It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat Earth Believers, I would like to hear your ideas.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
i am applyig science - a concept obviously lost on flat earthers - PS - you dont need the horizon - for latitude - or for that matter logitude either - you can create your own - this is taught in navigation courses - so your argument fails again - but keep going - the ammusement level rises with every post

edit on 20-12-2016 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

It would be same thing. You would only use your artificial horizon to create a line of sight that is level, instead of using the actual horizon. It is still the same level line to the horizon that does not represent a level line on the flat plane beyond the horizon.
edit on 12/20/2016 by FlatBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

Wow. What a waste of time. Good thing I didn't have anything pressing to do. However, I want my time back.

All I really got out of this is how to continue an argument.

P.S. I did enjoy the math presented though.
edit on 20-12-2016 by repairguyt because:

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: FlatBastard

wow - you have really just shot yourself in the foot - now you are claiming that flat is not actually flat

you need to step back and review the absurdity of your claim

" inclined = the new flat " - heard it all now

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I am saying that what you see from your perspective is not a geometrically accurate representation of the geometry of the flat plane in its entirety, and distant objects above it, from a 2d sideview.

It has nothing to do with the plane itself, it's just how we see 3d reality.
edit on 12/20/2016 by FlatBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

the real world disagrees with you - my depiction is accurate - get over it

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
as flat earthers are going to quote mine my posts from other threads -

this is " flatbastards " attempt to pervert science :

Are you refering to Are you refering to Eratosthenes, for instance? At least half of the data supporting his conclusion was based on assumptions and he certainly did not prove a ball Earth. , for instance? At least half of the data supporting his conclusion was based on assumptions and he certainly did not prove a ball Earth.

what flatbastard very deliberatly fails to mention is that Eratosthenes, presented his conclusion with the caveat of :

the experiment demonstrates that either the earth is a sphere with the sun sitting at a vast distance - OR it is flat with the sun only 3000km above the plane

funny that flatbastard ignored that bit

now the ways that we can show that the sun [ and by inference the moon ] are not " only 3000 km above a plabe are many

but for juicy irony - the most pertinant one is perspective - the views of the sun and moon from different points on the eath demonstrate that they cannot be " only 3000 km above a plane "

ergo - the earth is not a plane - Eratosthenes, was correct to conclude that the earth is a spheroid

all other observations and calculations are congruent with the spheroid model

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Is it alright if we keep this conversation on the other thread? Sorry op.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: NNN87

thats fine with me - i somehow seem to have 5 ` flat earth threads ` in my feed - and one or more gets resurected from time to time

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Dont know if you looked at the link in the description, with the right observer heights, but it seems to fit perfect, flic.kr...
When he goes to a higher viewpoint in the last shot, it looks less obscured.
Because its a turning torso the shadows from the different angles, also makes it look obscured, but you can still see and count the blocks.
That day its pretty good weather conditions to make the observations, and its actually a very good proof of our globe earth.

edit on 21-12-2016 by harry47 because: Bad link

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

Ok you asked....

We live in a giant fishbowl and can't see past our own faces.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   
The thing that is the most interesting here is that OP just wanted to hear some stories about flat earth and to know why people believe it but in exchange he got as*holes who just creep around the internet and look for similar topics to prove the earth is round. I don't remember OP asking for RE proofs and I'm quite sure he (or she) just wanted to entertain the idea of flat earth.

Why is it that for every flat earth believer (or should I say entertainer) there is an insane amount of round earthers trying to prove it's round? They come to such topics, they start flaming and feel disappointed in humanity, they know they are right yet they still lurk around for months just to prove someone he is wrong. In my humble opinion, the real idiots here are the people who try to prove the earth is round, debate for months and get the same result. People, get a grip, no one asked you to contest this idea, it was clearly mentioned by the OP.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: 13ssA
The thing that is the most interesting here is that OP just wanted to hear some stories about flat earth and to know why people believe it but in exchange he got as*holes who just creep around the internet and look for similar topics to prove the earth is round. I don't remember OP asking for RE proofs and I'm quite sure he (or she) just wanted to entertain the idea of flat earth.

Why is it that for every flat earth believer (or should I say entertainer) there is an insane amount of round earthers trying to prove it's round? They come to such topics, they start flaming and feel disappointed in humanity, they know they are right yet they still lurk around for months just to prove someone he is wrong. In my humble opinion, the real idiots here are the people who try to prove the earth is round, debate for months and get the same result. People, get a grip, no one asked you to contest this idea, it was clearly mentioned by the OP.

