It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura, In His Own Words: Will You Stand With Me Against Big Media?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Shucks thanks ( looks down humbly and kicks a stone)

During the time he served. I think you first had to become an underwater demolition technician and then a seal.

Jesse did some very brave hard and truly patriotic things. What I can't understand about this whole mess is. I would expect him to have understanding for a breaved family especially when a fellow service member who also suffered from his time spent at war died trying to help other service man with the same problems .

I mean my God I can state unequivocally there is not one military member that has not bragged in a bar and found himself stuck defending the bravado .

To Jessie ........

Jesus Christ dude. The guy was running his mouth and it has been shown he was bull#ting. You won give it up people believe you. A civil suit won't matter one wit in anybody's opinion. I like you but to me it looks like you are looking for nothing more than personal enrichment at this point .

The military is a family. You've been there you are not fighting the war for the elite or anyone else you're fighting a war for a brothers fighting in the holes on either side of you . Show a little empathy and respect before I lose all respect I have for you.

edit on 16-7-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

The book should be either banned or re-labelled as fiction. JV initially asked for an apology and a retraction, but neither the estate or the publisher would agree to it and pushed for a cash settlement because they knew it would benefit them in the long run.

So ask yourself, if someone you never met before in your life published a New York Times best seller with blatant lies about YOU, knowingly dragging your reputation through the mud just so they could make a dollar off your name, what would you do? Of course I stand with the victim of this smear campaign, if they can do it to him, who's next? Maybe the Kyle's will write a memoir about how they seen Ron Paul giving titty twisters to babies. The skies the limit.

Like I said before, if Chris Kyle was alive nobody here would give a @#$%. It's almost as if people are hating on Jesse just to feel good about themselves, and believe me Kyle's family is far from needing your charity.
edit on 16-7-2015 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
32nd

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

it's the whole decency thing you don't understand. I agree with everything you said with the exception of the widow and children .

His reputation is repaired he has been vindicated . And I've been saying throughout this thread what I would do. I would take the money from the insurance and publisher to cover my expenses and then wish his widow and children a apology for the stance he needed to take and his condolences to the family .

If you haven't checked opinions around the world most of them concur with A version of mine .

Jesse has repaired the damage to his reputation. But now he is in the process of screwing up his reputation all on his own .

The seals won't let him around any reunions does that tell you anything?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Yeah, you know what, and this is addressed to Jesse or, probably in the real world, one of Jesse's assistants assigned to read this thread just in case anyone on Jesse's end actually does read it, if you (or he, meaning Jesse, see OP) are losing a good percentage of this crowd, the ATS posters, yikes, time to accept a moral victory over the lies told in the book and let it go at that. Pursuing any financial grasp on the family, no matter how wrong the author was, looks like piling on, and if it looks like piling on to us just imagine the hit your rep might take within a wider audience. Time to declare victory, move on, and look the better for it.

edit on 16-7-2015 by Aleister because: spelling

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

I would think Jesse would find it hard to stay "off the grid" if he is continually stepping in court houses ?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I don't blame Jesse for not being here, If I was 64 years old and retired in Mexico, I wouldn't spend my free time arguing with trolls in a toxic environment like ATS. But everyone has the right to make a thread.

And if making 10 minute vlogs in your basement 3-4 times a week for your own website is considered "big media" then damn, I guess we are all celebrities.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
If you haven't checked opinions around the world most of them concur with A version of mine .

I'll take your word for it since your the expert and foremost authority on this case, because you apparently travel the world getting most peoples opinions on it. OK bud lol.

If this is true, all it tells me is that they have a biker gang mentality like most military clubs. It doesn't matter if one of your own broke the rules and did you wrong, if you go public about it your kicked out of the club.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

I'll take your word for it since your the expert and foremost authority on this case, because you apparently travel the world getting most peoples opinions on it. OK bud lol.

If this is true, all it tells me is that they have a biker gang mentality like most military clubs. It doesn't matter if one of your own broke the rules and did you wrong, if you go public about it your kicked out of the club.

Never claimed to be the foremost expert on this case. But as I stated earlier I apparently have some qualities that are lacking in you empathy, logic, common sense and decency .

No I believe it's more total disdain for the grief and anguish that is being perpetrated upon a widow . Like I said the military is a family and when you see someone attacking your family. It's pretty much a unanimous agreement when somebody acts like Snidely Whiplash you treat them as such .

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

a reply to: notmyrealname

I understand how lawsuits work intimately. I have been through major suits through my businesses . If Kyle was alive I would have a different opinion. And if you know anything about lawsuits this judgment does not mean it's over.

In my opinion Jesse is losing support from people for including a dead man's wife and children in his lawsuit .

I'm sorry to disagree with you but you apparently don't understand how lawsuits work in the unusual situation where the defendant dies before the case comes to trial. In that situation the case is directed toward the estate of the defendant because it is a civil suit, not a criminal suit. When the administrator of the estate is appointed, the case is that administrator's responsibility.
There are millions of dollars at stake in this case. A goodly portion of those dollars came after the liar came on national tv and radio and claimed he had given Jesse a beating because Jesse had dissed service personnel.

Why on earth would he refuse the money from the estate? Ms. Kyle refused to admit that her husband was a liar and accepted the ill-gotten gains.
There's a legal term for that but at the moment it escapes me but it is the same as in the Madoff case. The suit against Picower didn't go away when he died. His estate was ordered to pay up---at least the administrator of his estate had the good sense to settle ---same as Kyle's estate will have to forfeit or disgorge the money made by lies and deception. Did you feel the same pain for Picower's family? They had to give up $2.7 billion.

