It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ninety-five Percent of Women Who Have Had Abortions Do Not Regret Their Decision

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
a reply to: Annee

It's strange how the anti-abortion crowd (I won't call them pro life, since many are hardly pro life when it comes to people already born. Quite the opposite, really) seems to care more about people who don't yet exist than taking care of living breathing humans amongst us. In fact, I see these same people screaming about "killing unborn babies", yet once out of the womb, are content to brush them aside and let them starve or die or grow up in soul killing poverty, and then bitch and complain about welfare and crappy parents and blah blah blah.

They either need to put up or shut up. Either leave abortion legal, or be prepared to shell out huge amounts of tax dollars to raise them all, especially in cases where their parents are completely unfit and have to be collected by the state.

Can't have it both ways.

Thank you. The term "Pro life" makes me sick. Those people could not care less about babies and kids born into poverty or with no parents. Their only concenr is infringing on womens right to do what the hell they want with their own bodies. They are in no way shape or form "pro life"

They are just religious zealots a few steps away from Fred Phelps.

I know plenty of atheists that are "pro life". Usually after the fetus can feel which is in the 5-6 month realm. However, pro choice groups including the chair of the dem party believe a woman should have the right anytime to have an abortion.

I am agnostic maybe deist maybe pantheist and i dont think at all abortions shouod be legal unless there are medical reasons. Before the 5 or 6 month period it should be a choice between the woman and her dr. After it should be harder. Pretty much like it is now but that isnt enough foe a lot of pro choicers.

When is killing a fetus murder? Ethically and morally not biblically? Do you believe it always a womans choice or is there a time when the fetus is conscious abortions should no longer happen?

The issue is simple to me before the fetus is feeling and thinking then abortion should be a choice (though still a serious one) and after medically necesarry. Let science not religeon decide when the fetus is conscious and use that as the point (instead of fetal viability which will become earlier and earlier as technology and understanding continue).

I am not a religious zealot, dont believe in the bible, and still think their need be a point when its not very easy to have an abortion. I also am currently a stay at home dad during the day and have a powerful woman as my wife who out earns me by double (hence the stay at home). So what box of zealot and control freak would you put me in?

Of course i would not call you a religious zealot. But you and i disagree that abortion should be illegal (other than in emergencies)
Im not advocating that abortion should ever be an easy way out. Its tough on the woman and it should not be taken lightly.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: bm2112

The unwanted child disappears. You don't know about them, you dont find them. Maybe in prison or insane asylums or the streets.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

a reply to: Annee

It's strange how the anti-abortion crowd (I won't call them pro life, since many are hardly pro life when it comes to people already born. Quite the opposite, really) seems to care more about people who don't yet exist than taking care of living breathing humans amongst us. In fact, I see these same people screaming about "killing unborn babies", yet once out of the womb, are content to brush them aside and let them starve or die or grow up in soul killing poverty, and then bitch and complain about welfare and crappy parents and blah blah blah.

They either need to put up or shut up. Either leave abortion legal, or be prepared to shell out huge amounts of tax dollars to raise them all, especially in cases where their parents are completely unfit and have to be collected by the state.

Can't have it both ways.

Thank you. The term "Pro life" makes me sick. Those people could not care less about babies and kids born into poverty or with no parents. Their only concenr is infringing on womens right to do what the hell they want with their own bodies. They are in no way shape or form "pro life"

They are just religious zealots a few steps away from Fred Phelps.

I know plenty of atheists that are "pro life". Usually after the fetus can feel which is in the 5-6 month realm. However, pro choice groups including the chair of the dem party believe a woman should have the right anytime to have an abortion.

I am agnostic maybe deist maybe pantheist and i dont think at all abortions shouod be legal unless there are medical reasons. Before the 5 or 6 month period it should be a choice between the woman and her dr. After it should be harder. Pretty much like it is now but that isnt enough foe a lot of pro choicers.

When is killing a fetus murder? Ethically and morally not biblically? Do you believe it always a womans choice or is there a time when the fetus is conscious abortions should no longer happen?

The issue is simple to me before the fetus is feeling and thinking then abortion should be a choice (though still a serious one) and after medically necesarry. Let science not religeon decide when the fetus is conscious and use that as the point (instead of fetal viability which will become earlier and earlier as technology and understanding continue).

I am not a religious zealot, dont believe in the bible, and still think their need be a point when its not very easy to have an abortion. I also am currently a stay at home dad during the day and have a powerful woman as my wife who out earns me by double (hence the stay at home). So what box of zealot and control freak would you put me in?

