It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle sees fallout from $15 minimum wage, as other cities follow suit

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

You don't know jack about how others started their path in life. Not everyone was born with a last name like Rothchild. I'd bet nary a one of us were handed the keys to the castle when we turned 18.

Just being born isn't enough to deserve those keys, IMO. You need to earn them through BST.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight
Not everyone was born with a last name like Rothchild.

Everyone always hating on the Rothschild's.

They make good wine, notmyrealname even has some on his yacht.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Sorry to sour yo milk there...but, I guess the truth hurts sometimes. Oh well, enjoy your next endeavor. This thread is going the way it goes....there's no master plan by corporatocracy to direct this thread in any directions.

As it is, it seems that some of those that pushed so hard for the raise in minimum wage there in Seattle, are now back peddling to not price themselves out of a free ride.

edit on 7/22/2015 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: Vector99
Here's a thought, eliminate non-skilled jobs by not ever supporting them. That in turn should force the workforce to become better skilled right?

Here's a business that article referenced. A comic book store. Don't go there.

Here is a thought, with Moore's Law and all, determine how long it is going to take for a computer and a robot to take the "Do you want fries with that?" jobs. Then what/ it is all the evil Toyota Robotics fault that I did not try hard or recognize the fast coming trends that are BLARING on the internet everywhere; nope, I was too busy complaining about all the rich people to pay attention to taking care of my future.

Way to go hero.

So, in essence you support low paying unskilled labor professions, but then say the people that work at them should just do better? I don't get it.

So I get particularly agitated at the palm up crowd when they show themselves…sue me!

I wouldn't call someone willing to work 40 hours a week or more the "palm up crowd"

If there were no unskilled workers there would be no minimum wage. 7 billion people can't be millionaires though, so I ask you what is the solution then?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
...there's not master plan by corporatocracy to direct this thread in any directions.

Speak for yourself, I just got my General Electric Corporate Shill payment via EFT.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4

That is not here....or do you not know how to read a map or understand a globe? Wait, there's an app for that, you don't have to think about that anymore. But, who wrote that app? You? Who paid for that app to get written? Who paid for the facilities and SKILLS of the person that designed and wrote that app? I'm willing to bet that it's less likely to be the average burger flipper than a trained (either via school or self-taught) person. Who, deserves to be paid more than someone that has less training and does less work.
I am 50. I am not a kid who relies on a app. And I do not work flipping burgers neither. I am just a person who knows when the game is rigged and the shill's who defend the status quo. And I also know that I will no longer respond to this taken over by corporate thread.
Again I am done with your lies and that "Less work" Bull. That's exactly what you think the lower you pay some huh? They are lazy "less work" Glad i got your number fella!

It's really gonna warm my heart when I see how much money they have taken out of my check for the social security you'll be collecting soon.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
On a serious note, we have no idea of you are 5 or 50 nor do we know your situation. All we can see it a lot of negativity from a poster that sees no way out and takes no personal responsibility for their own personal situation. We do not know that situation so we cannot offer specific advice however the advice we can offer is that being bitter and resigned to the fact that the system is rigged and you are being held back by the system will not bring the results you seemingly desire. You must take steps to help yourself; foster a can do attitude and people will notice after time. Model what you do after the person that is best at it. Try it; it works.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

That is not here....or do you not know how to read a map or understand a globe? Wait, there's an app for that, you don't have to think about that anymore. But, who wrote that app? You? Who paid for that app to get written? Who paid for the facilities and SKILLS of the person that designed and wrote that app? I'm willing to bet that it's less likely to be the average burger flipper than a trained (either via school or self-taught) person. Who, deserves to be paid more than someone that has less training and does less work.
I am 50. I am not a kid who relies on a app. And I do not work flipping burgers neither. I am just a person who knows when the game is rigged and the shill's who defend the status quo. And I also know that I will no longer respond to this taken over by corporate thread.
Again I am done with your lies and that "Less work" Bull. That's exactly what you think the lower you pay some huh? They are lazy "less work" Glad i got your number fella!

