It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ninety-five Percent of Women Who Have Had Abortions Do Not Regret Their Decision

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: SubTruth
As grimpachi pointed out, your "solution" is seemingly oversimplistic. The laws are there. They don't work.

How exactly would you rewrite them? But before you answer, please make an attempt to know what the current laws are. The current legislative majority crows about having the answers but does not seem to have been able to provide them. They're quite vague about it, as are you.

I will say it with more context if you are illegal you can not give birth to a US citizen......More context.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   

closed that loop.

And rewrote the Constitution.
Well done.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth
a reply to: grimpachi

Problem solved..........If you are illegal you cannot give birth to a citizen....... closed that loop.

So it really isn't about life...

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I have to agree with your argument about when life start......Viable life or just life......It is actually something I am thinking about still and I have not made up my mind.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: grimpachi

Problem solved..........If you are illegal you cannot give birth to a citizen....... closed that loop.

Actually the fetus would still be alive but not a US citizen.........Let me guess quality of life......Progressive logic coming in three.......two......one.......

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: grimpachi

Actually the fetus would still be alive but not a US citizen.........Let me guess quality of life......Progressive logic coming in three.......two......one.......

No, we are just back to those people claiming to care about life ending their care about life after they are born. You would have also re-written the constitution to deny people of writes.

Like I said in a few short decades the US children will become the illegal immigrants on death marches into Canada.

Your world sucks IMHO.
edit on 15-7-2015 by grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I love it, you say her point is moot because you made up a situation.

Talk about failed logic.

So since you provided a moot point in response, why don't you try addressing it without that.

Why do we need more unwanted pregnancies when we can't take care of the kids we have?

My point is this argument is weak because it can go either way........It is a pure assumption. Look at car accidents and apply the same logic.......Should we stop driving.

Life has constitutional rights........A fetus is alive.......It is a simple argument really.

Pure assumption that there are LIVING Children who need care vs the possibility that an unwanted pregnancy might be eliminating a future president.

Now we're supposed to look at the random car accident that might kill someone, who might someday be someone.

Ya know, there are LIVING children out there who with good nutrition, nurturing, education, etc --- might actually be someone some day.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Yes, ill bet you have much more personal wealth and toys to play with in life now. Fun level unthreatened.

Fun had nothing to do with it. There were far bigger things at stake that had nothing to do with fun. I own less than the average kid. In fact, I am far less materialistic than most people with children, and have even less desire for the pursuit of said material goods.

Sorry to shatter your delusions, but in reality, women get abortions for reasons that vary, and the road that led them there is different in each case.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Exactly right.

It's election season, and abortion is an old favorite for riling up the base on both sides towards peak distraction. It's not meant to be resolved. That would defeat its purpose.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Let me know when ALL LIVING children are cared for first.

Before another unwanted birth goes to full term.

This is a weak.......WEAK argument. It is progressive logic. Here let me turn it around on ya.......Imagine that same neglected child grows up and becomes a better person because of it and lives a life of helping others.

How many people fit the scenario I just painted........Millions and millions. Heck I bet people reading this have had issues bad parents and became a better person because of it.

It's actually a pretty damned good argument. There are more kids out there up for adoption than there are people wanting to adopt. Those kids end up cycled like garbage bounced around the foster system, sold to human traffickers, getting abused constantly, living either horrible or substandard lives. Far more than become "better people". Even those who manage to survive a rough childhood to become decent people seldom escape unscarred, and often have difficulties in many areas of life to the extent of pathos.

Only a complete sadist would subject people to it. For many people around the world and in this country, life is not a gift, but a curse. Rising suicide rates, especially amongst the young, should be a good hint.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

According to the law of the nation that has been the law since its founding, you are dead wrong.

Anyone born on U.S. soil is an automatic citizen, regardless of where their parents were from. it is not a "loop". It is part of the constitution. Take it up with the Founding Fathers if you have a problem.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

What if they Marry a US citizen? What if they are raped by a US citizen?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

It's strange how the anti-abortion crowd (I won't call them pro life, since many are hardly pro life when it comes to people already born. Quite the opposite, really) seems to care more about people who don't yet exist than taking care of living breathing humans amongst us. In fact, I see these same people screaming about "killing unborn babies", yet once out of the womb, are content to brush them aside and let them starve or die or grow up in soul killing poverty, and then bitch and complain about welfare and crappy parents and blah blah blah.

