It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat Earth Believers, I would like to hear your ideas.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MasterAtArms

Just... Why? Why did you say this? Out of all what I said you had to pick on word composition.... It should have been pretty obvious that I used the term "flat earth denier" as a description of a group of people in differentiation to "flat earth believers". I could have used "round earthers" or any other term but it was the only one at that time on my mind.

Jeezus, you people never stop and think, you just want to argue and prove you are right, or smart or whatever gives you the thrills.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst
Peoples minds are no longer open. They've forgotten how to Dream and Discuss things beyond the box they live in. To them, discussing anything at all beyond that is the same as sacrilege in their minds. God forbid!

There was a time, and you remember well, when Children grew up dreaming and thinking up Impossible ideas for fun, and actually discussing them freely without fear of ridicule by others who disagreed. There aren't many left that know how to do that anymore.

I like that, thank you. One African tribe has a saying "Ubuntu'' " I am because we are", beautiful.

I was hoping for that, the op asked for an opinion i provided one. Then we forgot what it was like to be free and decided to start complicating everything, protecting things and systems that work against the very foundations evolution and diversity create.

Why should there be one model, or any. Isn't life about creating the world we want to live in, our children and our future generations to thrive in.

Your right, the ability to communicate as a community is a dwindling skill, it's coming back though, more and more people everyday are consuming less, preserving more, becoming more self reliant.

Good times ahead.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: 13ssA

Just... Why? Why did you say this? Out of all what I said you had to pick on word composition.... It should have been pretty obvious that I used the term "flat earth denier" as a description of a group of people in differentiation to "flat earth believers". I could have used "round earthers" or any other term but it was the only one at that time on my mind.

Jeezus, you people never stop and think, you just want to argue and prove you are right, or smart or whatever gives you the thrills.

I read your entire post. Your used the word "Denier" in context several times. Your entire middle paragraph was a relatively thinly veiled attempt to hide your FE beliefs. You labelled "us" as "deniers". What are we denying? Belief in some thousands years old conspiracy of civilisation spanning conspiracy to protect "us" from the truth? Or are we simply denying the arguments of those who do believe in FE because it is nonsense in every testable, logical and provable way

Let me ask you this: for what possible reason would I even want to entertain any kind of discussion on a subject that is absolutely false. What would it achieve?

edit on 21-12-2016 by MasterAtArms because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-12-2016 by MasterAtArms because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Are you kidding me? Have you actually read anything of mine? A "Denier" was a part of the same name - a flat earth denier. And the whole post was not about what you just said. You just went completely out of context. I was not questioning the round earth model and it never was about you. Don't like the flat earth idea - dont engage in it

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: NNN87

originally posted by: JesusXst
Peoples minds are no longer open. They've forgotten how to Dream and Discuss things beyond the box they live in. To them, discussing anything at all beyond that is the same as sacrilege in their minds. God forbid!

There was a time, and you remember well, when Children grew up dreaming and thinking up Impossible ideas for fun, and actually discussing them freely without fear of ridicule by others who disagreed. There aren't many left that know how to do that anymore.

I like that, thank you. One African tribe has a saying "Ubuntu'' " I am because we are", beautiful.

I was hoping for that, the op asked for an opinion i provided one. Then we forgot what it was like to be free and decided to start complicating everything, protecting things and systems that work against the very foundations evolution and diversity create.

Why should there be one model, or any. Isn't life about creating the world we want to live in, our children and our future generations to thrive in.

Your right, the ability to communicate as a community is a dwindling skill, it's coming back though, more and more people everyday are consuming less, preserving more, becoming more self reliant.

Good times ahead.

Yes and Thank you. Ubuntu, I like that.

It seems everything is more complicated, but you're correct, it is coming back. People always go back to what they know, the Human side, the deeper side that's been surpressed by ideas lead by wolves in powerful places.
Cheers

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 13ssA

You chose to engage directly with me after a comment I posted. I have as much right to "deny" as you do to try and promote "discussion". I will continue to directly reply to you as you continue to directly reply to me.

deal with it

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MasterAtArms

originally posted by: 13ssA

I read your entire post. Your used the word "Denier" in context several times. Your entire middle paragraph was a relatively thinly veiled attempt to hide your FE beliefs. You labelled "us" as "deniers". What are we denying? Belief in some thousands years old conspiracy of civilisation spanning conspiracy to protect "us" from the truth? Or are we simply denying the arguments of those who do believe in FE because it is nonsense in every testable, logical and provable way

Let me ask you this: for what possible reason would I even want to entertain any kind of discussion on a subject that is absolutely false. What would it achieve?

Well for one, where is all our resources really going, what are they doing with all that money, and why are we not allowed to explore the rest of our world (assuming its flat and endless). Just the first things off the tip, probably even unite all humanity but that's my naive side talking, that happens on a spiritual lvl, but if they are just lying and putting on a cheap show and in reality using the space programs as a means to launder money, in those terms its brilliant, sign me up!

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
If you're paranoid and ignorant enough to entertain a flat earth, you might as well consider the possibility our shadow government is watching ATS and taking down names, ips and emails. You should be assured they're watching you wherever you go and slowly wearing you down, pushing you into a corner until you've lost your mind, thus ensuring the sheep won't ever wake from their slumber. And so coming here to this thread marks you--it's a grave mistake.

Meh. Fear and paranoia will run your life. You just have to let the door open. 9/11 opened it a little. We opened it the rest of the way.

