It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans can’t stop comparing food stamp recipients to wild animals on Facebook

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718

He gets really sick of eating fish.

2nd

(edit to add) That is only if he can afford his fishing license.
edit on 17-7-2015 by wastedown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: Gryphon66

So this is about Christians now?

Way to try to derail the thread.

Are you saying that religious beliefs should be excluded from our discussions? I disagree. First Amendment and all.

Or at least the spirit of it.

The sense of charity is exactly on topic here. A majority of Republican politicians can't invoke enough "god" into every move they make, claiming that god told them to do this or that. They also claim, almost to a person, that their Christian faith informs their legislative judgments.

Off topic? Come now. It's a vital aspect of this discussion. Sorry you don't approve.

OTOH, the left can't get over themselves about eliminating God from the conversation--unless it is Al Sharpton or Father Pflager.

I don't give a crap what Jesus would do--he did not nor does exist.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: neo96

I think when you say "evolution" what you really mean is Social Darwinism.

Damned straight.

Adapt, improvise, overcome--that is how one exists.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: hammanderr

Federal bailouts, stimulus, quantitative easing.....

That is illogical--that the wrong action in one hand justifies the wrong action in the other.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I don't understand what the problem is with this comparison. It's unfortunately accurate. I'm not saying all people on welfare act like animals, or that all of them are abusing the system, but for the most part they aren't utilizing the amazing gift that mother nature has given us; our brain. Many people are behaving like wild animals who cannot deviate from their memorized routine.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
What about wild animals who can no longer feed themselves due to the Republicans who have come in with bulldozers and backhoes and destroyed their homes and their food chains to build golf courses and Mc Mansions? I mean, they really would like to go back to hunting their own food and going about their lives. Kinda hard to do when there's no trees left to nest in, no rabbits or bugs to hunt, no dens or caves to mate and raise your young in.

If you destroy their lives and livelihood to the point where there is no means to feed themselves, you can't really bitch when they come foraging on your golf course and tearing their your trash.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Happy to say Democrats do that too It's just progress. I mean they have been voting for them for 50 years and you see the progress!!! HAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!

edit on 17-7-2015 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
What about wild animals who can no longer feed themselves due to the Republicans who have come in with bulldozers and backhoes and destroyed their homes and their food chains to build golf courses and Mc Mansions? I mean, they really would like to go back to hunting their own food and going about their lives. Kinda hard to do when there's no trees left to nest in, no rabbits or bugs to hunt, no dens or caves to mate and raise your young in.

If you destroy their lives and livelihood to the point where there is no means to feed themselves, you can't really bitch when they come foraging on your golf course and tearing their your trash.

LOL. I guess you've missed out in the McMansions and habitat destruction by Democratic enclaves such as in Maryland, Califirnia, NY. The rural areas with all that habitat for the critters tends to be in conservative areas in the evil flyover states with urban sprawl being more liberal.
edit on 17-7-2015 by NavyDoc because: Spelling

edit on 17-7-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: rupertg

Hey, It feels good to villanize the poor.

'LOL' food stamps is CORPORATE SUBSIDIES.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: sycomix

I didn't miss any point. You claimed that the "Texas job market is really good and has been for well over 30 years."

I simply showed statistics that clearly show that while it may be "really good" for some, it is not for all.

Your suggestion that anyone who isn't participating in the boom is unwilling to work, a lazy sack of flop, or without skills, is not unexpected.

The rest of your post is standard ideological cant.

Oh, and remember, the bible says that "Pride goeth before destruction."

Best,
edit on 16Fri, 17 Jul 2015 16:26:30 -050015p042015766 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Way to slam the Democrats and Jesus at the same time Doc!

You are truly a sword that cuts both ways.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I understand that any situation, particularly a State and economy the size of Texas, is much more complex than a few words can examine.

Screw the stats? I know and respect that you are a businessman who knows what he's talking about, but ... Texas is a pretty big place.

