It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans can’t stop comparing food stamp recipients to wild animals on Facebook

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Oklahoma’s Republican Party shared a viral Facebook post comparing food stamp recipients to wild animals.

“The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing this year the greatest amount of free Meals and Food Stamps ever, to 46 million people,” the group posted Monday on its official Facebook page, reported the International Business Times.

“Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us ‘Please Do Not Feed the Animals,’” the group’s post continued. “Their stated reason for the policy is because ‘The animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.’ Thus ends today’s lesson in irony #OKGOP”
www.rawstory.com...

Pls go on to klik the link.
As more Americans find themselves in dire straights the GOP's response is worst than Marie Antoinette's LET THEM EAT CAKE! I am not saying all is good and glorious with the Dems who may not do much more than a half assed attempt at addressing the issue of poverty, but rarely do they go out of their way to mock the poor, If any of you out there have received assistance at some point in your lives then they are comparing you to animals.
Who are these Animals?? alot of needy Vets that gave limbs and wounded minds in service of nation, some would say oil wars, the elderly and off course children, and get this sense of irony.

Andre Bauer, then South Carolina’s lieutenant governor, compared food stamp recipients to stray animals in 2010 and suggested cutting their benefits so they would be less likely to “breed.”

These are the same types that is so gung ho about any kind of family planning or birth control..GOP leaders keep mocking the poor it's not as if revolutionary France and Russia did not took place in history.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   
That's pretty messed up but did crack me up.

If you teach a man to fish...

+37 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Controlling food. Terrorize parents and children. Do you people need any more proof that sociopaths have taken over the republican party?

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879
It's convenient for them to think of animals for analogies, because they share their IQ's with animals. These are seriously very unintelligent people. In other words they are unable to quite "get" what it is to be human, and apparently are disabled in considering how to allow thoughts to surpass immediate ego feeds. It's rather like the egocentricities of an infant, who is unable to see beyond it's own needs.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Republican politicians are just as stupid selfish slobs as all democrat politicians. There are just as many republican constituents on food stamps as liberal lovers of government aid. Even if the numbers are not even, it shows what morons we have fighting against us, and every one of them almost contributes to doing something against America and it's freedoms for all people.
I think every single food stamp recipient should spend their whole month allotment on NY steak and lobster tails, then government could say: "Hey look, our constituents are trying to be just like us living high on the hog at their expense" The people will never catch up to them.

One day government is going to use violent reprisal against people who have received any kind of so called free benefit if they don't also comply with the loss of freedoms for getting those benefits. It isn't that far away.

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Spider.....you know......you missed the point that was being made. No, they weren't being "compared to wild animals".

But the logic is there, being used already. Essentially: when you give away free food, folks will stop finding their own food and opt for the free food. Which is evidenced by the headline about the biggest year of free handouts yet.

This is why we can't have nice things. There is a valid, logical point being made. But it was ignored for a chance at a cheap partisan jab. Shame, really....this could have been such a nice planet.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikeone718

Yeah right, peoples misfortune is just hilarious!!!

Anyway..... best way to teach a man to fish, is by actually forcing corporations & businesses to pay people a livable wage!

46 million is nearly 20% of the adult US population. Its the corporations that are the real freeloaders in all of this. They don't even pay there hardest working employee's enough to feed themselves, then just expect the tax payer to pay out, just so there employee's don't starve.

Its called corporate welfare.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Republican politicians are just as stupid selfish slobs as all democrat politicians. There are just as many republican constituents on food stamps as liberal lovers of government aid. Even if the numbers are not even, it shows what morons we have fighting against us, and every one of them almost contributes to doing something against America and it's freedoms for all people.
I think every single food stamp recipient should spend their whole month allotment on NY steak and lobster tails, then government could say: "Hey look, our constituents are trying to be just like us living high on the hog at their expense" The people will never catch up to them.

One day government is going to use violent reprisal against people who have received any kind of so called free benefit if they don't also comply with the loss of freedoms for getting those benefits. It isn't that far away.

It has already began, in Florida you must comply with a urinalysis to obtain food stamps, and in the case of Florida Scott's own company is involved, but the making money off the poor is not only a Florida problem

thinkprogress.org...
Klik for more. the poor are being criminalized more and more.
edit on 17-7-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Well....yes and no.

This whole "livable wage" argument is ridiculous. Another way of putting "they should get a livable wage" is to say, "We should eliminate more of the middle class".

And if i am being real honest, it kind of feels hypocritical to acknowledge that my taxes are too damned high, but to want to shift those taxes over to someones business. How about the right answer being, "Everyones taxes are too damned high". Because i can certainly tell you....once folks get the full brunt of the ACA nonenrollment penalties, the notion of "high taxes" will have a whole new meaning.

Shifting the burden of support of an overgrown/bloated governemtn from one group to another isn't the answer. The answer is reducing the bloat so that there isn't really a burden of support to begin with. Crap like this....only keeps folks focused on the class warfare. The divide and conquer strategy works too well.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I'd rather be a wild animal than a subservient poodle which is what they want us all to be.
The right wing elitists mock what they don't understand , the only animals I see is the pigs at the top snouts in trough.

Time for revolution yet ?

edit on 17-7-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Spider.....you know......you missed the point that was being made. No, they weren't being "compared to wild animals".

But the logic is there, being used already. Essentially: when you give away free food, folks will stop finding their own food and opt for the free food. Which is evidenced by the headline about the biggest year of free handouts yet.

