It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle sees fallout from $15 minimum wage, as other cities follow suit

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight
a reply to: johnwick

I get the why, just don't understand how treating others like dirt makes them perform their work optimally.

I fully agree, and I don't understand it myself.

It just is the reality, I just can't wrap my mind around it.

If I make $10 off of your work, we will say $2.50 goes to uncle Sam.

$1 in expenses, that leaves $6.50.

Why does the employee not deserve at least $2 of that?

I can't force myself to understand.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
a reply to: proob4

I respectfully disagree. SOME people deserve more, not everyone. Nobody owes you a dime if it is not earned IMO.

Jack...
Ok then why a ceiling on wages abroad for unskilled to medium skilled or even some highly skilled folks Jack?. I'll tell you why. SLAVERY! Lines owners pockets exponentially compared to the workers that make their business that's why!

And get used to that JACK, cause the paradyme is a changin' and your profit margin will be reduced.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: proob4

OMG great past owner. I bow down to you now.

No need to grovel, it is unseemly.

You must know of how much a person makes because of such experience huh?

Yes, when you have a combined staff of around 30-40 people, depending on the season, you need to be aware of what salaries are being demanded not only by new associates but current ones deserving an increase.

Gimme a break sounds like you failed twice and have a grudge!

Nope, sold them both for a profit.

"There shall be no prostration on ATS!"

-greencmp

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

That is an overly simplistic model and does not take into account fixed charges, capital improvements, maintenance and other operating expenses.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight
a reply to: notmyrealname

You're a smart one, arentcha?

I bet you are an employer who gets it.

Nah a real slave driver. I found out that you can cut a skilled senior engineers salary & benefits package by 40% by offering them free housing. I then rented a large portion of a storage center and made the loft storage units look nice. Of course the engineers had no other options but to take the accommodations because they had no other options….

Then I went to Monaco and bought a 122" Rivi to celebrate the savings.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname
Then I went to Monaco and bought a 122" Rivi to celebrate the savings.

Did you use your other employees as ballast? I would have.

link   

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: In4ormant

And that's peanuts' for wages. Thanks for pointing that out!

I think that is overcompensation for the low skilled labor they perform.

Sorry to hear you like fast food slavery.

Stop calling it slavery. They chose the life they lead. No one forced them to slack off in that publicly funded school, or drop out, or knock up that girl at 17, or get knocked up at 16. Quit being an apologist

So because they didn't make the perfect choices a couple of times in life they deserve to work 40 hours and still not make enough to even survive?

Nice to meet you Stalin, my name is John.

I'm saying the person who has decided to STOP trying and continue to live off handouts and asking for hours per the op DESERVES that yes. Stop taking my views out of context and name calling John

link   

I respectfully disagree. SOME people deserve more, not everyone. Nobody owes you a dime if it is not earned IMO.

Jack...
Ok then why a ceiling on wages abroad for unskilled to medium skilled or even some highly skilled folks Jack?. I'll tell you why. SLAVERY! Lines owners pockets exponentially compared to the workers that make their business that's why!

And get used to that JACK, cause the paradyme is a changin' and your profit margin will be reduced.

No we will close the business and move somewhere that promotes their children to study mathematics and science to open a new one.
You however will be doomed to whatever you have made for yourself.

link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

Applause!!

I laughed out loud @ "Jill"

link   

That is not here....or do you not know how to read a map or understand a globe? Wait, there's an app for that, you don't have to think about that anymore. But, who wrote that app? You? Who paid for that app to get written? Who paid for the facilities and SKILLS of the person that designed and wrote that app? I'm willing to bet that it's less likely to be the average burger flipper than a trained (either via school or self-taught) person. Who, deserves to be paid more than someone that has less training and does less work.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

If I am employer, I decide how much I can pay for a particular position. That is based upon many factors. If someone meets the criteria for the job, and is wiling to accept the pay rate I (the employer) has decided upon, then great. Otherwise, keep moving on to the next interview jack.

See thats the whole thing JACK, you crooks know the scale of the wages. Thats the whole problem. People deserve much more.

Why does a high school drop out who has decided to do nothing with their life DESERVE anything more?? People deserve what they have EARNED.
They are human beings, thats why! They at least need to be able to afford this world slavers set up. And people wonder why there is so much crime and drug addicts. Ya know not everyone had their life setup for them easy peasy like by your attitude.
edit on 7/22/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: RealTruthSeeker
hell you can't even go to burger king with out spending dam near $10 for a combo meal.

