It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump’s immigration tab: $166 billion

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: ketsuko

You started by derailing my topic with your Obama ACA crap. Then you got butthurt because you got deleted.

Unlike you, I don't hang with a posse. I don't need backup. I have my own mind.

Now get out of my thread or just don't address me again.

Hit me mods. I don't #ing give a #. ATS has an issue. And I'm not playing.

This is ATS' thread, you have no right to tell another member they can't contribute just because they are pwning you at every turn.

You picked the wrong side of this debate based on idiology, not facts.

The facts have proven this.

All you have done is spout leftist propaganda, and get butt hurt it has been clearly debunked.

Plz don't be a whiner, it isn't fun to watch.
edit on 19-8-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist
Maybe I missed something.

Has Trump given any indication that he intends to carry out a forced deportation plan as described in the OP?

Just checked - he has not, and that means the article in the OP is not based in reality.
That never stopped anyone on ATS, though.

It was all just leftist propaganda, nothing more.

Now the op is whining because it is clearly debunked.....
Just sad really.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

a reply to: johnwick

Yup. The number 2 source of revenue for Mexico is money sent back by illegals working here. Many of them contribute very little to the American economy, and far too many are a net drain because they accept welfare monies.

Little known fact, there.

Agreed.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedal
a reply to: phishfriar47

In context my post is revelant. Want to build a wall, it helps to see the cause and effect relation other countries have experienced.

Any who...I'll leave you with these words, engrained on a statute sitting in a harbor; a place that received countless migrants.

"Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
with conquering limbs astride from land to land;
here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles.

From her beacon-hand glows world- welcome; her mild eyes command.

The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
“Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!” cries she.

With silent lips. “Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
the wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

~Emma Lazarus

That is America my friend.

This is not the America it used to be. We have millions of unemployed citizens, hungry and homeless citizens who should come before someone just waltzing over a border or over staying a visa. It isn't right or fair that illegals can pick and choose which laws to follow. It isn't right or fair that an illegal should shove aside all those who are coming through the proper channels and just jump to the head of the line. It is not fair that illegals should have all their needs met while we have so many citizens who have to choose between life saving medicines or food.

There is something very wrong when people place illegals on some sort of pedestal above our own citizens. Perhaps we should help our own Countrymen before helping others. To continually ignore our poor citizens is a slap in the face. To continually ignore all the deaths and rapes and theft of our citizens by illegals by just allowing anyone to waltz over the border without a background check is insane. We have laws for a very good reason.

To allow an illegal to be gainfully employed while we have millions of unemployed citizens and we have more and more homeless and hungry citizens and tent cities all across the USA, homeless shelters are filled to capacity, but let's just let millions upon millions of people keep coming here illegally?????

I cannot for the life of me comprehend how anyone can just place illegals above a citizen and ignore their suffering, but that's what a lot of you are doing. If you people are so thrilled about having millions of illegals coming for many years unchecked, invite them into your own homes and when you can no longer afford to feed and care for them but millions more are poring through your front door, let me know how that works out.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Jeb Bush opposes Donald Trump on birthright citizenship

Eeek. Even Jeb Bush agrees this is not a conservative plan. I'm not sure what all this means as we all know the Bush's weren't big on deportation of illegal immigrants.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

a reply to: ketsuko

You started by derailing my topic with your Obama ACA crap. Then you got butthurt because you got deleted.

Unlike you, I don't hang with a posse. I don't need backup. I have my own mind.

Now get out of my thread or just don't address me again.

Hit me mods. I don't #ing give a #. ATS has an issue. And I'm not playing.

This is ATS' thread, you have no right to tell another member they can't contribute just because they are pwning you at every turn.

You picked the wrong side of this debate based on idiology, not facts.

The facts have proven this.

All you have done is spout leftist propaganda, and get butt hurt it has been clearly debunked.

Plz don't be a whiner, it isn't fun to watch.

You don't seem to have a clue as to which side of this I'm on. That's pretty obvious. Try reading actual posts in the thread.

The subject of this thread, once again. Trump. Cost of his plan. Shove your ideology and you indefensible defense of someone who derailed this thread before you even came into it (when it was already gone).

What facts exactly? The ones that spell out the actual costs of the plan? The intangibles? The tangibles?

