It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans can’t stop comparing food stamp recipients to wild animals on Facebook

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

You do know that if you did that, eventually either they would reamass all that wealth or someone else will? It's just the way things work.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Republicans can’t stop comparing food stamp recipients to wild animals on Facebook

Ah whats wrong wit that ?

Stating the truth hard for the 'progressives'.

First food stamp supporters say 'Don't feed the animals at zoos'. Because it creates dependency to where the animals can never return to the wild.'

Turns around, and creates a multibillion dollar crony capitalist system that makes JP Morgan richer making billions off those cards. Makes the Monsanto's billions of dollars with their GMO food.

But hey the damn evil GOP!!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikeone718 If you teach a man to fish...

... he'll soon over-fish until there are no fish left.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Wealth redistribution is a quick fix to many problems, and the mere mention of it stokes the masses on one side of the political spectrum. Funny that Soros or Gates are never mentioned in the same context--only the evil Koch Bros...

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Facebook memes are the new wild west of political trolling. Over half of the political memes I see are fake, attributing quotes to people that never said them or using woefully inaccurate statistics. Most, however, don't even use any facts and just go for low blows.

This is reality today. Memes. We can't take the time to think of something meaningful to say, so we let a picture and a few words do it for us. It's sad, pathetic, and disappointing. If you have to resort to trading memes, you've intellectually lost the argument in my book.

Just say no to memes.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

But neo, their feelings were hurt.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

My wallet hurts it has too many mouths to feed.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

My soul hurts there are to many people starving.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

If I was hungry, dependent on government aid, it would be in my best interests to move, look for work, do anything to make my lot in life better.

I could sit back and blame everyone for all that had befallen me, or I could take responsibility for my life and actively do something about it.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I wonder if that is because people just let the government take care of it instead of taking food over to their neighbors themselves.

My soul doesn't since I don't support guaranteeing them evil corps $$$.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Ah whats wrong wit that ?

Stating the truth hard for the 'progressives'.

First food stamp supporters say 'Don't feed the animals at zoos'. Because it creates dependency to where the animals can never return to the wild.'

Turns around, and creates a multibillion dollar crony capitalist system that makes JP Morgan richer making billions off those cards. Makes the Monsanto's billions of dollars with their GMO food.

But hey the damn evil GOP!!!!

What in the hell is this common sense reply? We are all supposed be feigning Outrage because the department mentioned had to do with wildlife for a comparison of hypocrisy.

Don't look at any words in the OP except Welfare Recipients are Animals according to the GOP. The content, intent, and context of the actual story is irrelevant.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Right I forgot were all suppose to feign outrage about what the GOP says.

My bad for not running with the herd.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer
yes, move to texas, or north dakota, or where ever they are telling you the hot job market is this month!
in the 80's it was texas, the employment commission was actually encouraging people to go there, there was jobs!! and well at the beginning some did find jobs, but no one sent a memo to the employment commissions when the oil economy sunk and the jobs dried up. so well, we had all these people coming to find no jobs.... soon there was tent cities, oh that was good ole times! ever think that at least where they are they might have family to help them out with child care, or at least have a job, even though it doesn't pay enough to support their family? oh ya, leave all that behind to strike out and head to the next big thing!!! it's a gamble, and maybe you will win! but well many lose also.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I'd gladly lower my standard of living if that means someone else's could be elevated a little.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I'd gladly lower my standard of living if that means someone else's could be elevated a little.

Not me.

Since the bulk of that money gets blown on senseless stuff.

Bridges to nowhere, 'war's. Crony capitalist programs that say 'corporate products are human rights'.

I actually do believe in evolution instead of paying lip service to it.

After all we 'humans' are suppose to be at the top of the food chain.

What I sure don't believe in is government programs and social engineering trying to change the environment to suit the mediocre.

Every single person has the ability, and capacity to adapt to their surroundings. That is after all how we got that monkier ' Top of the food chain'.

Think it's time people, and a certain political party start proving they believe in the evolutionary process instead of mocking the right for their so called 'disbelief'.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

See first you have it all wrong. You said "people" I assume you mean humans?

Everybody knows welfare for corporations and the rich = good
Welfare for the downtrodden and working poor = bad.

I'm sure it's written somewhere in the bible.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

the top of the food chain at the current time consists of a bunch of people who probably can't do their own grocery shopping, haven't driven themselves to their destination in years, or do their own cooking. they don't know what physical labor is except it's something that they delegate to someone else. and well if things went south and society collapsed they are so confident that they would survive that they have built luxury underground shelters to hide in.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

the top of the food chain at the current time consists of a bunch of people who probably can't do their own grocery shopping, haven't driven themselves to their destination in years, or do their own cooking. they don't know what physical labor is except it's something that they delegate to someone else. and well if things went south and society collapsed they are so confident that they would survive that they have built luxury underground shelters to hide in.

Talking about our politicians right ?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
no I am not only talking about the politicians, matter of fact, they aren't even at the top of the food chain.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Is anyone else's heart warmed by all the Christian charity on evidence in this thread?

I know mine is.

Or maybe that's heartburn.

Hmmmmm ....

(PS: Please don't bother to go into why Jesus wouldn't want us to help the poor, the widows, the needy children. That's a lie.)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join