It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat Earth Believers, I would like to hear your ideas.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MasterAtArms

Wow, you are really skillful at finding things that are not there. It's like talking with a SJW.
If you don't enjoy being here then you shouldn't - that's what I meant. For example, you don't go on forums that describe how to clean the floor or tell you why to plant tomatoes - because you don't enjoy nor entertain those ideas. Same here. Unless i'm wrong and you do enjoy proving others wrong or whatever the reason gives you kicks.

Anyway, I don't need to counter round earth because I'm not here to prove flat earth. I enjoy the topic and just want to know more. That's what I said from the start.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: 13ssA

But I do enjoy it! that's why I'm here

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

no - i understood the context perfectly - and nailed it

you cannot respond and devolve to insult in one post - priceless

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Don't give into to ideas and concepts that are true simply because its on a picture or video ( unless it's your own video and such hehe), trust your senses, what you are capable of observing for your self, and if you are the inquisitive one, like i am trying to do, put their pictures to the test.

Obviously everyone here is limited, we can't go to space so we have no true perspective on a personal level, for some odd reason im being ridiculed because i don't have faith in what i am told, and choose to trust my own body and mind? Don't play their games, some here see decent and honest folks who came to have an open minded conversation.

I honestly my self do not understand the hostility online, some kind of thought police mentality going on here, ridicule everybody for no good reason, religious, spiritual, UFO witnesses, anything, i mean ANYTHING, isn't that odd?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: harry47

I misinterpreted the info in his description and did not see that link. You are right, that does seem to fit the curvature formula.

The thing is, when you do a test over a distance to an object that is closer than your perspective horizon, there is absolutely no curvature.

The guy is looking at an oil platform and a boat 4.65 miles out, from sea level and from higher up at 18 ft.

www.metabunk.org...

curvature calculator

At 18 ft, the horizon should be beyond the objects at 5.6 miles, so nothing is cut off, and this adds up with the video.

However, at sea level, and I will be generous and use a 1 ft eye level, the horizon should be at 1.3 miles, and there should be a hidden height of 6.3 ft.

But in the video, the horizon is still clearly beyond the objects, and therefore nothing can even be obscured, let alone by 6.3 ft.

This here shows that at least within the distance to the PERSPECTIVE horizon there is absolutely no proof of curvature, and things only start being obscured beyond the PERSPECTIVE horizon, which is not a horizon due to curvature of the surface, like I just demonstrated.

If it was then it would be at 1.3 miles and we would not see it beyond the objects, from just above sea level.

The fact that the horizon appears lower in the sea level shot, compared to the shot from 18 ft, is simply a matter of the viewing angle, perspective.

edit on 12/22/2016 by FlatBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
So here we have a real life observation showing that the horizon is not caused by any curvature, but by perspective, and that before that line, no object will be obscured.

If objects are being obscured beyond it this cannot be due to curvature drop, because if there is none in the distance to the perspective horizon, there is none after it.

This supports my claim that a level line towards the horizon does not represent a level line on the rest of the flat plane beyond it.
edit on 12/22/2016 by FlatBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: NNN87

Well, it looks like science has become a modern religion where if you say something controversial you get burned. On one hand, they try to prove everything with "facts", but on the other they don't seem to have done any research, calculations or observations by themselves. This blind scientific belief along with this weird early childhood, where children are not punished for wrong doing, has created a vast amount of people who do not care about others, have no honor and no imagination. It's as if their sole purpose of being online is to disprove anything that goes against their beliefs. I say beliefs, because rarely anyone tries to dig deeper into the subject and all they do is repeate stuff they saw on mainstream tv or read in a school textbook.

There is an interesting thought about the first moon landing when TVs were by far not as good as today and most people were listening to radios anyway, because tv's were expensive. So the though was that after the landing, even the people who were listening to radios could swear a human has landed on the moon. Get it? Someone has told them that NASA landed a man on the moon and they could swear by it. My point is, we should question science (and probably everything) like we did with religion, because modern science has become less about experiencing it and more about just knowing it.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Very well said, did not know about the radio i will read up on that, interesting. It kind of makes sense, i believe some have just forgot that all information is just word of mouth, its what makes us so fun and brilliant, that were only human.

The whole idea of space, flat earth, hollow earth, you name it i enjoy all perspectives, even today's science has some good in it, so does religion. Cultures should be welcomed, differences celebrated and respected, diversity is key to our survival and to end the fear based lifestyle.

I don't care about being ridiculed, happens all the time, its like the seasons, i can't complain its natural and will happen weather i am mad about it or not, I'd rather go out hiking in the snow and enjoy my time.

So i have not been able to see a curvature, big whoop, im personally excited, because in terms of even UFO phenomena, it would make total sense.
They don't have to travel millions of lights years away, they be next door a few hundred thousand miles away, and maybe some people have been there.

