It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans can’t stop comparing food stamp recipients to wild animals on Facebook

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Harte

I don't care what the Bible says and I'm not discussing the how to's and what if's of welfare...

I'm staying on topic, talking about people dehumanising humans!

What are you talking about?

I'm talking about this:

These are the same people who cry that All Lives Matter...
Not only willing to hijack a movement, but equally abhorrent, contradicting their hijacking by not even following through with the empathy they proclaim that they have...

If you don't mean the religious when you say "These are the same people," then what are you talking about?

Harte

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Wow this is political mudslinging at it's best. I receive food stamps myself. I didn't want them but I've had a lot of problems the last few years and they've really helped me out. If there was an easy way for me to stop using them such as actually getting a decent job with the two degrees I have I'd do it in a heartbeat. These politicians just say whatever and hope they don't get crucified by their constituents, what a joke.

edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum because: Spelling and structure.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

It wasn't a religious/Christian bash attempt, Harte...

I just noticed a trend of the people who enter blacklivesmatter debates and spout off alllivesmatter like some sort of social justice warrior...
It's usually the same people who enter welfare threads contradicting the alllivesmatter mantra by spouting far right influenced disquisitions that welfare recipients are nothing but useless eaters and now wild animals.

Apologies if what I said appeared to be a dig at Christians, that wasn't my intention fella.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
This may have been said already (haven't read the long thread) but in the U.S. the food stamp program is a corporate welfare program. People don't get money, they get a form of voucher (card, real paper, etc.) and this voucher is paid to grocery stores and other retail outlets to buy corporate products. All the money goes to these corporations.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

It wasn't a religious/Christian bash attempt, Harte...

I just noticed a trend of the people who enter blacklivesmatter debates and spout off alllivesmatter like some sort of social justice warrior...
It's usually the same people who enter welfare threads contradicting the alllivesmatter mantra by spouting far right influenced disquisitions that welfare recipients are nothing but useless eaters and now wild animals.

Apologies if what I said appeared to be a dig at Christians, that wasn't my intention fella.

I'm not exactly religious myself, so I don't mean to imply any insult on your part.
And, like you, I've noticed that the large majority of people here, and in the world in general, are full of sheet.

I'll take it, then, that the post I quoted was actually a berating of (apparent) hypocrisy, given that most Christians don't do what the Bible instructs them to do for the poor.

I'm no expert on this, but I would think that having a government safety net program actually opens the door wider to the opportunity for sin (in terms of not helping the poor) from a Christian point of view, all people being imperfect and all.

That is, you can't get any "credit" from your God if you simply let the government handle this, based on what the Bible says anyway.

Harte

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

i am working toward a masters in psychology, not my point. my personal life was not what i was commenting on, i was commenting on what i have seen regarding people i have gone to high school with and people in my family.

wow nice to see the assumption.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

AND it should be mentioned that this card is operated by Wells Fargo, who gets a cut of every transaction made with one of those cards.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Republicans can’t stop comparing food stamp recipients to wild animals on Facebook

And no matter how many times I see it I laugh!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

The GOProfit doesn't understand the true purpose of welfare.

The true purpose of welfare is to pacify the population and prevent violent upheavals. No welfare(and foodball lol)= more riots,coup attempts,terrorism, violent crime etc.

A fed sheeple is a docile sheeple is a obedient sheeple. Always.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

boy you sure dont know what your saying do you, wanna talk about an inexperienced attitude? would you clean the # out of some strangers #ter for free? would you do it ten times a day for life? what about sewage repair? would you trudge through underground drainage pipes flowing with the waste of a city all for free?

there are many dirty dirty jobs in this world and there are damn near ZERO people who would do them for free. if you really think all the job roles in this planet could be filled with no incentive you are the foolish inexperienced one.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: pryingopen3rdeye

Sorry, senior citizen here. Can you refresh my memory of what I said?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Actually the true reason for welfare is buying votes plain and simple as told to me a Democrat politician a while back. To more or less quote him" We don't really give the voters anything but free food and they vote for us and we make lots of money in office". We keep the handouts up and they keep voting us in. No jobs just free stuff.

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join