They either need to put up or shut up. Either leave abortion legal, or be prepared to shell out huge amounts of tax dollars to raise them all, especially in cases where their parents are completely unfit and have to be collected by the state.

Can't have it both ways.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: bm2112
Since you are all anti-abortion, what do you propose as a solution? For the many women who do not have the time or resources to properly care for a child, what do you suggest they do? If your response is: "give it up for adoption", how do you think our society would be able to handle millions of children without homes?

You do know there is that whole "Not Get Pregnant In The First Place" option, don't you?

And you know that accidents happen right? Or do you do everything right all the time?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
That's a strange outcome for the poll. If I killed someone and didn't have any regrets they would probably call me a sociopath. Funny how that works.

Except a early stage foetus isnt a person. So...your whole clever post kinda of falls apart eh?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

It's strange how the anti-abortion crowd (I won't call them pro life, since many are hardly pro life when it comes to people already born. Quite the opposite, really) seems to care more about people who don't yet exist than taking care of living breathing humans amongst us. In fact, I see these same people screaming about "killing unborn babies", yet once out of the womb, are content to brush them aside and let them starve or die or grow up in soul killing poverty, and then bitch and complain about welfare and crappy parents and blah blah blah.

They either need to put up or shut up. Either leave abortion legal, or be prepared to shell out huge amounts of tax dollars to raise them all, especially in cases where their parents are completely unfit and have to be collected by the state.

Can't have it both ways.

Thank you. The term "Pro life" makes me sick. Those people could not care less about babies and kids born into poverty or with no parents. Their only concenr is infringing on womens right to do what the hell they want with their own bodies. They are in no way shape or form "pro life"

They are just religious zealots a few steps away from Fred Phelps.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Fine - with your logic and some of the ladies posting here, if the woman does carry her pregnancy to term, don't come after the father looking for child support.

That wouldn't be fair? Well you can't have it both ways...

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Your argument falls flat when you categorize people who do not agree with abortion as "religious zealots".

I consider myself an Odinist, yet I am also against abortion in most cases. If it is solely up to the woman what to do with her own body, then how come women who do give birth to their children are able to get child support from the father of that child?

In one situation it is "my own body, I can do what I want with it" - and in another situation it is "well you helped create this child, pay up".

The logic of the entitled is what that is.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Can't have it both ways.

Thank you. The term "Pro life" makes me sick. Those people could not care less about babies and kids born into poverty or with no parents. Their only concenr is infringing on womens right to do what the hell they want with their own bodies. They are in no way shape or form "pro life"

They are just religious zealots a few steps away from Fred Phelps.

I know plenty of atheists that are "pro life". Usually after the fetus can feel which is in the 5-6 month realm. However, pro choice groups including the chair of the dem party believe a woman should have the right anytime to have an abortion.

I am agnostic maybe deist maybe pantheist and i dont think at all abortions shouod be legal unless there are medical reasons. Before the 5 or 6 month period it should be a choice between the woman and her dr. After it should be harder. Pretty much like it is now but that isnt enough foe a lot of pro choicers.

When is killing a fetus murder? Ethically and morally not biblically? Do you believe it always a womans choice or is there a time when the fetus is conscious abortions should no longer happen?

The issue is simple to me before the fetus is feeling and thinking then abortion should be a choice (though still a serious one) and after medically necesarry. Let science not religeon decide when the fetus is conscious and use that as the point (instead of fetal viability which will become earlier and earlier as technology and understanding continue).

I am not a religious zealot, dont believe in the bible, and still think their need be a point when its not very easy to have an abortion. I also am currently a stay at home dad during the day and have a powerful woman as my wife who out earns me by double (hence the stay at home). So what box of zealot and control freak would you put me in?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Bravo. Well said

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join