Of course i would not call you a religious zealot. But you and i disagree that abortion should be illegal (other than in emergencies)
Im not advocating that abortion should ever be an easy way out. Its tough on the woman and it should not be taken lightly.

I never said that it should be illegal except foe medical conditions. I said after the fetus is feeling and thinking it should be illegal because morally i dont see how its not murder.

So i ask again would you like completely unrestricted abortions even after the fetal viability set by row v wade? How do you get over the moral problem of killing a conscious being if yes?

Also thank you for not putting me in a box and being civil I often debate to better understand my own views and there logic or fallacy. I know its a tough issue but its good to have real conversations respectfully about tough stuff
edit on 15-7-2015 by luthier because: dumb cell phone typos

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Your argument falls flat when you categorize people who do not agree with abortion as "religious zealots".

I consider myself an Odinist, yet I am also against abortion in most cases. If it is solely up to the woman what to do with her own body, then how come women who do give birth to their children are able to get child support from the father of that child?

In one situation it is "my own body, I can do what I want with it" - and in another situation it is "well you helped create this child, pay up".

The logic of the entitled is what that is.

Sorry, but can you point out where exacyly i said that the man has nothing to do with the decision. I took asnormal that the man has a role in the decision. Sorry if your women have treated you badly and you assumed that thats what i meant. Sheesh.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Except a early stage foetus isnt a person. So...your whole clever post kinda of falls apart eh?

Speaking of clever posts that fall apart...

The countless eyewitness testimonies of those who have seen millions of living breathing "early stage foetus" in Heaven might just disagree with that scenario.

Marietta Davis and Colton Burpo are just a few for example.

The evidence is far too massive and far too unlikely to be coincidental as well.

Unlike the MSM, these people have no agenda to push.

Colton Burpo's case for example, he died and met his own unborn sister that he didn't even knew EXISTED.

"Colton, still 4 years old, told his mother “you had a baby die in your tummy didn’t you”, which completely shocked them both because they had never told him about their miscarriage. They asked him how he knew and he said that he met his sister in Heaven and she told him what happened."

"Well he’s 7 years old now and it took a couple of years for his parents to really understand what happened, but when Colton Burpo was four years he was having surgery in the hospital for a burst appendix. While he was in surgery he apparently had some sort of out of body experience and could see what his parents were doing. He witnessed that his dad was praying and his mom on her cellphone. Both parents say they have no clue how he knew that, but that it’s absolutely true. And the story just gets more interesting from there.

Apparently during the same surgery Colton went to Heaven where he recounts how he met his grandfather who he had never known, who he later recognized in photos. The interesting thing is that he didn’t recognize photos of his grandfather as an old man with glasses, which is how everyone knew him, but rather as a young man. Colton’s father literally had go find a photo of ‘Pop’ as a young man before Colton was able to recognize him. Now that’s pretty wild.

Four year old met his mother’s miscarried child in Heaven

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Their only concenr is infringing on womens right to do what the hell they want with their own bodies.

"Women's right to do what the hell they want with their own bodies" - Your saying that abortion is solely a woman's right because it is her own body, which logically means a man has no place infringing upon that right. Hence, my counter-argument that if you apply that same logic to women who actually give birth, the man should have no need to pay child support.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

a reply to: boymonkey74

Fine - with your logic and some of the ladies posting here, if the woman does carry her pregnancy to term, don't come after the father looking for child support.

That wouldn't be fair? Well you can't have it both ways...

Given the enormous number of deadbeat dads out there that never pay a dime in child support despite court orders, I think most women in a situation of single motherhood would be wasting their time seeking child support in the first place. You have guys out there with multiple kids from multiple women, none of which they pay a dime for. And in my experience, deadbeats far outnumber the ones who step up to the plate.

When abortion becomes an option, more often than not, the father is gone, uninterested, or not going to be in the picture. These are, more often than not, babies whose fathers are going to be long gone before the first ultrasound.

Oh, by the way, let's not forget that in many cases, it is the MAN who is the one pushing the woman to abort. Hell, those who I have known personally who have had abortions, myself included, all but two were either coerced, pressured, or threatened by the father to abort. So, where's the outrage there? Did any of you self-righteous "champions of the unborn" ever look into the fact that more often than not, men have had MORE than enough say in a woman's decision. I've only known one guy who actually wanted the girl to keep the kid. Most of the fathers, however, were more like a guy I knew in the army who drank and partied with his buddies to celebrate some woman he got knocked up having an abortion. Off the hook. Dodged the bullet. Murica. F@ck yeah.