Please explain to me how it would be fair and just for that family to profit at Jesse's expense.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

I'm sorry to disagree with you but you apparently don't understand how lawsuits work in the unusual situation where the defendant dies before the case comes to trial. In that situation the case is directed toward the estate of the defendant because it is a civil suit, not a criminal suit.

Ya think.

thanks for explaining something everyone on this thread already knew .

Why on earth would he refuse the money from the estate? Ms. Kyle refused to admit that her husband was a liar and accepted the ill-gotten gains.

Why on earth would you confront a grieving widow with the statement demanding she says her husband is a thief and a liar ? again it all falls back to that empathy and decency thing many of you seem to be missing .

There's a legal term for that but at the moment it escapes me

I saw that coming ....

Again I'm on the tail end of the lecture and you are short on actual facts .

The suit against Picower didn't go away when he died. His estate was ordered to pay up---

Absolutely not. He wasn't a war hero and a brother in arms to Jesse who lost his life trying to help disabled veterans . Different circumstances and again it's the whole empathy and decent thing to do for a war widow .

Please explain to me how it would be fair and just for that family to profit at Jesse's expense.

You still have it all wrong. It would be fair in just for Jessie to forgo the money. After all he does try to represent a little man fighting for the rights of all people .

To me his proclamation of defending the regular man does not quite fit well with suing widows .

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
At this point for Jesse it's keep doin' what you're doin' and keep gettin' what you're gettin'. Sure there's some idiots here, but all in all we are the epitome of what should be Ventura's audience and we the majority soundly reject him and give our considered reasons why.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
To Whom it May Concern at JesseVentura.com or whatever: Jesse is getting creamed here and taking critical hits. Best pull him out of here. That's truly good advice I believe.

I for one am about to start listing and documenting ALL the reasons he lost my support and respect. Fair warning.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Do you know what? I'm getting tired of repeating myself on this thread.

So I will end my participation with one question addressed directly to Jesse Ventura .

Has anyone else in your life ever claimed to have beat you up and you sued or is this just self-promotion because of the defendant you chose?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

You still have it all wrong. It would be fair in just for Jessie to forgo the money. After all he does try to represent a little man fighting for the rights of all people .

Now you've gone off the rails completely I'm afraid. The legal system exists for redress for wrongs done against us. In this case Jesse is the little guy, one guy fighting a guy who wronged him and subsequently, the guy's widow who gladly accepted the ill-gotten gains.

All that crap about a war hero and brother in arms is pretty much canceled when he is shown to be a liar who will tell tall tales to enhance sales of his books and give him a better chance of getting a movie deal. Now, had he done all that without defaming another brother in arms---his wife might be entitled to reaping the benefits of her husband's lies. But Jesse trusted the justice system and he won when he proved that what the man said was a lie, the entire story was made up from his imagination. And while as Nancy said back a few months ago, "Well, it isn't against the law to lie." it is against the law to lie if you defame another person's reputation. The court wasn't obligated to take either participant's military record into consideration.

I realize it was probably painful for the widow and the children to discover that the man they adored was really a scumbag that was out for cash. I realize it was painful to know that his own arrogance and stupidity led to his death but how is it that keeping ill-gotten gains would change that fact?
Law is not based on feelings. At least it isn't supposed to be...but as we've seen lately, it would seem that the courts are moving in your direction---let's ask everyone how they feel about this and after we've got our feelings sorted out----let the law go by the wayside.

I stand amazed once more.

Do you not understand the premise of his contention that the Big Media outlets who have filed this brief asking for the verdict to be overturned can then direct their attention to anyone---in direct opposition to the law?
What will you do when they decide that you should be defamed so they can profit from lies and deception?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Yeah I bet most people that know me saw this one coming .

Potato

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Do you know what? I'm getting tired of repeating myself on this thread.

So I will end my participation with one question addressed directly to Jesse Ventura .

Has anyone else in your life ever claimed to have beat you up and you sued or is this just self-promotion because of the defendant you chose?

I'll turn your question around---have you (any of you who are sooooo mad at Jesse) ever run for public office? Have you ever stepped out there and put it on the line to try to improve the lives of your fellow citizens? If you haven't, you can't possibly imagine what it is like to go through that, especially when you are NOT a member of either of the major parties.

Furthermore, your statement:

I mean my God I can state unequivocally there is not one military member that has not bragged in a bar and found himself stuck defending the bravado .

is false. And I can state that unequivocally---because I have family members that are vets, have family members that are active duty. They don't do that crap and never have so don't bring all vets down to your level and the level of the scum that wrote that book.

Look, if you roll over and play dead when the Big Media people come after you, you'll get just what you deserve. I'm sorry if you can't see that because you are blinded by the fog of the progressive's feelings on one thing or another.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Is this actually posted by JV or is it some intern or whatever like Hillary Clinton with Twitter. Lol.

And that's rhetorical.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Yes, I've seen that before when you have no logical argument, only your feeling to direct you. Law works on facts. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Are you sure you aren't Jesse. Lol

It's kind of ridiculous that you would think military kids ( and yes most of them are kids ) don't get in bars and bull# . I mean really what planet are you from?

Yep I've been punched in the nose and had many a guys claimed they beat my ass. Yet I never sued one of them and I especially would not of sued their windows .

Hell I can tell by your immaturity. You will later be claiming you busted me in an argument should I sue you?

But if you believe that is just you are entitled to your opinion.

One potato, two potato, three potato four .

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join