when youre alienating WHITE people trying to help you because they are white, THAT MAKES YOU A RACIST, and your cause as well

Try reading before coming in trying to bash me without actually doing your due diligence
edit on 21-8-2015 by Simmderdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Um, yeah, you're talking way back when it started. The whole equivalent to that has been done for blacks already. Remember Martin Luther King Jr?

I'm talking far more recently than the women's movement from way back when.

When this stuff comes up now, men's rights come up almost every time. In fact the dislike of the term feminism and how divisive many think it is, is a very hot topic now and then.

The black lives matter is not anything close to the old stuff. Mostly these things can't get real traction, because most know the big fights have already been won and the only way anything further can get done is if we stop talking the talk and start walking the walk. All these movements are about the same thing, equality, yet, instead of trying to join with other fighting for the same thing together, we all pretend like equality for ourselves is the most important thing.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

well i really don't have any way to answer that from experience. i have always just been a U.S. citizen that got along with everybody until you started acting like a sh@@bird, then i don't have much to do with ya.

i guess it's like on that Ancestry.com commercial. you know the one where the guy dress up wearing lederhosen and doing that funky drunken beer dance. then finds out he is scottish, and now wears a kilt.

edit on 21-8-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-8-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Judging from their website, the only black lives that matter are ones killed by cops.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

If I were him, I probably wouldn't do it on principle alone. Nobody is going to make me do anything I don't want to do based on their accusations unless they can get a court to compel me to submit.

What kind of precedent would he be setting? I'm not entirely sure about Ann Coulter's gender — if I put up a blog that questioned her gender and MSN picked up on it, would you expect her to submit to a gynecology exam? What if I also question Lindsay Graham's sexual orientation on my blog — can I demand that he provide a list of all the women he's slept with? Maybe that's not enough, maybe he should prove his heterosexuality by submitting to something like a penile plethysmograph?

I'm calling them out and if they don't do as I demand, they're both liars and every opinion they hold is instantly invalid.

That's how it works?
edit on 2015-8-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
The black lives matter is not anything close to the old stuff.

It is today's civil rights movement. I don't understand how you can say it's not close to the old stuff! It's a continuation of the "old stuff". Putting laws on paper doesn't mean the fight has been won.

Women are still underpaid.
Black people are still shot in the street.
LGBT people are still shamed, abused and killed.

All these movements are about the same thing, equality, yet, instead of trying to join with other fighting for the same thing together, we all pretend like equality for ourselves is the most important thing.

When you are oppressed class, fighting for YOUR rights IS the most important thing.
edit on 8/21/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Then we're all morons. As transgender and a member of the LGBT community, I think we're all idiots, because we have the power to make a difference, but are all too self absorbed to make the steps necessary to make that difference.

Just one example of many,

Everytime I see a black man bitch about whitey in one breath then spit on gays in the next, it reminds me of how retarded we all are.

If we really want equality we need to move beyond equality for ourselves and join with others in the same fight. If we want to be a community equal and joined together WE NEED TO STOP #ING SELF SEGREGATING OURSELVES!!!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Well the Graham issue is a dead end unless you have proof of your claim I would assume.

On Coulter if you has her Birth Certificate and it said she was born male and she came back with "It's a false document and I'm actually a woman by birth". Then maybe she would undergo testing to prove the point.

Or maybe she would just scream "sexist!" in order to pop smoke in the faces of her detractors.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Simmderdown

You said that "they" called Bernie Sanders a racist; I asked who. This by the way was the quote:

Black Lives Matter Seattle explained their actions in a news release: “The problem with Sanders, and with white Seattle progressives in general, is that they are utterly and totally useless (when not outright harmful) in terms of the fight for Black lives. While we are drowning in their liberal rhetoric, we have yet to see them support Black grassroots movements or take on any measure of risk and responsibility for ending the tyranny of white supremacy.”

That's not anyone calling Bernie Sanders a racist. I'm not splitting hairs, you're making things up.

Try reading before coming in trying to bash me without actually doing your due diligence

What are you talking about? You made up a fictitious statement and now you're acting offended because I (rightly) questioned it? Is it that hard to have a discussion without inserting a misinformation/disinformation? Try that.

edit on 2015-8-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

What are you talking about? You made up a fictitious statement and now you're acting offended because I (rightly) questioned it? Is it that hard to have a discussion without inserting a misinformation/disinformation? Try that.

its not fictitious , they are against him cause hes white, plain and simple

Talk about fictitious youre the king

The problem with Sanders, and with white Seattle progressives in general,

Says right there "WHITE" not "progressives" not "politicians" WHITE

Its racist and so is this organization, and its running on racist principles

Talk in circles all you want doesnt change the facts
edit on 21-8-2015 by Simmderdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I posted the quote from blm about Sanders. Opened it by saying they didn't call him racist but said this. Which is pretty head scratching. You're confusing/combining two different posts/posters

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

please, got verified documents or other any documents that says ann is a man, or that lindsay is gay, which i have wondered my self. plus people from his family and past that say he is white.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join