It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura, In His Own Words: Will You Stand With Me Against Big Media?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Today I sound off on the latest developments regarding his court battle with "American Sniper" and the Chris Kyle estate. Now he's facing off against media corporations, who are siding with the Kyle estate and want his court win overturned. The issue: these media companies are concerned about the negative impact on their organizations of "unjustified and potentially crippling awards." I'm asking you, vigilant viewers, to stand with me: hold Big Media's feet to the fire.

What these companies are asking for is the ability to defame anyone, and still make a profit from it without paying unjust enrichments. Do you stand with me?

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

You proved your point that should be justification enough.

Chris Kyle was dead , he died doing something you should support as formal military .

Please be happy with your victory and don't take the money from his widow. That would be a better victory for you in the publics eyes .

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesseVentura
Do you stand with me?

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'll take a higher road and simply say "NO."

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 15-7-2015 by burdman30ott6 because: Allowed emotions to get the better of me and I obviously don't think very highly of this character. Apologies for the unprofessionalism.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Please be happy with your victory and don't take the money from his widow.

The widow won't have to pay a dime. The insurance company for the publisher will be the one paying.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Any time someone lies about someone in an attempt to defame them we should consider this verbal assault.

If someone profits off the lie, then the victim should be awarded damages according to the profit made off the lie. Even in the event that a lie is told unintentionally, the victim should maintain the right to seek retribution.

The First Amendment was not intended to protect liars who are verbally assaulting others in an attempt to defame them.

This is a ridiculous waste of our courts time. The court already handed down the correct decision.

edit on 15-7-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Today I sound off on the latest developments regarding his court battle with "American Sniper" and the Chris Kyle estate.

Now he's facing off against media corporations, who are siding with the Kyle estate and want his court win overturned.

Do you stand with me?

Why are you referring to yourself in the fisrt person and then Ventura in the third person?

Are you Jesse Ventura? Or not?

Whichever Jesse you are? No, I won't stand behind you.

Go home.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Wow your a peach Jesse what has happened to you?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

And who are you? I'm not saying Jesse is always right. But he is one of the very few who is taking the initiative by the balls and standing up. It's easy for you to whine into you keyboard behind your alias. Could you put your name forward to the scrutiny of everyone and stand up for the wrongs that are happening under our watch. It's alot easier to put it off for another day.

In this case I'm 100% behind you and will spread the word as best I can. Unfortunately it's the tools of social media which will open the eyes of the ignorant. If there is anything else I can do I'm up for the challenge. At the minute I've had my full share of watching the crap unfold around the world and it's time to put my full effort into making a change for the positive.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
never mind.......
edit on 7 15 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

link   
Is that your opinion or do you have a source? Because it is my understanding insurance does not cover lies.

By the way the lawsuit was filed against the estate .
edit on 15-7-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

link   

Seems to me that a bloviating gasbag who made his fame by being "the villain" in professional wrestling

Does someone have a problem telling something fake from real life?

consistently making outrageous claims against his own government

Yes how dare someone to ask questions and not blindly believe everything the government says.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: liteonit6969

And who are you?

I'm one of the people Jesse Ventura just begged to stand with him. Didn't you read the OP?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Character is "the sum of those qualities of moral excellence which compel a person to do the right thing despite pressure or temptations to the contrary."

USAF
The question stands, who has the character on this topic ?
edit on 15-7-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Didn't we cover this in a previous thread.....didn't we find out you work for big media?

Start replying and you may repair some of the character damage you're doing to yourself here.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6 a slain hero'.

if a long range, risk-free (at the moment of shooting) snipe-shot is heroism, i deserve the VC and a purple heart.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

What these companies are asking for is the ability to defame anyone, and still make a profit from it without paying unjust enrichments. Do you stand with me?

Hilarious.

ESL much? Hermano?

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Ugh, I thought when JesseVentura joined ATS it would be cool cause we could talk and debate with him.

But after the first couple threads I just stopped clicking on them cause they all (from the many I've skimmed through) turn out to be nothing more than an advertisement for his web site.

Don't know why I'm even bothering to post cause I'm pretty sure you just came in to leave your Ad then f#$ed off to never return until you have another Ad ready, so whatever.

I have more to say but what's the point. And I know this post has nothing to do with the topic at hand so Mods delete if need be, I'm just disappointed and ranting.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I have to agree about the MSM. I believe they are the biggest threat to the U.S.

I can't figure you out Jesse.

How is a video from a third party standing with us ?

If you came up with a plan. Then communicated to us directly, I would listen.

Just complaining is what everyone else does.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Nope. You lost me when you basically stated that you did Conspiracy Theory for the $$$ and not as a legitimate investigation of the subjects. (I refer to your AMA thread.)

As the old saw goes: Now that we've established what you are, Madam, we can negotiate the price.

You ARE big media. Just smaller.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
No, I wont stand with someone against Big Media who uses Big Media to promote his own interests and shows.

Jesse Ventura claims to live "Off The Grid" but then does tv interviews several times a month.

He doesn't have the first understanding of the terminology.
edit on 15-7-2015 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join