It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ninety-five Percent of Women Who Have Had Abortions Do Not Regret Their Decision

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: bm2112
Since you are all anti-abortion, what do you propose as a solution?

Abortion really isn't the issue.

This is about genocide...

Which is exactly the reason WHY the MSM promotes it like they do.

Abortion by a Different Name

The truth is it does not matter what you call a thing, but rather what it is. To a degree this is true. Things are what they are, whether we call them something different or not. To another degree it is not true, because what we call things is able to change the perception of them.

Another area where semantics is played is in the discussion of abortion. It sounds less onerous then I’m having an abortion and choosing which child in my womb I want to keep. Or I’ve decided to kill one of my children today. Changing the names doesn’t change the act. Just like calling a rose by a different name doesn’t change the rose. Calling abortion by a different name doesn’t change what has occurred.

When it comes to abortion, let’s understand what it is. It is taking a life of another. No matter the name it is horrific.

Link

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I'll go with Bill Hicks on this one...

"If you’re so pro-life and you’re so pro-child, then adopt one that’s already here, that’s very unwanted and very alone and needs someone to take care of it to get it out of a horrible situation. People say, “Why don’t you do that?” And I say, “Because I hate #ing kids and couldn’t care less.” Couldn’t give a #. Don’t care at all about abortion. It’s your choice, case closed, the end, bottom line.

And by the way, that 3 month old kid in your belly is not a #ing human being, okay? It’s a bunch of little congregated cells. You’re not a human … till you’re in my phone book."

...you evil annoying idiot #s.

Another thing, from me this time... An unconscious fetus is exactly that, an unconscious undeveloped life, in other words not alive. If abortion is murder in your eyes. Then what about the lives of the terminally unconscious, permanently brain dead individuals who are taken off life support, have they been murdered as well? Or are you the kind of sick freaks that keep machines on for your superstitious and delusional reasoning, beliefs don't even qualify to be mentioned as excuse. It's sick cruel and inhumane, just like bringing an unwanted child into this neglectful and careless world. Any moaning musings of optimistic speculation are nothing but fantasies of your own ignorant bliss, which the cruelty of this world is born of... so do us all a favor and abort that.
edit on 14-7-2015 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

Hicks has such a great point.

So I guess its fair to assume that all of you anti-abortioners have adopted a child? Because anyone with such high morals could not "render the value of a human life down to some measure of time and monetary worth", therefore has obviously adopted an abandoned child... a child who would have most likely been aborted, if the mother hadn't despised the idea.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Very slippery slope legislating morality.....
edit on 14-7-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Oh, the wonder of statistics.

I believe women should be free to choose.

However, a cautionary note. I have a friend who had an abortion many years ago and she does not regret the decision. However, she regrets the lost potential of a life unknown and that is a heavy weight.

She would be in the 95% for sure, but to suggest that's the end of the story is cold.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Curious that getting an abortion would be blanketed as "not responsible".

I guess all food-stamp queen bees could be said to be "responsible" to their governments handouts.

There's too many situations which can come to bring about an abortion for any blanket statements to have any universal truth backing it.

Lazy thinking.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues
And by the way, that 3 month old kid in your belly is not a #ing human being, okay?

100% incorrect..

In heaven, children are there, all the ones who died young, in childbirth, or were aborted.
Link

"In 1988, evangelist Jesse Duplantis was taken up into Heaven. While he was there, he saw a multitude of small children, singing and praising God as they played little harps. When he asked the angel who had brought him there who they were, he was told they were the children the earth did not want. As Duplantis watched these children, who appeared to be from three to ten years old, he realized that they were children who had been lost to abortion. The angel explained to him that these children longed to see their mothers come to Heaven and be reunited with them." Link

"This dome," said my guide, "is the place where all infants from earth are gathered for instruction. The outer buildings are the nurseries where they are first brought, to be nourished by their guardian angel."

"Whenever an infant dies on earth, the guardian angel who brings it here considers all of its abilities and places it with others of similar ability. According to its artistic, scientific or social abilities, each is given a home best suited to the development of its gifts."

Nine Days in Heaven: The Vision of Marietta Davis: Dennis Prince, Nolene Prince

CAUGHT UP TO THE INFANTS' PARADISE

"I believe all she says is true. (Marietta Davis) I too was able to see where the infants are. Everything she described was as I saw it. But I saw and was told more specifically they were all the babies that were born and died, and miscarriages and abortions. I was only allowed in that one room, I was not allowed to travel around like she was. When I was there, I was at home. That is where we belong. Make every effort to get there." Link

"Colton, still 4 years old, told his mother “you had a baby die in your tummy didn’t you”, which completely shocked them both because they had never told him about their miscarriage. They asked him how he knew and he said that he met his sister in Heaven and she told him what happened."

"Well he’s 7 years old now and it took a couple of years for his parents to really understand what happened, but when Colton Burpo was four years he was having surgery in the hospital for a burst appendix. While he was in surgery he apparently had some sort of out of body experience and could see what his parents were doing. He witnessed that his dad was praying and his mom on her cellphone. Both parents say they have no clue how he knew that, but that it’s absolutely true. And the story just gets more interesting from there.

Apparently during the same surgery Colton went to Heaven where he recounts how he met his grandfather who he had never known, who he later recognized in photos. The interesting thing is that he didn’t recognize photos of his grandfather as an old man with glasses, which is how everyone knew him, but rather as a young man. Colton’s father literally had go find a photo of ‘Pop’ as a young man before Colton was able to recognize him. Now that’s pretty wild. Link

edit on 14-7-2015 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it..

