It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle sees fallout from $15 minimum wage, as other cities follow suit

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: In4ormant

originally posted by: proob4

originally posted by: Krakatoa
a reply to: proob4
If I am employer, I decide how much I can pay for a particular position. That is based upon many factors. If someone meets the criteria for the job, and is wiling to accept the pay rate I (the employer) has decided upon, then great. Otherwise, keep moving on to the next interview jack.

See thats the whole thing JACK, you crooks know the scale of the wages. Thats the whole problem. People deserve much more.

Why does a high school drop out who has decided to do nothing with their life DESERVE anything more?? People deserve what they have EARNED.

So why does a business owner " deserve" most of the profits the workers labor created?

The workers did all of the work.

100 percent of it.

Yet the owner keeps many times more of the profit.

Oh I get it, the owner had money up front, that means its all his work right, and the employee owes him....

I would go in to the economics of running a business and the failure rates that accompany it but, there are so many resources out there that could do it better. After reading them you would say "yes" as well.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: DAVID64

You would be surprised how many people cannot do the job of a fast-food worker. I assume you've never been in charge of hiring people in that kind of job.

My first job was working at McDonalds.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: johnwick

That is an overly simplistic model and does not take into account fixed charges, capital improvements, maintenance and other operating expenses.

Much like the business owner ignores, rent, food, car payment Insurance gas...... It costs money to stay alive just to get to work so one can work.

There is a bare minimum required for this.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
No way man! I don't mind the wine however, Nathan is a lunatic; that guy has some screws missing. I woulnt be surprised if he wasn't lurking here pretending to be destitute….

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname

You would be surprised how many people cannot do the job of a fast-food worker. I assume you've never been in charge of hiring people in that kind of job.

So then you should know first hand there are people that simply cannot do that job.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

That is an overly simplistic model and does not take into account fixed charges, capital improvements, maintenance and other operating expenses.

Much like the business owner ignores, rent, food, car payment Insurance gas...... It costs money to stay alive just to get to work so one can work.

Who exactly do you think pays for those things for the company and all the employees? Also how about the army of accountants to deal with all the business crap and the IRS crap and the municipality regulations/codes? Who shoulders the blame she something is not done right or suffers the losses when an employee makes a mistake? Do you think you get a fat check and relax when you are the boss?!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

So then you should know first hand there are people that simply cannot do that job.

Yeah, I was 14 years old with a fake ID to get the work. It did not take me long to find something else….

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Is there? Are you prepared to eat rice for every meal while you live in a 450sqft/1 room apartment while you pay for school to better that situation? Or work 2 jobs to support your dreams? Seems what some people consider just "living" would pass for wealthy in other areas of the world.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Ive seriously been waiting to see some real, hard numbers out of Seattle in relation to this..wish these were any good.

I believe it though. People forget just how many young single adults w/o kids are perfectly happy living under the poverty line for a while. Seriousy, if they have enough for a roof and food (usually with roomates) then honestly less work means more hours spent doing fun activities or hobbies.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

And your suggestion for those that can't even cut fast food work? Do we just thin the herd?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Here's a thought, eliminate non-skilled jobs by not ever supporting them. That in turn should force the workforce to become better skilled right?

Here's a business that article referenced. A comic book store. Don't go there.

Here is a thought, with Moore's Law and all, determine how long it is going to take for a computer and a robot to take the "Do you want fries with that?" jobs. Then what/ it is all the evil Toyota Robotics fault that I did not try hard or recognize the fast coming trends that are BLARING on the internet everywhere; nope, I was too busy complaining about all the rich people to pay attention to taking care of my future.

Way to go hero.

So, in essence you support low paying unskilled labor professions, but then say the people that work at them should just do better? I don't get it.

So I get particularly agitated at the palm up crowd when they show themselves…sue me!

I wouldn't call someone willing to work 40 hours a week or more the "palm up crowd"

If there were no unskilled workers there would be no minimum wage. 7 billion people can't be millionaires though, so I ask you what is the solution then?

Work them to an early death, while they suffer the entire time, and never get to rest or do anything but work and sit at home, because they can't afford to do anything.

At least that seems to be the business model at present.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Don't bother bud. I tried to explain this (not very good though), they don't understand it. Why would they anyway, they are setup and want to keep the status quo of slavery.
edit on 7/22/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Here's a thought, eliminate non-skilled jobs by not ever supporting them. That in turn should force the workforce to become better skilled right?

Here is a thought, with Moore's Law and all, determine how long it is going to take for a computer and a robot to take the "Do you want fries with that?" jobs. Then what/ it is all the evil Toyota Robotics fault that I did not try hard or recognize the fast coming trends that are BLARING on the internet everywhere; nope, I was too busy complaining about all the rich people to pay attention to taking care of my future.

Way to go hero.

So, in essence you support low paying unskilled labor professions, but then say the people that work at them should just do better? I don't get it.

So I get particularly agitated at the palm up crowd when they show themselves…sue me!

I wouldn't call someone willing to work 40 hours a week or more the "palm up crowd"

If there were no unskilled workers there would be no minimum wage. 7 billion people can't be millionaires though, so I ask you what is the solution then?

Work them to an early death, while they suffer the entire time, and never get to rest or do anything but work and sit at home, because they can't afford to do anything.

The guy that works 60hrs a week that's trying to get over the hump and succeed is the guy I want my tax money going to. Sign me up. Much rather that joker get it and see him win than the guy you just raised to 15$ an hour and says he wants less work.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

And your suggestion for those that can't even cut fast food work? Do we just thin the herd?

You seem to have a handle on arguing and blaming others for your lot in life, all the while wanting something from someone else; why not try politics? Seems like a perfect match for you.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Is there? Are you prepared to eat rice for every meal while you live in a 450sqft/1 room apartment while you pay for school to better that situation? Or work 2 jobs to support your dreams? Seems what some people consider just "living" would pass for wealthy in other areas of the world.
Hey john wick look at this drivel for a response? What utter and complete distraction of subject huh? Pure utter nonsense.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Hey john wick look at this drivel for a response? What utter and complete distraction of subject huh? Pure utter nonsense.

Again you fail to discern the difference between a Determined individual and an Entitled individual. Let me clear it up for you. A Determined person won't need the handout, the Entitled one doesn't deserve it.
edit on 22-7-2015 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Way to go hero.

The guy that works 60hrs a week that's trying to get over the hump and succeed is the guy I want my tax money going to. Sign me up. Much rather that joker get it and see him win than the guy you just raised to 15$ an hour and says he wants less work.
More utter nonsense. see he doesn't get it John wick, now he wants to slave you for 60 hours a week at minimum wage.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Again you fail to discern the difference between a Determined individual and an Entitled individual.
I think I done "determined" you want a 60 hour a week slave for minimum wage or less. YOUR THE PROBLEM! You feel Entitled and want slavery.
edit on 7/22/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Oh, please. I worked fast food in high school, it's not rocket surgery. Why do you think it's about 90% high school kids you see working there?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

We've discussed before this issue, why do you assume I'm personally struggling? You should know I'm not. I just have compassion for those without opportunities.

Politics lol, I would be good at that.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join