It's really gonna warm my heart when I see how much money they have taken out of my check for the social security you'll be collecting soon.

Take that complaint to the government, they are the ones stealing social security from those that rightfully deserve it. They stole the money the people on it paid in, not the people collecting it.
edit on 22-7-2015 by Vector99 because: typo

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

...there's not master plan by corporatocracy to direct this thread in any directions.

Speak for yourself, I just got my General Electric Corporate Shill payment via EFT.

HEY!!! I deserve that $$. I didn't work for it, but I am a human so I deserve what you have.

link   

What, if we don't play the game your way, you just leave? Cya.

link   

What does a fast food worker do, to be worth $15 an hour? Is it complicated? Does it require a set of skills that are hard to learn or take a extended amount of time to learn? No? Do they perform a duty that is hard to find? No? Can pretty much anyone with a pulse walk in off the street and do their job with minimal training? Yes? Then it's not worth it.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

Don't waste your bits. You said a word that is obviously foreign to folks that are in that situation. You said, "try".

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Aw, you got the GE job, I got stuck with Vanguard and Morgan Stanley, less benefits but pay is okay to keep the $15 per hour and complaining crowd busy here instead of working on something self beneficial.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

You would be surprised how many people cannot do the job of a fast-food worker. I assume you've never been in charge of hiring people in that kind of job.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

If I am employer, I decide how much I can pay for a particular position. That is based upon many factors. If someone meets the criteria for the job, and is wiling to accept the pay rate I (the employer) has decided upon, then great. Otherwise, keep moving on to the next interview jack.

See thats the whole thing JACK, you crooks know the scale of the wages. Thats the whole problem. People deserve much more.

Why does a high school drop out who has decided to do nothing with their life DESERVE anything more?? People deserve what they have EARNED.

So why does a business owner " deserve" most of the profits the workers labor created?

The workers did all of the work.

100 percent of it.

Yet the owner keeps many times more of the profit.

Oh I get it, the owner had money up front, that means its all his work right, and the employee owes him....

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I'd love to play here more, but, unfortunately, I must leave to try to do my homework for the 2 advanced college courses I am taking at night (after working a 12 hr day) since I can see on the horizon a 4th time training my replacement in another country. SO, I've decided to do something about it and not just whine and moan.

Enjoy the thread folks....

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

What does a fast food worker do, to be worth $15 an hour? Is it complicated? Does it require a set of skills that are hard to learn or take a extended amount of time to learn? No? Do they perform a duty that is hard to find? No? Can pretty much anyone with a pulse walk in off the street and do their job with minimal training? Yes? Then it's not worth it.

Easy litmus test for this: If they can do your job training in pantomime and your not planning on something else, you're doomed.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Aw, you got the GE job, I got stuck with Vanguard and Morgan Stanley, less benefits but pay is okay to keep the $15 per hour and complaining crowd busy here instead of working on something self beneficial.

I'd tell you who I work for but that would make proobs head explode on another conspiracy

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

If I am employer, I decide how much I can pay for a particular position. That is based upon many factors. If someone meets the criteria for the job, and is wiling to accept the pay rate I (the employer) has decided upon, then great. Otherwise, keep moving on to the next interview jack.

See thats the whole thing JACK, you crooks know the scale of the wages. Thats the whole problem. People deserve much more.

Why does a high school drop out who has decided to do nothing with their life DESERVE anything more?? People deserve what they have EARNED.

So why does a business owner " deserve" most of the profits the workers labor created?

100 percent of it.

Oh I get it, the owner had money up front, that means its all his work right, and the employee owes him....

Try build and operate a business sometime and you may get some understanding that your perception is wrong.

edit on 22-7-2015 by notmyrealname because: oops crappy user

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

100 percent of it.

None of which answers the question as to why an utterly unskilled person who completes a task that nearly anybody on the planet is capable of doing DESERVES the same level of pay as somebody who performs a task requiring skill and education to do properly.

Oh, I get it. Reasons.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join