It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat Earth Believers, I would like to hear your ideas.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
First, if this isn't the correct forum I apologize. Please move it.

Flat Earth theory fascinates me. There are tons of people who are starting to believe this idea. And they are all extremely adamant about it. They cite many different sorts of observations as evidence, and have many different theories explaining the mechanics of how it works.
So, if you would, please explain your reasons for furthering this theory, cite your evidence, and explain how it all works, as you understand it. I am not here to debate the issue. I'm not going to engage in an argument for either side of this topic. Now, I can't promise anything about other members of this site of course. But I will ask that if you oppose the Flat Earth theory, please do not use this thread to attack others, shout down their reasons, or anything else along those lines.
I am trying to have an open flow of ideas, without insults, hostility, or belittling, so keep the negativity to yourselves please. I just want to see what people really believe about the Flat Earth. I hope we can all keep this a nice, civil thread.
thanks

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

So are you asking specifically for opinions from those who entertain the idea of a flat earth and are uninterested with opinions that simply dismiss, mock or generally attack the idea that the earth is flat?

If so good luck, I look forward to this thread, I personally have no opinion either way so will now simply observe.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I know, it is probably going to go South on me. But I'm hoping that there are those who will still share their ideas. I know the plethora of arguments against Flat Earth theory, but not much about the arguments for it. So I thought I'd ask.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

There are tons of people who are starting to believe this idea.

I had no idea. Got any proof of this?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

And thanks for the S&F

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Just a surprising number of Facebook pages I'm running across dealing with it.

link   

There are enough threads on various fourms plus websites youtube vids and blogs on google to support that claim in my opinion.

link   

But I'm not going to link any, because they are generally people's personal pages.
Also, yes, the huge amount of YouTube videos.
edit on 21-7-2015 by pfishy because: Macaroni makes a terrible pet.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
This guy is convinced its flat.

Maybe it all about perspective.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Could be. That's why I'm asking.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

How is this relavant to the questions raised in the op please.

I am confused as to the reasoning for your comment and picture.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

The earth isn't flat!!?!?!? WTF?!?! I have been led astray!!!!

Le sigh...

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumStickNinja

I just want to be able to get a good look at both sides of the issue.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Just thinking out loud here with a keyboard and my fingers, but if this where to be true, I imagine the holographic universe would/could utilize a not only flat earth but a flat universe, a flat everything,

toasted, with cream cheese and bacon.

But I think if this where to be true and coincide with a holographic universe then the flat "universe" including our earth is just a dot centered around your consciousness and "exists" only for you and "by" you.

It would be like walking across second life or world of warcraft or something. Yes, maybe you think you are going around a globe, but if fact your not going anywhere, you're just moving your feet while the environment appears to change around you.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

flat earth proponents come in 3 flavours :

scientificaly illiterate

charlatans

religious zealots

some ainclude 2 or more flavours in one batcrap crazy package

but what they cannot do is provide a model of thier alledged flat earth that matches observations

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
On that note, maybe you don't die. You just "die" in other peoples simulations.

Edit:
Of course that could also mean that you where never "alive". Unless you consider being alive in a simulated, never ending universe "alive".

Is Pac Man "alive"? We see him as un-alive, as a character that we can observe and control when we take over the wheel in his world.

Also; Un-Alive ™
edit on 21-7-2015 by FinalCountdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

There are few credible arguments for it because it is a belief system that goes far deeper than the surface arguments.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FinalCountdown

Which is also an accurate depiction of the Holodeck from Star Trek. That's how it can simulate a seemingly endless environment. By moving it along opposite your direction of travel. I'd imagine it also manipulates reflected energy and sound, so that it can give the illusion of distance between 2 persons.
Interesting idea. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I like to entertain all ideas at this point. Especially if they have interesting lore behind them. I have traveled a lot of the world and flown over oceans, climbed mountains and seen the curvature of the earth with my own eyes. So literally do I believe the earth is flat, well no. But there could be some other situation going on that we are not even taking into account. I like the stories about earth being like an egg and we are living in the inside of the shell somehow. It all seems so romantic in a sense if the whole universe is inside our little egg shell and something else entirely is outside of the shell. Maybe hollow earth and flat earth are one in the same. Only instead of admiral Byrd flying into "middle earth" maybe he flew out? These kinds of things keep the flat earth theory interesting to me at least. This is a good way to bring it up without everybody thinking we are crazy too! Because for a while I wouldn't touch this subject with a ten foot pole, kind of like lizard people. But the longer you play in this pool the more you have to start looking at the things you don't want to. Who really knows anything, maybe it's all true. Maybe nothing is. Perspective changes a lot of reality.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
what is the point,who cares,we live in hijacked holodeck for gods.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join