So I agree with "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." There's danger in life absolutely, only we frequently monstersize it. I also think one of the secrets to controlling people is to use their fears.
edit on 12/21/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

and BINGO we have a looser :

a common mantra in the conspiracy world is :

" well it hasnt been debunked .......................... "

but as many conspiracists are devoid of any critical thinking skills

the same idiots also trot out :

" if its not true - why are you oposed to it "

thanks for playing - your dishonesty is exposed

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite
If you're paranoid and ignorant enough to entertain a flat earth, you might as well consider the possibility our shadow government is watching ATS and taking down names, ips and emails. You should be assured they're watching you wherever you go and slowly wearing you down, pushing you into a corner until you've lost your mind, thus ensuring the sheep won't ever wake from their slumber. And so coming here to this thread marks you--it's a grave mistake!

Meh. Fear and paranoia will run your life. You just have to let the door open. 9/11 opened it a little. We opened it the rest of the way.

So I agree with "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." There's danger in life absolutely, only we frequently overblow it. I also think one of the secrets to controlling people is to control their fear and use it against them.

Even controlling the perspective of what is considered normal would do the trick, it's not to hard, a lot of pretty lights, a flash of huge amounts of money, big bangs and booms, bring tears to a grown man i tell you.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: NNN87
But isn't all that just fear instinct. Sometimes the ground is the ground. The moon is the moon. The globe earth is the globe earth. And so on. Someday we'll be on Mars and probably still be wondering the same things, if fear is still a thing. I say that because many of our fears are misplaced.

Yes. I think flat earthers are afraid. Very. Not just ignorant. Many of these people are plenty smart enough to destroy their own thinking, but won't because of their fear. They're too assaulted running from monsters.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

But isn't all that just fear instinct. Sometimes the ground is the ground. The moon is the moon. The round earth is the round earth. And so on. Someday we'll be on Mars and probably still be wondering the same things, if fear is still a thing. They have it in for fear you know. Want to remove it.

Afraid of what? I have never been more excited in my life, it makes things so simple, something we all have forgotten due to our complicated life styles.

Its beautiful, it's amazing in my opinion. I have let go if fear years ago, something that was very hard and extremely satisfying to do.

Whatever the shape of our home, we don't live on mars, we don't live in space or in clouds, we dont live underwater those conditions are dangerous for humans. We are naturally grounded species, i think it's about time we act like it and stop wasting precision resources and large amounts of wealth on things that have brought, in my opinion, nothing of substantial positive use. I am referring to the space agencies.

Also, they don't care what i think, if anything they would start lining people up for target practice if all of the sudden every person on earth decided to say no to the mainstream opinion of normal.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I was assuming you're the proverbial flat earther. Are you?

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I was assuming you're the proverbial flat earther. Are you?

In all honesty, as simple and boring as it may seem, i have not been able to witness or observe the curvature, that should be there, shoot me if you have to, i just have failed multiple times to see it.

So i have doubts, im only human.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
So you're saying to the effect "I don't know what's up there. Maybe the Earth is flat. I don't really care because what's down here is satisfying enough. Just stop wasting my tax money on what's up there."

Is that you? Don't seem very flat earthy. The ones I've seen are more expedient and committed, as well ominous in their thoughts. Those're the ones which inspired me to write about fear and distrust.

For me the most convincing thing against a flat Earth is what we see at night. Why would the creator(s) of our reality go to such lengths to mislead us? It's not people creating the stars, planets, moons and other phenomena. It would have to be a creator or creators. And this doesn't carry any weight in my mind. Occams Razor comes to mind. Why introduce another influence, namely god(s), to explain things? It's far easier just to accept what we see in hte night sky and go from there, without invoking supernatural forces.

It looks like this:
Night sky indicates a rotating oblate ellipsoid earth orbiting a star!
This of course supports our other observatiosn.
But noooo.... God(s) deceived us! The night sky is a hologram. Earth is flat. And all of the support observations are untrue.

Just go out at night. Tell me how that supports the notion our Earth is flat? We see what amounts to rotating oblate ellipsoid planets. When we pinpoint their changing locations we figure out they're orbiting our sun. What're the odds of that occurring? They also find out our Earth is orbiting this sun too. They determine distances. Wow, space is big!

So is hte ground really the ground? This is about trust.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

So you're saying to the effect "I don't know what's up there. Maybe the Earth is flat. I don't really care because what's down here is satisfying enough. Just stop wasting my tax money on what's up there."

Huh, plainly said, but yeah.

I mean, maybe to me is more on the lines of, where is this curvature, i wanna see it with my own eyes, not videos or pictures, and with the model we shown, i should be able to, but i have so far, nit seenany curvature whats so ever.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I don't know what are you trying to prove here but you completely missed the point of my message and I don't think you even know what you want to say. Seriously, you asked me - why would you want to entertain this idea - which clearly shows that you don't really want to, so my only reply was - don't engage in it if you don't want to. Now you started talking about direct engagement, as in - commenting, which is perfectly fine, but in general you shouldnt even be here if you don't want to entertain the idea of FE.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

You just say whatever suits you not even trying to understand the situation...

Read the whole conversation to get into the context of it before commenting otherwise be a good pup and let the grown men talk.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

so I shouldn't even be here huh? because you have no counter to the RE (round earth) evidence that you can actually, you know, prove, so would rather I not be here to make comments.

Nope, sorry.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

The interesting thing about the curve is that it's not really possible to see it from low altitudes. If someone did, that that means the earth has a shape of a tube
On a serious note though, I have calculated that you will need to be at least 20 miles up to see only a few degrees of curvature and it still will be hard to achieve because the thickness and pollution of air will limit your view distance and the edge of horizon will not be clear enough to see the curve.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join