This is why we can't have nice things. There is a valid, logical point being made. But it was ignored for a chance at a cheap partisan jab. Shame, really....this could have been such a nice planet.

I wished they were trying to make a teachable argument here Bigfurry but other comments over the years is just as nauseating, true some people abuse the system but most are not, some folks through no fault of their own are poor and need that hand-up most are working poor they do have jobs, matter of fact unless one is disabled you must have some kind of work to qualify, if I am wrong some pls correct me, but the poor is easy to pick on because hardly anyone speak for them, the working and middle class have a voice although lessened somewhat but who gives a ratazz about poor folks they are considered almost like vermin.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikeone718

"Teach a man to fish", is something I try to do on a regular basis. I've got a few I'm trying to teach to fish right now. But bear in mind that some people have disabilities, whatever they might be, that prevent them from fishing no matter how much they would like to. It's quite frustrating for them. Those who have the ability to fish, but simply won't try, can be identified in any number of ways. However, identifying them can often be very expensive.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Well....yes and no.

This whole "livable wage" argument is ridiculous. Another way of putting "they should get a livable wage" is to say, "We should eliminate more of the middle class".

And if i am being real honest, it kind of feels hypocritical to acknowledge that my taxes are too damned high, but to want to shift those taxes over to someones business. How about the right answer being, "Everyones taxes are too damned high". Because i can certainly tell you....once folks get the full brunt of the ACA nonenrollment penalties, the notion of "high taxes" will have a whole new meaning.

Shifting the burden of support of an overgrown/bloated governemtn from one group to another isn't the answer. The answer is reducing the bloat so that there isn't really a burden of support to begin with. Crap like this....only keeps folks focused on the class warfare. The divide and conquer strategy works too well.

BigFurry you and I are employers we pay taxes, deal with overhead you know the drill etc, but at the end of the day who is more productive someone who is happy making a living, feeling like part of the team or someone who is just barely hanging on because he or she is in a hurry to get to the next job to make ends meet.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   

"The poor" is, apparently, growing rapidly. The first part of your post pointed to the "biggest year of handouts ever" (or something to that effect).

We are all animals. And animals tend towards the easy solution. The more you give, the more that will be taken.

I am very aware of disabled folks, etc. No one is suggesting that we starve out the disabled. The suggestion is that if you keep giving it away for free, people will tend to stop working for it. Maybe that is true, maybe it isn't. I think that people are more complex than that, and some will likely end up choosing to work for it anyway. And, to be honest, that is the discussion that should be happening here. Not blaming "the Republicans" (which is, in itself, a broad brush statement).

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Brother, you are preaching to the choir on that front. I love finding ways to hand out pay increases. I love the fact that we provide a very well priced insurance option. We leverage those things into our recruiting plan because we want to attract only the best in our industry.

LOL...then again...i employ people in a fairly cheap local economy. So our local wages just won't attract anyone from outside the region, unless they are just wanting to live here and will take whatever job is available. For example...i could move to Dallas and double my paycheck. I'd also double my cost of living. Not a big deal if i choose to do that, right? But to reverse that...someone in Dallas moving here.....they wouldn't be able to make payments towards various debt accounts (mortgage, car payment, child support, etc) while earning a paycheck here. So our "points of entry" into the labor market are typically either the person close to retiring whose house "back home" is paid off. Or someone who is young that hasn't had a chance to take on debt.

I guess what im getting at: i pay more than a livable wage for the local economy (we are the highest paying in our industry anywhere for 300 miles). But to someone in NYC, hearing what I make (or pay my people) would think we were all destitute.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I know the Dems do very little in the way of tackling the problem, but the Reps especially the leadership and what they are saying about the poor in a broad brush is what's troubling .

Andre Bauer, then South Carolina’s lieutenant governor, compared food stamp recipients to stray animals in 2010 and suggested cutting their benefits so they would be less likely to “breed.”
www.rawstory.com...

This is how one speak about vermin.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Companies could stop the giant monopoly game they call business and let people have a decent wage or job so more people could support them selves.

I think the plan and the answer is to keep building a bigger police force to put down the poor.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

I know the Dems do very little in the way of tackling the problem, but the Reps especially the leadership and what they are saying about the poor in a broad brush is what's troubling .

www.rawstory.com...

This is how one speak about vermin.

I'd have to see the context the statement was made in to understand what was being said. While its not hard to believe someone would say something stupid like that....more often than not its the result of a journalist with a bias.

TBH, the "breeding" thing is related to the 'working" thing. You can't do both at the same time, right? Do affluent people have less children because of their work?

I spent many years entrenched in the "poor" group. What changed for me? I found a job that inspired me, made me want to reach for the brass ring.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   

And that's what I thought, you pay a living wage according to your local economy, no one have to scrounge and that's the takeaway lesson here, I am a capitalist I like to see results and a positive balance sheet, my people love that feel, and it is reflected in their envelopes, everyone feel like a winner, now we could be greedy and pay squat , they'll know that the money is coming in and they may resent you especially if they have to find two or three jobs, they just wouldn't care enough to help you or I make more money for then what's the point.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   

GOP types are responsible for a vast amount of the degradation of the Untied States over the last twenty years, mostly owing to the way they have exercised their financial power, and the lack of responsibility they have shown by allowing housing markets and sub prime mortgage problems to become these vast, unmanageable bubbles.

It's not the powerless, the penniless, and those on food stamps who could have stopped that happening, but the friends and employees of big business leaders, rich tycoons, and they failed.

The Republican bloc need to take some damned responsibility for their failures, and stop scapegoating those who have no power to defend themselves.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join