It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shaun King: Race, Love, Hate and Me: A Distinctly American Story

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
by refusing to take the test it says,
1. he has something to hide
2. he is not creditabile and is a lair
3. he is a white man that is coning the black people that are defending him.

OR
#4. I am a free, black, American citizen and I don't have to prove who I am to ANYONE. If people think I'm lying, that's not my problem. I have more important work to do.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: HighFive

I think generally they just hate anything that is anit-racist.

Thank you for blanketly calling all conservatives racist.

Makes you exactly the thing you claim to be fighting against

edit on 21-8-2015 by Simmderdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Well he must be one hell of a prophet since he's been living as black since he was a child.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Simmderdown

Context, learn about it. "They" refers to those attacking Shaun King.

By the way, accusing a white person of having white guilt... is the new "race traitor".

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I'm not sure how one "lives as a black", but he has either two white parents, or one white parent. The documents say he is white. He says he is black. How he lives has nothing to do with it.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

No offense but you're full of crap on this one.

No offense taken (even though I believe you DID mean to offend me. People don't say "You're full of crap" unless they mean to offend. I just don't take offense easily.)

You must not be around many different forums, ect if you don't think all those examples happen often.

You're right. ATS is the only forum I frequent aside from dog forums, and I don't get my information from internet forums anyway. Most are full of idiots, IMO. I don't doubt there are more than zero discussions about the topics I listed, but nothing NEARLY as prominent as the "ALM" movement.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: havok

Good luck living on your knees if you're ever famous for any reason.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Context, learn about it. "They" refers to those attacking Shaun King.

By the way, accusing a white person of having white guilt... is the new "race traitor".

How is it the new race traitor? because you said so?

No its more because those who have a huge amount of white guilt totally abandon logic in favor of doing stupid stuff like joinging a black lives matter group that causes more racial tension than even the KKK is at this point

Or doing things like Doleza

its not about being a race traitor, its about losing all common sense

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

when you have documents that say your one thing and you claim to be another, it is not bowing it's proving your right.
now he will always have the doubt cast on him because of this. sure there will be certain die hards that will blindly take his word, that will look very foolish when someone finds away to get his DNA and have it tested, or maybe even get a sample from the man on his birth certificate or his family and compare that to it and if turns out to be true. then what are you gonna do. still defend him

or are you okay with following a liar.

no seems like he's hiding something and hopes it doesn't come up any more and bite him on his ass. i can tell you now there are plenty of people Black and white that doubt him because he is deflecting and telling stories.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: havok

Ok then he should disprove all the naysayers once and for all. No harm in providing proof if someone is trying to defame another person, right?

Yeah, when Obama published his certificate and finally published his long form certificate, that cleared everything up for him, right? Everyone apologized for spreading crap about him and he was vindicated. Oh, wait...

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Shaun King is black, get over it. I'm white and support BLM, get over it. I don't hate my skin nor do I feel guilty about it. I don't reject my culture, I embrace it... but I also don't reject other cultures or feel threatened by them.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Can't say I heard of the guy before this started. Hit piece, maybe. True maybe. We know people are digging and if undeniable proof is presented it will be interesting. As far as BLM, there focus is police brutality of black people. If that brutality or shooting was justified in any case is always an open debate. But let's assume that's the focus. Fast forward to BLM stage rushing. Followed by this statement

Black Lives Matter Seattle explained their actions in a news release: “The problem with Sanders, and with white Seattle progressives in general, is that they are utterly and totally useless (when not outright harmful) in terms of the fight for Black lives. While we are drowning in their liberal rhetoric, we have yet to see them support Black grassroots movements or take on any measure of risk and responsibility for ending the tyranny of white supremacy.”

Ok is the movement about police injustices against blacks ,white tyranny? What? Also the way to get change going is get as many as people involved. If the group more likely to support this cause is the problem and harmful ( white progressive liberals) then. If you view people willing to help as a problem basically your left with us against them. At that point it's more like complaining not trying for change. So it seems the message changes (police brutality, white tyranny, what?). People who would help are the problem...ok, so the solution please?

Now how does this relate? If he is white, he would probably fall under the white progressive beliefs, but BLM Seattle has said those people are a problem. Lot is little oh really things going on.

www.politico.com...
edit on 21-8-2015 by Reallyfolks because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

a reply to: hounddoghowlie

It is bowing. it saying it is okay to go after someone's skin color as a means of discrediting. It is entertaining the notion that black people must still dance to white people's tunes. No.

Yes, and because I am white I'm racist and also supporting a unequal and racist system. This is the rhetoric after all. It's seems to me that even if he has an African American father he would still be "white" as DNA from the mother is majority of DNA passed down. It really is a matter of identifying as "black" and to me that raises questions, is there something intrinsic about being "black" and how does one know what that is? Wouldn't that have racial implications in of itself?
edit on 21-8-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

The people that doubt him, weren't ever going to like him or his message to begin with.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

sure you can go that route if you want to have doubt hanging over your head the rest of your life.
right now you can say all you want there is doubt and will always be doubt. your stroies of how hard you had it as a kid or how screwd up your family is doesn't mean squat.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Of course they dont want to admit he might not be what he says he is that would throw a shadow over the whole thing

I hope they realize they could following a real life version of this guy

Id be asking for proof too, but hey "they say stuff I agree with, I dont care about their ethics, or if they are telling the truth"

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

The people that doubt him, weren't ever going to like him or his message to begin with.

its not the ones that brought it up he should be concerned with, he should be concerned with the people who put their faith in him

He should be concerned with putting their minds at rest

Wow how can you think like that? Well , Unless , the ends justify the means eh?

Doesnt matter who orwhat or how, as long as you get what you want? is that it?

Follow anyone that spouts what the group likes to hear, regardless of who they Really are?
edit on 21-8-2015 by Simmderdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Well true, but that's cause the BLM movement is all over the place right now, they're the ones currently screaming the loudest, and it's the current fad, the women thing kinda happened relatively recently, people are mostly tired of arguing over that at the moment. It's just what's current.

And no I really didn't mean to offend you. I think you're awesome most of the time. I just disagree that this is anything other than what's currently the in thing.

I also disagree with the divided little groups that all have the same problem staying divided and in doing so competing for attention and shooting themselves in the foot. Especially as quite often due to competing for attention they turn on each other.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

it would prove that he indeed does have a black birth father, so he should be able to claim all the good and bad that comes with that.

right now for all we know, going by the documents is, he has two white parents, and is a white boy that's a wannabe.
and all the stories of rednecks kicking his ass, and giving him hell is because of that.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

My point is that even if he did have a black father, he would still be identifying as black. I want to know what it means to identify as black.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join