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: bm2112

1. I'm opposed to imperialistic military action, friend. I'm one of those crazy national isolationists that believes our troops belong here at home, trained and waiting to defend US soil rather than galavanting around kissing the UN's ass and making more money for offshore global industries.

2. Did you just attempt to balance the life of a human being with the life of an animal? WRONG MOVE! I've personally killed hundreds and hundreds of animals. My list includes everything from chickens and quail to cattle, elk, moose, and much more. Yet I've never killed a human being. This fringe mentality that tries to elevate animals to the same plateau as people is also a mental disorder of some manner. Maybe 'Bambi Syndrome' or perhaps just a brutally damning view into certain peoples' moral judgement centers.

3. In any other scenario, one human deciding the fate of another with zero concern over the wants and needs of the latter is sociopathic behavior.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Are you serious? You criticize Time Magazine and a Peer-Reviewed Scientific Journal as my source and then you quote some evangelists trying to sell their book and gain fame? Hilarious logic.

Next you'll tell me the Earth is 6000 years old.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
That's a strange outcome for the poll. If I killed someone and didn't have any regrets they would probably call me a sociopath. Funny how that works.

No kidding. Funny how "Roe" wants to reverse her position.

www.cbsnews.com...

'Roe' Wants Abortion Case Reversed

The former plaintiff known as "Jane Roe" in the 1973 U.S. Supreme Court case that legalized abortion sought to have the case overturned in a motion filed Tuesday that asks the courts to consider new evidence that abortion hurts women.

Norma McCorvey, who joined the anti-abortion fight nearly 10 years ago and says she regrets her role in Roe v. Wade, said the Supreme Court's decision is no longer valid because scientific and anecdotal evidence that has come to light in the last 30 years has shown the negative effects of abortion.

"We're getting our babies back," a jubilant McCorvey said at a news conference while flanked by about 60 women, some who sobbed and held signs that read "I regret my abortion."

"I feel like the weight of the world has just been lifted off my shoulders," said McCorvey, 55.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You seem so proud of yourself for killing hundreds of animals. Let me rattle you this: Did you know that humans are animals? I personally don't put the life of a human above the life of a dog, for example. If anything, I value the life of a dog more, because dogs are kind and loyal, characteristics few humans possess.

I love how you claim that I must have a mental disorder of some kind for valuing the life of an animal. Hypocrite much?
edit on 14-7-2015 by bm2112 because: Add

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
Whats the point of this poll? Typical divisive politics in the run up to an election year.

Regardless, its shameful.

Especially when you consider the fact that approximately 97% of all abortions are nothing more than birth control.

Thats right, these people are terminating a life simply because theyre either too stupid or too irresponsible to practice safe sex.

Whats worse, according to this poll, they dont even regret it...

Sad commentary on our society.

wow!!.....trump must be your middle name.....gee, you just too smart for the rest of us. it must be such a burden knowing everything.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: bm2112
Are you serious? You criticize Time Magazine and a Peer-Reviewed Scientific Journal as my source and then you quote some evangelists trying to sell their book and gain fame? Hilarious logic.

Next you'll tell me the Earth is 6000 years old.

It's in the news so it MUST be true then right?

And you are asking ME if I'm serious, come ONNN...

The mainstream news essentially serves as a primary tool for social conditioning or mind-control.

Centralized Control of History, Media, and Academia

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Trust me, I am aware that the MSM is full of lies and propaganda. Everyone has an agenda. Just like the evangelists you quoted who are dying to get on the news and get their story sold. The difference is that my source is more than one person claiming something happened.
edit on 14-7-2015 by bm2112 because: Fix

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I love how you claim that I must have a mental disorder of some kind for valuing the life of an animal. Hypocrite much?

No, I claimed that valuing the life of an animal above the life of a human is a mental disorder, which it is. I have no idea what the medical diagnostic term is, but the layperson description is "Bambi Syndrome."

I eat animals, I wear their skins, I use their bones, I use their feathers, and I use their products to feed and provide for my family. Humans > Animals. I'm not seeing the hypocrite here.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
God I wish I was on such moral high ground as many of you posting here.
How is the weather up there, among the gods?

@ Painterz: Surely that cannot be the case, as all women that have abortions are murderous sluts.

Serious eye roll

Right, god forbid mistakes happen.

Wonder how many of these woman had one after being raped, or ones that were on the pill and it didn't prevent the pregnancy.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: grimpachi
I am curious as to what has made abortion such a hot topic recently.

Has there been new legislation on it or something that has kicked the hornets nest? If not I guess this is just one of the effects of impending elections.

It is one of the very few topics that the major political parties disagree on.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
95 percent of people know statistics are manipulated for the user.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

No, I claimed that valuing the life of an animal above the life of a human is a mental disorder, which it is. I have no idea what the medical diagnostic term is, but the layperson description is "Bambi Syndrome."

I eat animals, I wear their skins, I use their bones, I use their feathers, and I use their products to feed and provide for my family. Humans > Animals. I'm not seeing the hypocrite here.

Thats a ludicrous statement and billions of people in south east asia disagree with you (at least 95 percent).

The mental disorder is thinking only your opinion matters and is absolute there are a couple terms for that, narcisism, sociopathy etc.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

3. In any other scenario, one human deciding the fate of another with zero concern over the wants and needs of the latter is sociopathic behavior.

Sounds like slavery... or is slavery okay as long as you frame it as a states' rights issue?
edit on 2015-7-14 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join