It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura, In His Own Words: Will You Stand With Me Against Big Media?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
We all need to stand up!

By the way, happy birthday. Its my birthday too!

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I can't force myself to stand with Jesse "the ego" Ventura.

This one's for you boymonkey.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Forget Chris Kyle. Why not start a movement that questions thethe MSM every day BS?
We all know every story has been bastardised just so it will sell. YET WE ALL STILL BUY IT.

And don't think you're not a victim to it. We've 'all' shared something we've seen in the news.

I can't believe everyone is still dumb enough to rely on this 5hit daily. I'm sick of it.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein
a reply to: JesseVentura

Why cripple the widow? You want us to stand with you? I will stand with you if you send me a check...That's apparently what you are in this for in the first place....No?

So you can afford to live off the grid....With internet access, news access, television access, and much, much more....Keep that off the grid life going and take everything from the widow in the meantime....Very charitable indeed!

Cripple the widow? Now that's rich indeed! She's made millions off her dead husband and you go all "poor thing" on her plight? That money was made from lies told by her husband on national tv and radio.
If some scumbag came out on one of the Big Six stations and told lies about you would you sit there and take it? Would you simply drop it because the scumbag was stupid enough to hand a loaded gun to a nutjob and get himself murdered? Does that change the fact that he defamed an Jesse Ventura and a judge and jury saw that quite plainly in the trial and awarded him damages?
Jumping Jehoshaphat! I never knew death absolved one of crimes committed. Do bank robbers' families get to keep their loot? Let me tell you something---defamation of character is far more hurtful than the theft of money. If you don't understand that, I suggest you might be short on the issue of character. So if you want to line up with all the msm that are long on spin and short on truth, get in line but you'll have to leave your critical thinking abilities at the door because they subscribe to the BIG LIE theory.
There---I've said it and it isn't pretty at all but it is my opinion.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: Greathouse

Please be happy with your victory and don't take the money from his widow.

The widow won't have to pay a dime. The insurance company for the publisher will be the one paying.

Wrong again, the insurance only covers the defamation part of the judgment .

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I wonder what a bear sandwich tastes like? I went to my mailbox today, it had some bills in it. Then I came in for a coffee.

The phone rang, but it was the wrong number.

I wish my hair was made of cheese.

What's that?? This has nothing to do with the Op?? Well neither does Jesse.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

No it isn't, and its not social media that's been reporting on it, which is insulting because the link I gave is not a social media site. And how would you know anyway? Apparently you have no idea how the money from the suit is being paid out and only assume the widow is paying for it all. So all of this is your opinion, which is not based in any facts, just assumptions. According to Ventura, monies will be paid out by the publishers insurance and also the estate and he knows this because he has the paper work that says so. Now how it's all paid out in the end is up the estate and the publisher so it really all lies in their hands.

At the end of the day, even if the estate fronted the entire bill of 1.8ish million dollars the widow would still be a millionaire, but the estate is not paying all 1.8 million and thats just the facts.
edit on 15-7-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

As of now, 500,000.00 is covered by insurance but when I read about his years ago it was reported insurance would pay the majority. Either way, you just proved yourself wrong and the estate isn't paying the full bill.
edit on 15-7-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

No it isn't, and its not social media that's been reporting on it, which is insulting because the link I gave is not a social media site. And how would you know anyway? Apparently you have no idea how the money from the suit is being paid out and only assume the widow is paying for it all. So all of this is your opinion, which is not based in any facts, just assumptions. According to Ventura, monies will be paid out by the publishers insurance and also the estate and he knows this because he has the paper work that says so. Now how it's all paid out in the end is up the estate and the publisher so it really all lies in their hands.

At the end of the day, even if the estate fronted the entire bill of 1.8ish million dollars the widow would still be a millionaire, but the estate is not paying all 1.8 million and thats just the facts.

OK I understand now. The source you gave me as proof is not a good source now because it doesn't back your opinion.

Go figure ??

I also forgot to take into account that you can predict how the settlement is structured 10 to 20 years down the line.

Myself I just don't approve of suing widows and orphans maybe it's just me?
edit on 15-7-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

What are you talking about? The source is fine, it clearly states the insurance will pay into the suit which is something you claimed you couldn't find any information about even though you tried soooo hard. Took me seconds. Half a million dollars is a lot of money and if the estate has to pay for the rest so be it since it made a lot of money riding off of Chris Kyles lies about Ventura. As I've said, the widow is still a millionaire thanks to those lies but Ventura's reputation and relationships have forever been damaged so she can be a millionaire. But shes the victim, right?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

What I'm talking about is your original claim that the insurance company would pay everything. When in fact that is not true. The majority of the money will be paid from the estate.

To Jesse......

If the suit is over principal instead of self-enrichment. Deny the money in favor of the widow or donate all the money to causes that are spouted by you the OP.

If you are to do neither it would appear that you are only seeking selfenrichment .

To sum up my position practice what you preach Jesse Ventura . Deny or donate anything you receive. But to stick it in your pocket put's you in the same boat with the politicians you hate .