Come to think of it, the moons surface or such like it could be somewhere beyond our allowed limits, civilian limits i mean, and they did film on a moon like surface, but the exciting part, we would be able to go to our places of dreams with ease, and technology we already have. If we stop invading one another hehe.

edit on 22-12-2016 by NNN87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Ok everyone, I just found solid flat earth proof;

Not photoshopped!! I can see my house from here.
edit on 12222016 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Hahahaha imagine that was actuall evidence, hahaha

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: FlatBastard

Look carefully at his first shot from higher up, at the base of the platform you can see stronger steelwork supports that are about twice as thick. Not visible at all in the sea level shot. Its easiest to spot if you look at the far left of the base. Also look at how much of the hull of the boat on the left is visible

imgur.com...

edit on 22-12-2016 by MasterAtArms because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MasterAtArms
a reply to: FlatBastard

Look carefully at his first shot from higher up, at the base of the platform you can see stronger steelwork supports that are about twice as thick. Not visible at all in the sea level shot. Its easiest to spot if you look at the far left of the base

You do know that there are such things as waves, the lower shot is different because a false horizon ir represented as waves, it's not ice. Which i can't wait for, because it just had to get warmer ugh.

Im thinking placing a laser levelled and all, two feet off the ice, pick a target destination of about 5km. Using earth curvature calculations the laser should hit the ice at about 3.2 kilometers before reaching target destination of five kilometers. Just gotta wait for the ice to freeze and a nice clear day.

Now adjusting a laser at even 50feet without proper tools is nearly impossible, so give me time on that.
edit on 22-12-2016 by NNN87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

waves at the target location would just as easily effect the first picture as well. Home come the horizon line is higher up the structure as well ? hmmm?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

waves at the target location would just as easily effect the first picture as well. Home come the horizon line is higher up the structure as well ? hmmm?

Use the calculator and you will have your answer, the higher you the further the horizon appears to be, it's so simple, the lower you are the lower the horizon. It's natural effects, that fact that the definition of eye sights limits are told to be due to curvature can be easily refuted with simple binoculars or a camera that has adequate zoom, and your perspective is not subjected to false horizons such as mountains or island of sorts. The curvature calculations fall apart and so do all other globe calculations with it, because they are a domino of assumptions and equations based on false observations from the start!

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I don't know how much you know about the flat earth theory but I have found some interesting thoughts on the net so I thought I would share them with you.

First of all, the so called Flat Earth may be not so flat. According to some models, the whole earth looks more like a mountain which would look like this:

Orlando-Ferguson-flat-earth-map

While this probably looks like nothing new but it opens up a lot of possibilities and explanations as in how can we see a sunset, assuming the sun is much closer to earth, or even the curve (which I have never really seen personally).

Another thing that is even more controversial is that this flat plane could be infinite (or at least very big). This theory assumes that the ice wall that borders the earth is not the edge and that there are other worlds similar to earth beyond it. So basically, instead of traveling through space for billions of miles we could just fly to the other flat "earth" with an airplane

Hard to say which one could be more plausible - a domed flat earth or an infinite plane - but it certainly makes you wonder.

P.S. I also welcome diversity, but there should be balance in everything. Like christianity was overly full of itself up until last century and now it is a more or less balanced religion. Sadly, judaism and islam are still behind on this and science.. well, you know about that.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

can be easily refuted with simple binoculars or a camera that has adequate zoom

Care to prove that with a video or photos of your own?

Of course the horizon changes with height - that's how a spheroid works. You can demonstrate this yourself at home!

Get a ball, a stick and a grape. Put grape on stick. Put stick in ball. Move camera over surface and see what happens

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The whole thing is flat out silly.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

The funniest thing i noticed which i am still laughing about, are the people hanging on to a globe as if its travelling at ludicrous speeds hahaha, just st the right of it, if there was a dome, i don't think all nations would be in Antarctica, it's in my opinion an exploration/exploitation program, such as with all native pooulations way back now
and even close to home corporations are very good at doing the same and keeping things hush hush, their good at it, no point being mad about it i say.

That is an interesting model, maybe the land it self is shaped in such an arrangement, but as far as i have seen water is flat, true level. Its like a gift, water, so many functions.

True, i recommend reading the Great Book of Amber, just for imagination, that book just forces you to use imaginstions full capacity. But out of chaos there is order, nature would show it to be so. It looks all messy and there's a lot of moving parts, but it's all in order on all levels.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

let me ask you something.

What is it that you personally find the most bothersome thing of the spheroid earth?. And I want YOUR answer. why does it bother you so much. What made you doubt it in the first place.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

can be easily refuted with simple binoculars or a camera that has adequate zoom

Care to prove that with a video or photos of your own?

Of course the horizon changes with height - that's how a spheroid works. You can demonstrate this yourself at home!

Get a ball, a stick and a grape. Put grape on stick. Put stick in ball. Move camera over surface and see what happens

Are you telling me you are not capable of going to a beach, afford binoculars and see for your self, that the horizon extends beyond said limits, why would i show you pictures, as i said, anyone with a job can do this, hell i have done it more time than i can count and for the love of all that is earthly i cannot see the curvature, you don't need pictures or videos, i repeat, no pictures or videos.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join