It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans can’t stop comparing food stamp recipients to wild animals on Facebook

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

So it is better to be dependent on government?

I guess I'm missing the insult here. . . . .

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I love those commercials they make you wonder if the wrong people are in control of the system. Breeders and eaters and such should learn to laugh at themselves. I wonder if you stood on the beach handing out free potato chips what you would get more of people or seagulls!!

edit on 17-7-2015 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I have no problems with people receiving food stamps or welfare, what drives me up a wall is people having babies after babies while receiving food stamps or welfare checks. They become a huge burden on the system.

This video below is a perfect example

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
The Food Stamp Program, managed by the U.S. Division of Agriculture, is pleased to be appropriating this year the best measure of free Meals and Food Stamps ever, to 46 million individuals," the gathering posted Monday on its authority Facebook page, reported the International Business Times.

"Then, the National Park Service, controlled by the U.S. Branch of the Interior, asks us 'Kindly Do Not Feed the Animals,'" the bunch's post proceeded. "Their expressed purpose behind the approach is on account of 'The creatures will develop subject to gifts and won't figure out how to deal with themselves.' Thus finishes today's lesson in incongruity #OKGOP"

The gathering attracted a blended reaction to the post and a short time later shared segments contending against welfare by dark traditionalists Thomas Sowell and Walter Williams. bd manager

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
not that i support the message. but i do wonder. how many people here would quit working if their paychecks were gauranteed to keep coming despite quiting. i know i wouldnt work without insentive. and most jobs have zero insentive except their paycheck.

so honestly it is true that handing out free paychecks lowers the insentive to work. argueing that is foolish.

being a humanitarian only goes so far before you must help people help themselves instead of living their lives for them.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

GOP types are responsible for a vast amount of the degradation of the Untied States over the last twenty years, mostly owing to the way they have exercised their financial power, and the lack of responsibility they have shown by allowing housing markets and sub prime mortgage problems to become these vast, unmanageable bubbles.

It's not the powerless, the penniless, and those on food stamps who could have stopped that happening, but the friends and employees of big business leaders, rich tycoons, and they failed.

The Republican bloc need to take some damned responsibility for their failures, and stop scapegoating those who have no power to defend themselves.

Amen brother, but Dems need to step up and fix whats broken regardless of who broke what, or as moms would say your room isn't gonna clean itself.
edit on 17-7-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: pryingopen3rdeye

What an inexperienced attitude. We are retired with a good, steady income. We are just as busy now as we ever were. We babysit grandchildren, chauffeur, loan money, rescue missions, garden, and sell scrap metal for extra. People who just want to sit at home are mentally deficient, not the average american.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: pryingopen3rdeye
not that i support the message. but i do wonder. how many people here would quit working if their paychecks were gauranteed to keep coming despite quiting. i know i wouldnt work without insentive. and most jobs have zero insentive except their paycheck.

so honestly it is true that handing out free paychecks lowers the insentive to work. argueing that is foolish.

being a humanitarian only goes so far before you must help people help themselves instead of living their lives for them.

I for one wouldn't stop working, I'd be bored to death I would need to do something.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

So it is better to be dependent on government?

I guess I'm missing the insult here. . . . .

Non is saying that, most folks on assistance would rather live independent lives and one can fall unexpectedly for a number of reasons but comparing them to animals and talk about them as if they were vermins that's the insult.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Oklahoma’s Republican Party shared a viral Facebook post comparing food stamp recipients to wild animals.

“The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing this year the greatest amount of free Meals and Food Stamps ever, to 46 million people,” the group posted Monday on its official Facebook page, reported the International Business Times.

“Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us ‘Please Do Not Feed the Animals,’” the group’s post continued. “Their stated reason for the policy is because ‘The animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.’ Thus ends today’s lesson in irony #OKGOP”
www.rawstory.com...

Pls go on to klik the link.
As more Americans find themselves in dire straights the GOP's response is worst than Marie Antoinette's LET THEM EAT CAKE! I am not saying all is good and glorious with the Dems who may not do much more than a half assed attempt at addressing the issue of poverty, but rarely do they go out of their way to mock the poor, If any of you out there have received assistance at some point in your lives then they are comparing you to animals.
Who are these Animals?? alot of needy Vets that gave limbs and wounded minds in service of nation, some would say oil wars, the elderly and off course children, and get this sense of irony.

Andre Bauer, then South Carolina’s lieutenant governor, compared food stamp recipients to stray animals in 2010 and suggested cutting their benefits so they would be less likely to “breed.”

These are the same types that is so gung ho about any kind of family planning or birth control..GOP leaders keep mocking the poor it's not as if revolutionary France and Russia did not took place in history.

He does have a point, although not exactly phrased in a PC manner. What you subsidized you get more of and quite often programs do create a culture of dependency.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Echo007
I have no problems with people receiving food stamps or welfare, what drives me up a wall is people having babies after babies while receiving food stamps or welfare checks. They become a huge burden on the system.

This video below is a perfect example

www.youtube.com...