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Yeah okay, clearly I was wrong but that's because when I read about this years ago that was plan but as time goes on things change. What didn't change is the fact the insurance company is still paying into the lawsuit which you claimed was just my opinion.

The estate made over 6 million dollars and counting. Fun fact about the proceeds from the book, according to the estate the proceeds would be donated to fallen soldiers families but did that happen? Let's take a look.

harpercollins.tumblr.com...

American Sniper was on the bestseller list for 22 weeks, 7 of those weeks at #1. Chris’s second book, American Gun, is scheduled to be published in May, but we are reviewing details this week. It was an honor to help share Chris’s story of service and faith with the world. Those of us who worked with Chris truly respected and liked him deeply. He dedicated his life in recent years to supporting veterans and donated the proceeds of American Sniper to the families of his fallen friends. He deserves our deepest respect. Our prayers are with his family.

www.nationalreview.com...

July 30, 2014

Read more at: www.nationalreview.com...
Consider what Kyle’s publisher wrote after his tragic passing: “He dedicated his life in recent years to supporting veterans and donated the proceeds of American Sniper to the families of his fallen friends” (italics mine). An article in the Blaze definitively proclaimed: “A perfect reflection of his character, Kyle gave all proceeds from his best-selling book American Sniper to the families of soldiers killed in combat” (italics mine). Or this line from a Human Events article: “For American Sniper, Kyle donated the profits from that book to charity.” Kyle himself perpetuated this idea, telling the same proceeds-went-to-charity tale to the Texas News Service and even adding that he regularly received tearful calls and letters of thanks.

And now for the kicker: It isn’t true. Out of the staggering $3 million that American Sniper collected in royalties for Kyle, only $52,000 actually went to the families of fallen servicemen. (Rather than 100 percent of the proceeds, as the public was led to believe, try 2 percent!) While Kyle’s widow claimed, in her testimony, that they never intended to profit from the book, and “wanted” to donate the money to other veterans, she said they were weren’t able to because of — get this! — “gift-tax laws that prevented them from donating more than $13,000 each to two families last year.

” When Ventura’s attorney asked why they did not simply create a nonprofit (standard practice) to be able to give away the money without gift-tax concerns, Kyle said she had not had the time to set up such a nonprofit. Separately, she noted: “We are trying to find the right places and not just throw it away.”

Let's see if she continues to donate her estate to charity.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I have no idea who will actually write the check but here is the actual document affirming the judgement.
www.nolapatent.com...
In the conclusion it specifically states that:

Based on the foregoing, IT IS ORDERED that the jury’s verdicts are ADOPTED by the Court as its own. IT IS FURTHER ORDERED , ADJUDGED, AND DECREED , pursuant to Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 58(b), that Plaintiff Jesse Ventura recover of Defendant Taya Kyle, as the Executor of the Estate of Chris Kyle, the sum of $ 1,845,477.25 comprising $5 00 ,000 .00 in defamation damages and $ 1,345,477.25 in unjust enrichment .

Just as the Madoff scheme was based on lies and deception and had to forfeit the ill-gotten gain, this family must pay for the lies of the author. The difference in this case is that one man was defamed when the lying braggart went on national media with his lies, increasing sales of the book, thus his ill-gotten gains at the expense of the reputation of Jesse Ventura. (See the facts in the transcript linked above.)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Yeah okay, clearly I was wrong

Regardless of your rationalization. For that statement alone my opinion of you went up immeasurably thanks .

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Well thank you, it's okay to admit a mistake, that's just life, but regardless the widow will be just fine from book and movie royalties all thanks to her husbands lies so let's stop pretending she and her children are victims here because they are anything but that. They're victims because some lunatic murdered Chris Kyle, not because Jesse sued the publisher and the estate.

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Here's the deal big fella, drop the BS and realize that when it comes to ATS membership you are dealing with folks equally or more switched on than you in all things conspiracy.

So, NO, I will not stand with you, but I do invite you to start your own actual account here and join us in fighting the good fight.

Until then, you're off my grid.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

This is his account but it seems one of his employees is posting the videos on his behalf.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Not a chance in hell.

I won't say what I'm thinking, though I'm sure you can infer...

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
A little truth here.

What Jesse ( Sorry, the public relations employee posting to Jesse's account on ATS ) is asking us to do is stand with him against the appeal that has been filed in this case.

Not against the very media system he is a part of.

Professional liars, lying professionally.

I'm for the appeal.
edit on 15-7-2015 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Jesse Ventura - The ATS spam king.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Here's the deal big fella, drop the BS and realize that when it comes to ATS membership you are dealing with folks equally or more switched on than you in all things conspiracy.

So, NO, I will not stand with you, but I do invite you to start your own actual account here and join us in fighting the good fight.

Until then, you're off my grid.

Best post on the thread....Wish I would of said it.

I feel like we have been played.

Instead of Jesse, we are posting on an account he has no intention of reading.

Too bad really. I was looking forward to seeing him on the site.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join