It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ninety-five Percent of Women Who Have Had Abortions Do Not Regret Their Decision

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
time.com...

I found this article today and I think it is relevant after seeing some recent discussions about abortion on the forums. The study involved 667 women from varied backgrounds and they were surveyed semi-annually about whether they thought they made the right decision, as well as their emotions surrounding their abortion.
edit on 14-7-2015 by bm2112 because: Fix a word

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: bm2112

I'd bet that 100% of their children would if they could be asked.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What she said...

Concerning the Time magazine source in the OP:

The mainstream media appears to serve multiple functions. First, to distribute information that the controlling cabal wants you to believe is real news. Secondly, to assist in the cover-up of information that has leaked out through other sources. In other words, Damage Control. Thirdly, as a weapon to assassinate the characters of those who expose the practices of the Establishment. Also, to act as a firewall to prevent information detrimental to the elite's control from reaching the public. Finally, to continue to reinforce mainstream accounts of current and historical events. The mainstream news essentially serves as a primary tool for social conditioning or mind-control.

"It is through the press and the media that the lie is penetrating through to the masses," declared Professor Marrs. The media is used as a weapon. So when you watch, read, or listen to mainstream news, ask yourself, "what will the CFR like me to believe today?"

Centralized Control of History, Media, and Academia

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Whats the point of this poll? Typical divisive politics in the run up to an election year.

Regardless, its shameful.

Especially when you consider the fact that approximately 97% of all abortions are nothing more than birth control.

Thats right, these people are terminating a life simply because theyre either too stupid or too irresponsible to practice safe sex.

Whats worse, according to this poll, they dont even regret it...

Sad commentary on our society.

edit on 14-7-2015 by gladtobehere because: typo

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Since you are all anti-abortion, what do you propose as a solution? For the many women who do not have the time or resources to properly care for a child, what do you suggest they do? If your response is: "give it up for adoption", how do you think our society would be able to handle millions of children without homes?

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
That's a strange outcome for the poll. If I killed someone and didn't have any regrets they would probably call me a sociopath. Funny how that works.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I'd bet that 100% of their children would if they could be asked.

Highly unlikely considering many of them would have ended up neglected or in foster care for much of their lives.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: bm2112
Since you are all anti-abortion, what do you propose as a solution? For the many women who do not have the time or resources to properly care for a child, what do you suggest they do? If your response is: "give it up for adoption", how do you think our society would be able to handle millions of children without homes?

You do know there is that whole "Not Get Pregnant In The First Place" option, don't you?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
That's a strange outcome for the poll. If I killed someone and didn't have any regrets they would probably call me a sociopath. Funny how that works.

Exactly.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
So they use 667 people to determine 95% of an estimated 1.2 million people had no regrets...

Yea forgive me if I don't buy it.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Since you are all anti-abortion, what do you propose as a solution?

AVOID THE PREGNANCY

edit on 14-7-2015 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Since you are all anti-abortion, what do you propose as a solution? For the many women who do not have the time or resources to properly care for a child, what do you suggest they do?

I'd suggest they seek psychiatric treatment for the obvious mental illness that causes them to render the value of a human life they created down to some measure of time and monetary worth. If anyone other than a protected voter base did that, they'd be rounded up and thrown in a padded cell.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Killing people is not necessarily a sociopathic behavior. Psychopath is what you are looking for.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I saw the headline today and thought, "If that's true, what a shallow, narcissistic, self-absorbed cess pit of a society we've become."

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I am curious as to what has made abortion such a hot topic recently.

Has there been new legislation on it or something that has kicked the hornets nest? If not I guess this is just one of the effects of impending elections.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Or it could just reflect that no woman has an abortion casually, and it's only after a lot of thought and soul searching to make sure it is absolutely the right decision for her.

And thus, the majority of women continue thinking it was the right decision afterwards.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

As men we shouldn't have a say in it.
We have no right let the women sort this out.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
God I wish I was on such moral high ground as many of you posting here.
How is the weather up there, among the gods?

@ Painterz: Surely that cannot be the case, as all women that have abortions are murderous sluts.

Serious eye roll

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
God I wish I was on such moral high ground as many of you posting here.
How is the weather up there, among the gods?

@ Painterz: Surely that cannot be the case, as all women that have abortions are murderous sluts.

Serious eye roll

Most, I'm assuming are men.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Since you are all anti-abortion, what do you propose as a solution? For the many women who do not have the time or resources to properly care for a child, what do you suggest they do?

I'd suggest they seek psychiatric treatment for the obvious mental illness that causes them to render the value of a human life they created down to some measure of time and monetary worth. If anyone other than a protected voter base did that, they'd be rounded up and thrown in a padded cell.

It's funny because we send soliders all around the world to kill people that we don't agree with and we consider this normal. We kill billions and billions of animals every year, and it doesn't seem to bother many of us. But God forbid we let a woman determine whether or not she is ready to bring a child into this world.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join