It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans can’t stop comparing food stamp recipients to wild animals on Facebook

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
a reply to: Spider879

One day government is going to use violent reprisal against people who have received any kind of so called free benefit if they don't also comply with the loss of freedoms for getting those benefits. It isn't that far away.

This part right here just ask anyone who has ever been incarcerated, on probation, in the military, on unemployment, a politician, on section 8, an athlete, and many more that I'm sure i missed about loss of freedoms in exchange for benefits.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: sycomix

If you want to eat there are ways that dont involve charity, Work is a good way to start, failing that, hunting, fishing, or a garden. If your hungry go get food. I work to feed my children and myself, not lazy loafs of crap. There are times when I fall short on a pay check, you know what I do, go kill a wild pig and cook the damned thing, squirrels, rabbits, lots of food out there for people who remember we are in fact the apex freaking predator. Hunt, Fish, Farm or Die. Simple right?

Geographical bias, where in Brooklyn or Manhattan can one find a tasty wild pig to hunt, and last time I checked fishing in central Park is illegal as well as firing off firearms in what is bound to be a public place, and if everyone moved to the country it will quickly become a city, yes people on food stamp have to work unless they are disabled.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

May i suggest to you that even in a crap hole like new york one can trap with out need of a gun. My 8 year old son can snare a rabbit or squirrel. What is wrong with people? This is why when SHTF most of these helpless dips are gona die.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

May i suggest to you that even in a crap hole like new york one can trap with out need of a gun. My 8 year old son can snare a rabbit or squirrel. What is wrong with people? This is why when SHTF most of these helpless dips are gona die.

Squirrels are big rats, I don't remember seeing a rabbit running around in my park or any other and pls don't call my city a crap hole only folks from there are allowed to, but I do agree with you that survival training for all youths would be a good thing.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: sycomix

May i suggest to you that even in a crap hole like new york one can trap with out need of a gun. My 8 year old son can snare a rabbit or squirrel.

How can you expect a rabbit or squirrel wrapped in cellophane from walmart to jump into a trap?

Although, in a less jokingly note it would probably require a license and permit to hunt and avoidance from peta.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

If you want to eat there are ways that dont involve charity, Work is a good way to start, failing that, hunting, fishing, or a garden. If your hungry go get food. I work to feed my children and myself, not lazy loafs of crap. There are times when I fall short on a pay check, you know what I do, go kill a wild pig and cook the damned thing, squirrels, rabbits, lots of food out there for people who remember we are in fact the apex freaking predator. Hunt, Fish, Farm or Die. Simple right?

Too bad everyone can't be super-hunter in the city like you can. What about the woman who is working at McDonalds because that is the only skill she has, and whose husband disappears for weeks/months on end, and she has 4 -5 kids to feed?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

LOL I was actually about to make reference to the fact that someday likely soon, that we wont have the luxury of Walmart or McDonalds to get food. People ALL people need to learn self reliance. Failure to do so only breeds further complacency. The last time a check complacency breeds useless people, and what purpose do useless people serve???

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
obviously you live out of a major city!! or have transportation. you also have guns and ammo,

we tried to grow a garden last year, the darling baby deer and rabbits ate the lovely plants and well, the problem was compounded by the fact that we really didn't know what we were doing. spent alot of money for a handful of peas (how was I to know that you had to treat the soil with a special nutrient or whatever for them to grow well) a couple of squash, some small, tiny potatoes, had to add to them to make a meal, and the onions actually came back this year and will just be left in the ground because they are still tiny.
we spent a nice sum of money on the seeds, soil, fertilizer and all that and well, lost money. the truth is, gardening can be an expensive hobby is you don't know what you are doing! next time, I am gonna just try growing a few plants in containers and see what happens. this year, well I just wasn't in the mood to mess with it.
the fishing I could do though, if I had a license. got everything for that, except I haven't really fished much in my life so well it might take me some time to get it right also.

I really can't see someone living in a big city growing and hunting enough food to really make a difference, especially someone who is a single mom with small kids. I can see them now out there in the brush, kids running wild scaring the heck out of anything that might be out there, or getting shot because mom thinks that they are a giant bunny!

oh and another interesting tidbit,
during the depression there were so many people out hunting that it so drastically cut down on the animal population you were lucky to run across anything.

edit on 17-7-2015 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

a reply to: interupt42

LOL I was actually about to make reference to the fact that someday likely soon, that we wont have the luxury of Walmart or McDonalds to get food. People ALL people need to learn self reliance. Failure to do so only breeds further complacency. The last time a check complacency breeds useless people, and what purpose do useless people serve???