These poor women are damned if they have babies, and they are damned if they have abortions. God forbid they have sex at all. Poverty sucks.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a lot of those food stamp recipients are working, and well they aren't getting full benefits, the benefits might be as low as $20-$30 dollars. it's quite possible that they pay more in taxes that they are getting back. so one could say that they are just reclaiming some of the money that the government took so they could continue eating and working so that the gov't can get their money next year.

by the way here's the eligibility numbers for food stamps.

www.fns.usda.gov...

maybe instead of demonizing people who are working (and maybe earning over $2,000 a month, after all a family of three is a reasonable size), maybe they should ask themselves just what they can do to bring the cost of living down and bring the danged economy into something that is a little more balanced?

and well, if they want their little store clerks in the stores checking out their groceries and stocking the shelves and doing all those other just not worth the cost to keep them alive jobs, they need to ask themselves just how would they like these employees, which seem to be positions just about all of us enjoy the services of, to live! It seems there aren't that many choices out there is there...either those big corporations pay them enough to keep them living and breathing, or well, the gov't does it... the only other alternative is that we run through the lower wage workforce, watching them drop dead because of poverty till we run out and there's no one to do the job.

companies that have most of their workforce on gov't programs shouldn't get tax credits and other perks from our government....they are getting their tax credit, in the form of our gov't's welfare system.

employees that are receiving gov't should be required to sit down with a financial counselor and figure out first, ways to cut their expenses down, and then estimate how much they would need to earn an hour to make it without the assistance. Then they should be required to look for a job that will provide them with that amount..... and encouraged to use their employer as a reference. Assure them that it's okay if they fail to find this dream job, but they have to at least make an effort to.

then the gov't should make it quite illegal to fire an employee or harass them for seeking another position while employed. Nor can the employee be reprimanded if they take off work for job interviews occasionally.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

In many local clinics birth control is freely available. It may not always be in the form you would like (condoms versus the pill or what have you) but it is available and free.

Otherwise, a little self control can go a long way as well...

Unless one becomes pregnant through an act of rape, there is a choice on whether or not to engage in activity that can result in a child. This isn't magic. If you have sex without birth control, there is a chance of becoming pregnant. Sometimes you wonder if people understand how reproduction works...

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc
another way to look at it is that what you subsidize you enable employers and industries to exploit!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: BomSquad

Yeah, clinics like that evil, horrible, terrible, Planned Parenthood that is supposedly committing black genocide...

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

So would even most people who are dependent on government agree with this?

They aren't dependent because they want to be.

Only those who enjoy the dependence might feel insulted.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: Spider879

Oklahoma’s Republican Party shared a viral Facebook post comparing food stamp recipients to wild animals.

“The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing this year the greatest amount of free Meals and Food Stamps ever, to 46 million people,” the group posted Monday on its official Facebook page, reported the International Business Times.

“Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us ‘Please Do Not Feed the Animals,’” the group’s post continued. “Their stated reason for the policy is because ‘The animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.’ Thus ends today’s lesson in irony #OKGOP”
www.rawstory.com...

Pls go on to klik the link.
As more Americans find themselves in dire straights the GOP's response is worst than Marie Antoinette's LET THEM EAT CAKE! I am not saying all is good and glorious with the Dems who may not do much more than a half assed attempt at addressing the issue of poverty, but rarely do they go out of their way to mock the poor, If any of you out there have received assistance at some point in your lives then they are comparing you to animals.
Who are these Animals?? alot of needy Vets that gave limbs and wounded minds in service of nation, some would say oil wars, the elderly and off course children, and get this sense of irony.

Andre Bauer, then South Carolina’s lieutenant governor, compared food stamp recipients to stray animals in 2010 and suggested cutting their benefits so they would be less likely to “breed.”

These are the same types that is so gung ho about any kind of family planning or birth control..GOP leaders keep mocking the poor it's not as if revolutionary France and Russia did not took place in history.

He does have a point, although not exactly phrased in a PC manner. What you subsidized you get more of and quite often programs do create a culture of dependency.

No Doc but any civilized society usually find a way to help the less fortunate instead of cursing and damning them, again I am willing to bet that very few people want food stamps it is one of need not of want and again are there people who cheat and abuse the system yes but those who are prone to do so are about 1% yes that's still 1% too many but , to malign the majority them or shame them is uncalled for..and if I were to stretch a bit there could very well be calls for sterilization of the poor next.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I sincerly hope that no one who has, or will ever, vote for a Republican is in a position to have to recieve food stamps in order to feed their kids.
But, it would be nice to know some of the Republican Party offficials and candidates were in that position for a few months. May be they would get a little education in reality.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: BomSquad

Yeah, clinics like that evil, horrible, terrible, Planned Parenthood that is supposedly committing black genocide...

I think planned parenthood doesnt discriminate they kill all babies reguardless of race, however they may have a few more branches in the African American. Doesnt mean that they are only after African American babies. In some states they are banned. . . . . I will let you guess on the demographics. . . .

edit on 17-7-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer
or they might feel that here they are doing the best they can, heck some might have even spent years building what at the time they first started building to be a very sound career, and yet, they are just animals because they need help from the gov't after the gov't rigged the laws so the business sector could ship their jobs overseas, heck sometimes they bribed the dang companies with tax credits for doing it!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join