It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Atheists: I will prove to you that there is a Creator to the universe. Come debate me.

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

So why can't the universe just be the exception?

If God doesn't have to have a creator, than neither does anything else.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

ok what came first the chicken or the egg?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

Exactly. Was God created via the creation?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

for me it has never really jived.
i just dont get it.

some supreme being created is all in his image in like a week.
people for the most part suck.
we hurt others. we ostracize others. we hate what is different and what we dont understand.

seems like a failed creation to me.

another big thing for me is how vast the universe is. billions and billions of galaxies with billions and billions of planets in them.
and this is it? gods big masterpiece is earth and humans(and other living beings on this planet)
if that is the case then epic fail god.

i just can not understand how people believe that we are it. earth is it.
the universe has been around for far too long and there is far too much of it.

it just seems silly to me to live your life according to some book. a book with many edits over the years.
a book that 99.999999999999% of all 'believers' sift through and pick and choose what to believe.
nobody follows it to the letter.
no joe blow down the street and not the pederast preach touching little boys and not mother superior embezzling funds from the coffers.
its a joke.
religion has done far more to divide than to bring together.
far more hate than love and it sucks.

i could maybe, maybe play ball if there was 1 religion. i could maybe get on board with it being it.
but thats not the case.
different religions with different sets of rules and they all super duper swear that theirs is the truth. they just know it.

its a friggin joke.

imo, way back down the line when our ancestors started to eat cooked meat and our brains started to be capable of more complex thought, they started trying to cope with death. mortality.
they tried to explain lightning and flash floods. they tried to come to terms with their cave lady dying in front of them and over time i think religion evolved.
as thought became more complex, so did religion.

in the end, i despise it. i have for as long as i can remember and i probably always will.

even if the big man parted the heavens to give us a glimpse behind the curtain i still wouldnt follow/live by the scripture.
in fact i would probably despise it even more.

like, thanks for all the terrible # mr all knowing all loving jerk.
you have all this power to do great things and show mad love and instead you hit us with tsunamis that take out hundreds of thousands of people.
thanks for katrina big man.
oh yeah, the plague was awesome. spanish flu was the bomb.

really digging all those infants born 3 month early and addicted to crack...thanks for letting them live an excruciating like for like 1 minute before they die.
wtf man?

then we hear the justifications of it.
free will. original sin....
blah blah blah

if he does exist then i think he must have created us and all we know just to # with us.

i say shove off god. im gonna live my short ass life how i want...

oh, stop sending your cronies to my door. i have a no soliciting sign at eye level.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I believe science has answered that question.

But, I'd have to look it up.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

The egg. What do you think it was?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=19669826]WakeUpBeer[/post

were you created?

Your mommy and daddy created you you had to have a creator, people create every day...

We were made in the image of the Creator hmmm wonder what that means???

You all are way to smart for me to converse with...
edit on 7-8-2015 by 5StarOracle because: ...

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 321Go

Who made the egg???

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

a reply to: [post=19669826]WakeUpBeer[/post

where you created?

Your mommy and daddy created you you had to have a creator, people create every day...

We were made in the image of the Creator hmmm wonder what that means???

You all are way to smart for me to converse with...

LOL bye now.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

a reply to: mOjOm

go to the beginning read his op you just proved their is a creator to this thread...

so are you saying you can not go far enough back to begin to accept the fact that things have to have a start?

Atleast all things bound by or governed by scientific law I assure I did not make up the definition...

the Chicken or the Egg???
You need a creator in the equation to quantify...
Disprove that...
That is also evidence of creation, someone something started it...
And they made the rules and are not bound by them...
And like it or believe it or not that is the truth of it...

The problem with what you're saying is that it isn't consistent with what constitutes evidence. I'm not saying "there is no Creator". But I certainly cannot say "there is a Creator" either. All you have so far is a theory based off of concepts of how you think things work. You have some logical or philosophical ideas of why things are supposed to be a certain way, but no actual evidence to support them.

You say that all things must have a beginning and that was the moment of Creation. But to do that you must imagine a Creator without a beginning also, but that directly opposes your previous statement. If you are going to imagine a Creator without a beginning or end, why not just start with the universe in the same way???

You talk about such and such laws and how they govern everything and yet excuse God from them all and imagine God outside what we know and can actually prove. Yet claim you can somehow prove God exists. That doesn't make sense. If God is outside our Universe and not bound by it's laws or rules or logic in any way then how is it possible to prove anything about God???

You just can't have it both ways. Now if God at least had some sort of identifiable features or set characteristics then it might be possible. But you excuse God of having any such things yet at the same time claim you can show evidence of God. It makes no sense. You are simply inserting that concept where any other answer doesn't apply. But that doesn't make it true.

The difference is that when there is a hole in what I know I don't just fill it with a magical God concept and accept that as true. I must leave it as a hole until I can fill it with what I know goes there or just leave it as a hole if I can't fill it. Throughout history people have filled their holes with God that later had to be replace with actual correct knowledge once we figured it out. Things like where do hurricanes come from. What is Lighting and Thunder. Where do babies come from. etc. There were all holes filled with God as the answer which we now know have other answers. The one thing we have never found to fill any of those holes so far is a Magical God Entity. So until we do, I'm not going to insert one.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Who made the egg???

It was made inside the creature that laid it. Not 'who', but 'what'.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
You want to PROVE there is a creator?

When every adherent of creationism says proof is not needed, only faith?

Seriously... every proponent of creationism denies proof and demands faith.

Good luck with that.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

All I'm trying to do is point out your faulty logic.

You can say everything must have a creator, except the creator all you want. It's a bad argument. If something as complex as God doesn't need a creator, there is no reason to assume everything else of far less complexity needs one. You're just adding an unnecessary variable.

link   
What happened to the originator of this thread and why has 5Star taken up the mantle?

link   

I thought you said the egg came first only a chicken can lay a chicken egg...

That's one of those laws again...

try again...

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I believe science has answered that question.

But, I'd have to look it up.

The egg two birds that weren't really chickens created a chicken egg. See we can trace a lot of species through the fossil record. Which means if God started this ball rolling fine but it's been doing great without him for billions of years. God has has always been used as an excuse for the unknown. Take some a burial tribe they will create a myth of creation. It's an age old question why are we here and how did it happen. Religion fills that gap for many people.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

There is no fault in my logic but there is in yours as well as the premise that you have done so...

I guess God must be so much more complex then you perceive because he didn't need a Creator...

but his creation his rules that's what makes him the supreme entity funny how all of creation creates as if to mimic its master...
edit on 7-8-2015 by 5StarOracle because: Add

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I thought you said the egg came first only a chicken can lay a chicken egg...

That's one of those laws again...

try again...

Murphy's law?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

You said earlier you're still underage.

No offense intended by this, but you are still learning. You still have school to finish up, before you move on to college (if that's your thing). Maybe along the way you'll pick up some things.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Egg - dinosaurs laid eggs before there were chickens.

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join