Its not about "trying to prove its round"

Its about fighting the youtube era of nonsense being impregnated into vulnerable and less well informed heads

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: 13ssA

We don't have to "prove" the Earth is "round", it is.

We're members of this site, and many who are here discussing it in detail have been members of this site for a considerable amount of time; there is no trolling the internet for these topics, the topics are brought to us.

Stop being the "a*shole" and troll you are claiming we are; you have decided it on yourself to post a statement to incite aggression within the members here and to initiate a fight, you are no better then the BS you have posted that you're accusing others of.

edit on 21-12-2016 by MuonToGluon because: Spelling + Addition

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: MasterAtArms

You cant fight the nonsense, it will always be there. What you actually do is spread it further by giving it attention. The more people comment, flag and participate in discussions, the wider it spreads. You actually waste your time fighting something that has no need to be fought over anyway. Moreover, this is not a thread to fight it. It's a thread about entertaining the idea, discussing the possibilities, yet people come and trash it with useless information.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

there is absolutely no idea here to entertain. This is the problem. (Some) people are more than willing to believe absolute garbage because

1) they don't understand the world around them

2) some person on youtube said its a conspiracy, so they must be right! right?

How can there be any discussion on the possibilities of a FE if there is absolutely no chance of those possibilities being even slightly real. The FE believers go out of their way to invent extremely complex solutions on how a FE works (wheras a spheroid model is the simplest solution), create and invent claims of "historical evidence" and absolutely will not believe, ever, any evidence offered by mainstream because the person on youtube said its a conspiracy.

These threads are clickbait, and it is my opinion that 90% of the threads started by FE "believers" are created just to see how many people the poster can get following them, regardless of their own beliefs on the issue. That is tantamount to psychological abuse and isn't that far off from cultish behaviour.

That is the real fight here

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Well guess what - 95% of posts on this thread were made by flat earth deniers. In other words, the deniers are being baited into such topics. Have you ever realized that the real perpetrators of this subject or rather the reason of it's worldwide spread are the FE deniers? For every FE believer or devils advocate there are tens, maybe hundreds of deniers and many of them spread it through various msm's. I mean c'mon, some people lurk around such topics for months for some reason and then they can't believe it has spread. They love to feel "superior" or "smarter" than someone else and it's so addictive they can't stop.

On the other hand, before starting the discussion on flat earth one must realize that it's not possible for many things to be the way they are described right now. It should be obvious that if you consider the idea of flat earth then you should at least consider the fact that it would not really work with the round earth basics but assuming that many of those could be perceived as similar on both models. The most important thing about flat earth (imo) is that many don't seem to realize how shocking it would be if FE was true, thus not realizing that mainstream "facts" are not and should not be applicable to the FE model because.. well.. it's the grand deception of mankind and it was built up for centuries, if not millenia, so it's a very well produced deception.

For me, it's an entertaining idea and I don't have to believe it to enjoy it. Like alien bases on the moon, hollow earth or god. It's like reading a fantasy/fiction book but as a bonus you also have an opportunity to discuss it with it's creator. Funny thing about it is that there are many things that flat earth model has revealed that no one really has an explanation to. If flat earthers had concentrated on the details rather than the grandiose revelation, it could have brought much more value and appreciation than hate and ridicule.

I don't see FE as something that people should strive to deny or stop spreading because, as I said before, by doing so the result is exactly the opposite. It seems that this idea is fairly easy to debunk or deny, so no point in arguing and wasting time on it and if you don't have enough imagination to entertain this idea then don't engage in it. Simple.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: MuonToGluon

I am an old timer here and I know a true member that is able to discuss various topics and those people that you mentioned (majority of them anyway) don't have enough of an open mind to even comprehend these topics, let alone discuss. They come with the wrong mindset and try to do something that has already been done hundreds of times before. No one was asking for round earth proofs yet people come with that attitude of theirs completely blind of their own actions and level of perception and ruin it for others.You pick these topics on your own, no one is bringing them to you nor forcing you to click on the thread name. That means you do this on purpose and you call me a troll... Hypocrisy at it's best.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

there is no such thing as a flat earth denier. We are rational, sensible people who can believe our own senses and see that the entire FE domain is utter bollox.

It is impossible to "deny" anything that is pertinently false and provable so.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Peoples minds are no longer open. They've forgotten how to Dream and Discuss things beyond the box they live in. To them, discussing anything at all beyond that is the same as sacrilege in their minds. God forbid!

There was a time, and you remember well, when Children grew up dreaming and thinking up Impossible ideas for fun, and actually discussing them freely without fear of ridicule by others who disagreed. There aren't many left that know how to do that anymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join