This is part of the problem. Stop eating there. That is an absurd amount of money to pay for a meal for one person on a budget.

Stop by the Cooking Forum where we all trade recipes that are cheaper and more healthful to prepare than any fast food meal.

I hardly eat there, I was just giving an example of how ridiculous the prices are here for things. I love to cook to, but I work alot of hours and really don't get time to do that except on the weekends.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Omg, too funny!

link   

You want me to open a burger joint? That requires significantly more skill than simply wrapping up food, doesn't it? Ergo, I should probably make more money if I'm responsible for selling burgers, preparing burgers, ordering burgers, marketing the burgers, etc.

Then again I'm not an entrepreneur, so I didn't take a stab at running my own place.

link   

originally posted by: Vector99
Here's a thought, eliminate non-skilled jobs by not ever supporting them. That in turn should force the workforce to become better skilled right?

Here's a business that article referenced. A comic book store. Don't go there.

Here is a thought, with Moore's Law and all, determine how long it is going to take for a computer and a robot to take the "Do you want fries with that?" jobs. Then what/ it is all the evil Toyota Robotics fault that I did not try hard or recognize the fast coming trends that are BLARING on the internet everywhere; nope, I was too busy complaining about all the rich people to pay attention to taking care of my future.

Way to go hero.

So, in essence you support low paying unskilled labor professions, but then say the people that work at them should just do better? I don't get it.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No I paid them cash in nickels and when they could not carry it all I loaded it on the ship… He He…

But only nickels as they will hold the intrinsic value more than other coins being 75% nickel and all...

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: RealTruthSeeker

I hardly eat there, I was just giving an example of how ridiculous the prices are here for things. I love to cook to, but I work alot of hours and really don't get time to do that except on the weekends.

Stop by the other forum, we can help you.

On the weeks that I am not traveling (when my meals are covered by the company) I can feed myself breakfast, lunch and dinner, Monday morning thru Friday afternoon for $25.

edit on 22-7-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

If I am employer, I decide how much I can pay for a particular position. That is based upon many factors. If someone meets the criteria for the job, and is wiling to accept the pay rate I (the employer) has decided upon, then great. Otherwise, keep moving on to the next interview jack.

See thats the whole thing JACK, you crooks know the scale of the wages. Thats the whole problem. People deserve much more.

Why does a high school drop out who has decided to do nothing with their life DESERVE anything more?? People deserve what they have EARNED.
They are human beings, thats why! They at least need to be able to afford this world slavers set up. And people wonder why there is so much crime and drug addicts. Ya know not everyone had their life setup for them easy peasy like by your attitude.

Then tell them to start trying. If it takes 2 jobs and night classes then so be it. Stop being comfortable on my dime and effort.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Here's a thought, eliminate non-skilled jobs by not ever supporting them. That in turn should force the workforce to become better skilled right?

Here's a business that article referenced. A comic book store. Don't go there.

Here is a thought, with Moore's Law and all, determine how long it is going to take for a computer and a robot to take the "Do you want fries with that?" jobs. Then what/ it is all the evil Toyota Robotics fault that I did not try hard or recognize the fast coming trends that are BLARING on the internet everywhere; nope, I was too busy complaining about all the rich people to pay attention to taking care of my future.

Way to go hero.

So, in essence you support low paying unskilled labor professions, but then say the people that work at them should just do better? I don't get it.

No I do not! I have built a few businesses and have done well. It was not easy and I did without for many years. What I did was learn everything I could and pay extreme attention to detail so that I stood out from others. I worked my way up. I studied in my off time so that I could advance myself because I was too poor to be able to go to college. So I get particularly agitated at the palm up crowd when they show themselves…sue me!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

That is not here....or do you not know how to read a map or understand a globe? Wait, there's an app for that, you don't have to think about that anymore. But, who wrote that app? You? Who paid for that app to get written? Who paid for the facilities and SKILLS of the person that designed and wrote that app? I'm willing to bet that it's less likely to be the average burger flipper than a trained (either via school or self-taught) person. Who, deserves to be paid more than someone that has less training and does less work.
I am 50. I am not a kid who relies on a app. And I do not work flipping burgers neither. I am just a person who knows when the game is rigged and the shill's who defend the status quo. And I also know that I will no longer respond to this taken over by corporate thread.
Again I am done with your lies and that "Less work" Bull. That's exactly what you think the lower you pay some huh? They are lazy "less work" Glad i got your number fella!
edit on 7/22/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join