Are you saying that the problem plaguing the whole state is Katrina refugees?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: sycomix
a reply to: Spider879

If you want to eat there are ways that dont involve charity, Work is a good way to start, failing that, hunting, fishing, or a garden. If your hungry go get food. I work to feed my children and myself, not lazy loafs of crap. There are times when I fall short on a pay check, you know what I do, go kill a wild pig and cook the damned thing, squirrels, rabbits, lots of food out there for people who remember we are in fact the apex freaking predator. Hunt, Fish, Farm or Die. Simple right?

It's such a shame you can't see which finger I'm holding up. I lived in a major metropolitan area that tanked hard after everything imploded, hemorrhaged jobs out the backside. The region as a whole is only just beginning to recover. In our most financially difficult period, tell me exactly where I was supposed to hunt again? You can't fish off the majority of bridges, it's illegal. It's not like I could have walked up to the waterfront & plunked a line in on the sly, the rich have beachfront homes & you're not allowed to trespass their private beaches. Fish the rivers and canals instead,you say? Do you have ANY idea how goddamn filthy the canals & rivers in urban Florida ARE? Where we used to live is an effing CITY, what land animals was I supposed to hunt again? Not that it was legal within city limits anyway. Didn't have a car, so it's not like we could have gone out to the boondocks and hunted there, either, not to mention we couldn't have possibly afforded the hunting weapon in the first place. Go to the food banks & churches you say? HA. Utterly overwhelmed and not enough donations received, more people had to be turned away during the height of that time than were helped. Grow our own food instead you say? You may not do that where we lived. Their rules, not ours. Grow inside if you cannot grow outside you say? That was not allowed, either. Not to mentioned where in the freaking hell was I supposed to accomplish that in an extremely small rental anyway? Pee on a tree outside & use the bathroom as a greenhouse? Get real.

Farm, fish or hunt is NOT applicable when you're urban. We used food stamps for a time because it was extremely difficult to make enough to make ends meet.And I'm not apologizing to you for it. Get off your high horse.
edit on 7/17/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/17/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I hope you guys don't vote these folk in.
As an outsider it amazes me that the screw you jack I'm doing fine attitude is very much alive and well in the USA.
We are supossed to live in a society which looks after the poor and those who need help...well thats what I have always been taught.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I'm consistent. I don't believe in either, my friend. Although at least there is objective definable evidence that democrats do indeed exist, unlike Jesus.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

I'm consistent. I don't believe in either, my friend. Although at least there is objective definable evidence that democrats do indeed exist, unlike Jesus.

I hear you, I'm not overly fond of 'em myself ... but in my mind, which I'm sure is something like the calculation that you've made ... they're better than the alternative.

Too bad we can't exist without political parties at all. If only we had listened to President Washington.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

I hear you, I'm not overly fond of 'em myself ... but in my mind, which I'm sure is something like the calculation that you've made ... they're better than the alternative.

Too bad we can't exist without political parties at all. If only we had listened to President Washington.

I definitely can give you that last bit. Well said.

link   

I like Jesus though he could turn water in to wine, and feed the masses. All without having to rob from peter to pay for paul.

Unlike our 'benevolent' government.
edit on 17-7-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

As a businessman, one thing I have learned: there is never a silver bullet/single ansewr for a complex issue.

Katrina created one problem for us. Getting hit with Rita (and taking care of our own when they were left as refugees) right after Katrina sure hurt.

But what really did it was the thousands upon thousands of headless corpses that were being piled on the border, and all the people who just vanished in Mexico. What caused that? The Sinaloa cartel fighting with Los Zetas for turf. Who are they? The Zetas were the power structure. The Sinaloa...was invented and armed by the CIA for the purpose of controlling the drug trade through Mexico.

Meanwhile any attempts of the people to patrol the border has been met with threats from Washington.

I say "screw the stats" because they are invalid. Hispanic folks are counted as "caucasian", and illegals may or may not be included in the stats. There just is no way of knowing. But i can guarantee you this: there is absolutely an increase of non-American latin folks running around here near the border over the last several years.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Thanks for the info! It's such a joy to read fact-based material here.

So, the influx of refugees (from storms as well as the Cartel Wars) comprises the demographic basis of those stats?

That's the problem with them? That makes some sense.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join