Why don't you become a community organizer and teach those who have no clue how to hunt in the hood?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

We actually have a wilderness and urban survival class we teach in our local militia. Youth groups too. Ohh and as far as not living in a big city, I live 20 min. east of Dallas. But you know Texas rocks, even in the city we have rabbits bigger than some peoples "dogs" and black land earth, easy to grow just about anything in. Note: to anyone wanting to try gardening for the first time. Until you get the hang of it. Stick with hardy plants, Corn, Peppers, Onions, Okra, Potatoes, those are great ways to start out and tend to have higher yields at a lower cost.

Ohh and community gardens are fantastic, an empty lot can feed families. We have several in my area.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv
or heck, there's plenty of zombie homes all over the place. the bank comes in and evicts the people, leaves house in their name in the country property records, and refuses to maintain them or the yards... thinking that the people who they evicted should do it for years till a miracle happens and the housing market recovers. since the county is being deprived of the property taxes on most of these homes because well, we all know that the billions that taxpayers gave them wasn't enough for them to afford to pay them, well why don't the counties and cities just pass a law making those property, the land that is, fair game for community gardens. and well, if the bank does happen to sell the land, there has to be a stipulation that the garden is still rented out to the community till it's harvested?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

That is actually brilliant, wonder how come nobody has tried that yet?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
maybe we can put the poor in FEMA camps, cutting back drastically on government assistance to them, and give that extra taxpayer money to the wealthy in the form of tax breaks. that way they wouldn't be so disgusting to conservatives

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Seems like a lot of trouble to go to. Poor or otherwise, I think the biggest problem in American culture today is we have lost the sense of community. Everyone is always ME ME ME, whats in it for ME? Saddens me really. It really should be Us Us Us, how can we help Us. A person is helpless and mostly useless, people who form a working community are strong and will persevere, a community can provide. They used to say things like it takes a village to raise a child, now they just dump them in day care and forget about, is it any wonder the fabric of our once great nation has come unwoven?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

ya and maybe they could enlist in cooprerative extension or some other group to come in and give them the expertise so that those participating could learn how to grow their own food. and well if it's a good harvest and they have more than they need maybe the county could sell the extra to help cover the loss of the property tax, or it could be donated to the poor, or well the community could sell it and use the money for next years gardening needs.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

On pg3 I posted a Ron Finley vid on urban farming worth viewing,

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Been to Oklahoma.

Can confirm: never want to live there. Ever.

The one redeeming quality I found in Oklahoma was the abundance of Sonic drive-thru's.

Does this viral Facebook post surprise me? Not in the least. I have extended family in Oklahoma, and it's pretty par for the course. I was actually surprised to hear Obama visited OK actually.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

ya know, I might be wrong but I think the city and county codes in my area requires that gardens be confined to the back yard. and although the do allow chickens if the property is zoned right, they also come with a series of regulations that well, make my head hurt trying to figure out what can and can't be done where. next year, I try again but it's gonna be in containers up close to the house so maybe the critters will be less apt to lounge around munching.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Seems like a lot of trouble to go to. Poor or otherwise, I think the biggest problem in American culture today is we have lost the sense of community. Everyone is always ME ME ME, whats in it for ME? Saddens me really. It really should be Us Us Us, how can we help Us. A person is helpless and mostly useless, people who form a working community are strong and will persevere, a community can provide. They used to say things like it takes a village to raise a child, now they just dump them in day care and forget about, is it any wonder the fabric of our once great nation has come unwoven?

oh c'mon....the wealthy have amassed vast fortunes on the backs of minimum wage and low wage workers.....the ME, ME, ME, comes from the wealthy?.....there is data EVERYWHERE that shows American workers have been bled dry by part-time work, no benefits, and wages that can't even keep up with inflation. there was a time when a new worker was hired on full time, making a living wage, and he was actually trained to be more productive for that company... now, it's go into personal debt, by paying a company to train you to work for another company!!.....if I was a king of America, I'd take the Koch bros. 80 to 90 billion in personal wealth, leave them 5 billion each, and take the remaining 70 billion and spread it out equitably to all the other employees of their companies that labored to make that money for them....F" them, they can survive on 5 billion apiece

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

How tyrannical of you to decide what people should be allowed to keep.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join