Oh...and by the way...the 1990s called an what their pwned back.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Off hand I'm unsure of the costs one has to incur to file paperwork. Most coming across the border probably don't have two nickels to rub together.

I understand your position; however, when people seek refuge or need to work regardless of consequences, they'll do it, we live in desperate times.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I have no agenda, but 100 billion is nothing if you compare it to the current administrations spending habits.

It's $166B and that's a conservative estimate. And that's nothing?

Better then a few trillion this idiot in the oval office has cost us, right?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC

originally posted by: avgguy

I have no agenda, but 100 billion is nothing if you compare it to the current administrations spending habits.

It's $166B and that's a conservative estimate. And that's nothing?

Better then a few trillion this idiot in the oval office has cost us, right?

Bush?

ETA: Oh dear, I fell for it again.

edit on 8/19/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Seems like it may cost a bit more than originally estimated. Close to a trillion over 20 years. Gee that trillion could probably keep SS afloat for us AND all the illegals for a good long while.But hey...this would provide lots more government jobs.

[Source]

edit on 8/19/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedal

Off hand I'm unsure of the costs one has to incur to file paperwork. Most coming across the border probably don't have two nickels to rub together.

I understand your position; however, when people seek refuge or need to work regardless of consequences, they'll do it, we live in desperate times.

I understand that. It saddens me to see anyone suffer in any way no matter where they are from. We too have people that are too poor to do anything about their situation. They can't afford to leave and especially can't afford to move to another Country.

There are people far poorer than those crossing the border and will never have the opportunity of changing their fate. Sad, yes, but The U.S cannot possibly take in the entire world's poor people and save them all. We cannot continue on this path of allowing illegals when it is affecting our own citizens negatively.

We cannot cater to their every need when we can't even take care of all of our own citizens. And it frustrates the hell out of me when I see so many people sympathize with illegals and yet have no compassion for our own citizens. To many, it doesn't seem to matter that we have poor and suffering people here. It does matter and I will always be a voice for them and stand up for them.

edit on 19-8-2015 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

If we enforced existing laws, fined or imprisoned employees who hire illegals, stop all the freebies and anchor babies, it wouldn't cost anything. Who would want to come here illegally after all that?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I don't disagree on enforcing the laws. The cost of enforcing them and to families already here and working and the intangilbes people don't generally think of is there though. As discussed previously.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Lenders? try 5 cents on the dollar. Fractional reserve lending -the money was never there in the first place!

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Belay the cost just deport them.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf
Belay the cost just deport them.

Belay them how?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Why are you still pretending that Trump's immigration plan includes a forced mass deportation?

Myself and other members have disproved that allegation thoroughly. It's in plain text in the link you yourself posted. The hypothetical $160 billion plan you keep taling about is not being proposed by anyone running for president.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Why are you still pretending that Trump's immigration plan includes a forced mass deportation?

Myself and other members have disproved that allegation thoroughly. It's in plain text in the link you yourself posted. The hypothetical $160 billion plan you keep taling about is not being proposed by anyone running for president.
'

Then explain to me what all the extra ICE personnel are for?

Then what about this?

Trump’s mass deportation plan symbolizes American greatness?

Trump said Wednesday in an interview with CNN's Dana Bash that as president he would deport all undocumented immigrants and then allow the "good ones" to reenter the country through an "expedited process" and live in the U.S. legally, though not as citizens.

"Legal status," Trump suggested. "We got to move 'em out, we're going to move 'em back in if they're really good people."[Source]

Donald Trump on immigration: Deport them all

Donald Trump Says He Would Deport Illegal Immigrants

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
THE MORE SOUTH AMERICAN LATINOS & or Mexicans flooding this country the better...

perhaps 'They' will stand up for Catholics, Christian faith, the Church...

because the white/black citizens won't,,, they *the fat-azz middle clazz" are chicken shoot verses the Muslims of ISIS who have an agenda to lop-off-Christian heads over here in the homeland !

" ...Donald Trump on immigration: Deport them all

Donald Trump Says He Would Deport Illegal Immigrants ..."

hey.... let me sign on with the Donald
edit on th31144010964720272015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Too long of thread to see if this has been brought up.

1. So since we have let this problem fester to the point being costly to fix, we should just give up hope of fixing it ever?

2. Won't there be other benefits from actually enforcing our immigration laws? I'm sure it will cost lots to do that but there will also be lots of savings to be realized as well.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join