It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ninety-five Percent of Women Who Have Had Abortions Do Not Regret Their Decision

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

And that logic is different then saying they are going to grow up and help how?

Strange how that works huh, some one gives the opposite of your position and your response is just 'failed logic'

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I hate when this happens.....Delete.
edit on 15-7-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

originally posted by: grimpachi

It's interesting that you only answered the qualifier question.

Maybe you missed the second and third sentence of my post so I will ask again.

If you answer is yes then would that include any child conceived in the US? I ask because that would lead to some issues concerning immigration.

I thought I covered it but you are right.......Yes if life started on American soil.........Constitutional protection and rights.

So no deportation for females who say they have had sex over the border. At least until the child is born.

There is no doubt that would cause some problems.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

It is a weak argument for one reason..........The child could become president or a criminal it could go either way and that makes it a mute point.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

And that logic is different then saying they are going to grow up and help how?

Strange how that works huh, some one gives the opposite of your position and your response is just 'failed logic'

I said that as the flip side of the argument...........It is actually a mute point because it is an assumption of what could or could not be.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: grimpachi

I agree and truth be told I would stop all immigration until the economy and country sort out. Bottom line remains a fetus is alive and life has constitutional protection or so it should. The court made the wrong choice and it was political not constitutional driven.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

I love it, you say her point is moot because you made up a situation.

Talk about failed logic.

So since you provided a moot point in response, why don't you try addressing it without that.

Why do we need more unwanted pregnancies when we can't take care of the kids we have?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

I would like to know how you would stop all immigration. Signs wouldn't work.

You would also need to address tourism.

Just those few issues would cause a great deal of chaos IMO.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   

I actually posted my idea in another thread earlier this week........Anyone caught employing illegals or aiding illegals would face felony charges and loss of business permit.

Only emergency medical care could be given and charities would fall under the giving aid clause.....This would solve the issue in one months time.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Anyone caught employing illegals or aiding illegals would face felony charges and loss of business permit.
What's a "business permit?"

Beginning in 1986, though, the worksite has become an enforcement site for immigration law, with employers required to check the work authorization of every worker they hire on pain of penalties and even criminal prosecution for hiring workers who do not present appropriate documents

www.nolo.com...

edit on 7/15/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I love it, you say her point is moot because you made up a situation.

Talk about failed logic.

So since you provided a moot point in response, why don't you try addressing it without that.

Why do we need more unwanted pregnancies when we can't take care of the kids we have?

My point is this argument is weak because it can go either way........It is a pure assumption. Look at car accidents and apply the same logic.......Should we stop driving.

Life has constitutional rights........A fetus is alive.......It is a simple argument really.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
OOps

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

www.sba.gov...

I would re-write the laws and enforce them this time. Dry up the money and people for the most part will go home. Many cities and businesses do not follow the law because they are not enforced.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   

I would re-write the laws and enforce them this time.

Go for it.
Rewrite them and enforce them.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I would re-write the laws and enforce them this time.

Go for it.
Rewrite them and enforce them.

OK this is another strange argument.........Ya I will put on my immigration cape and spandex suit and fly away enforcing my newly implemented laws........

Did I need to clarify this is government enforced not personally enforced........

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

I actually posted my idea in another thread earlier this week........Anyone caught employing illegals or aiding illegals would face felony charges and loss of business permit.

Only emergency medical care could be given and charities would fall under the giving aid clause.....This would solve the issue in one months time.

It is very naive of you to think that would solve those issues.

Charities wouldn't even be part of the issue because with your idea any fetus would be a citizen. Millions upon millions of immigrants would jump the border to have sex and claim future citizenship for possible kids.

Also, the agriculture industry would completely collapse. In short the US would collapse.

Within a few decades the US would be sending their kids illegally into Canada..

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
As grimpachi pointed out, your "solution" is seemingly oversimplistic. The laws are there. They don't work.

How exactly would you rewrite them? But before you answer, please make an attempt to know what the current laws are. The current legislative majority crows about having the answers but does not seem to have been able to provide them. They're quite vague about it, as are you.

edit on 7/15/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Terrible. These women should burn in the fiery pits of hell. /sarc off.

Realistically, they probably don't regret a decision that they have spent weeks agonising over because they know, no matter how awful the decision and the act is, it is for the best, for herself, and the embryo (NOT a child, at this stage). No woman wakes up going 'WOOO abortion day, party!'

I never weigh in on these topics but the amount of males on here shouting their opinions is staggering. Some of which I previously had respect for. I have never had an abortion, but I am a woman who has taken the morning after pill when a male friend had sex with me without my consent. Do I regret taking that pill? **** NO.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: grimpachi

Problem solved..........If you are illegal you cannot give birth to a citizen....... closed that loop.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   

.... You are the one that brought up what the future life of the baby could be....

You are right, that is a poor argument because it is a hypothetical.

Doesn't answer the question that was asked when you brought that up.

Life has constitutional rights........A fetus is alive.......It is a simple argument really.

Agreed, I bet we don't agree when life starts.

I also agree that all life has rights, even those nasty illegals.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join