Child support? It costs more in legal fees and court costs just to chase a deadbeat down than you will ever collect from him. It costs the state more to chase them down and deal with them. Why even bother?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Fine - with your logic and some of the ladies posting here, if the woman does carry her pregnancy to term, don't come after the father looking for child support.

That wouldn't be fair? Well you can't have it both ways...

Given the enormous number of deadbeat dads out there that never pay a dime in child support despite court orders, I think most women in a situation of single motherhood would be wasting their time seeking child support in the first place. You have guys out there with multiple kids from multiple women, none of which they pay a dime for. And in my experience, deadbeats far outnumber the ones who step up to the plate.

When abortion becomes an option, more often than not, the father is gone, uninterested, or not going to be in the picture. These are, more often than not, babies whose fathers are going to be long gone before the first ultrasound.

Oh, by the way, let's not forget that in many cases, it is the MAN who is the one pushing the woman to abort. Hell, those who I have known personally who have had abortions, myself included, all but two were either coerced, pressured, or threatened by the father to abort. So, where's the outrage there? Did any of you self-righteous "champions of the unborn" ever look into the fact that more often than not, men have had MORE than enough say in a woman's decision. I've only known one guy who actually wanted the girl to keep the kid. Most of the fathers, however, were more like a guy I knew in the army who drank and partied with his buddies to celebrate some woman he got knocked up having an abortion. Off the hook. Dodged the bullet. Murica. F@ck yeah.

Child support? It costs more in legal fees and court costs just to chase a deadbeat down than you will ever collect from him. It costs the state more to chase them down and deal with them. Why even bother?

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. There aren't huge numbers of deadbeat dads out there. There is poverty and education problems. And yes the legal system does chase down garnish wages, put 10's of thousands of men in prison for , and ruin peoples lives. The family court is a total scam. I have custody of a child and have for 9 years. The two years previous to that mom had a psychotic break and ran off to another country in which took over 75k of legal fees to get back my kid when they finally found she had a mental illness. Before the trials ended (7 temporary orders) she fled and abandoned her child for good leaving the case open. I paid child support for the next 8 years because there is NO I mean 0 due process or reviews of cases in my state. It took until she gave up her rights to close the case. Meanwhile she was off all over coach surfing with the money. There are literally thousands and thousands of cases like mine. The courts have sided with women for far too long. It should be duel physical custody by default until a parent breaks the law. But its not. The family court is a scam.

There are plenty of dead beat and psychotic moms out there.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Seriously going to argue with the point that people have 'seen' Heaven and what they 'saw'.

And you know Colton out right said that he lied right?
www.projectcasting.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

That's not the same person. Alex Malarkey said he lied and didn't see heaven, not Colton Burpo.

Getting back to the subject, the question is basically this, "should a person have a right to do what they want to their own body or should they be forced against their will to keep things in their body that they do not want?"

If a women is raped, she should be forced to keep that egg in her body against her will and put up with extra suffering because of another person's opinion that she should not have the right to do what she wants with her own body and removing from her own body what she doesn't want?"

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I'd bet that 100% of their children would if they could be asked.

Why state an impossible statement, they are dead. Just like your first pet is.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Over fifty percent of abortions are due to contraceptive failures. It's always good to use two methods of birth control in case one fails. Also, let's put our energies into more-reliable contraceptives. Those who want to outlaw BC are idiots. a reply to: gladtobehere

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

Except a early stage foetus isnt a person. So...your whole clever post kinda of falls apart eh?

Speaking of clever posts that fall apart...

The countless eyewitness testimonies of those who have seen millions of living breathing "early stage foetus" in Heaven might just disagree with that scenario.

Marietta Davis and Colton Burpo are just a few for example.

The evidence is far too massive and far too unlikely to be coincidental as well.

Unlike the MSM, these people have no agenda to push.

Colton Burpo's case for example, he died and met his own unborn sister that he didn't even knew EXISTED.

"Colton, still 4 years old, told his mother “you had a baby die in your tummy didn’t you”, which completely shocked them both because they had never told him about their miscarriage. They asked him how he knew and he said that he met his sister in Heaven and she told him what happened."

"Well he’s 7 years old now and it took a couple of years for his parents to really understand what happened, but when Colton Burpo was four years he was having surgery in the hospital for a burst appendix. While he was in surgery he apparently had some sort of out of body experience and could see what his parents were doing. He witnessed that his dad was praying and his mom on her cellphone. Both parents say they have no clue how he knew that, but that it’s absolutely true. And the story just gets more interesting from there.

Apparently during the same surgery Colton went to Heaven where he recounts how he met his grandfather who he had never known, who he later recognized in photos. The interesting thing is that he didn’t recognize photos of his grandfather as an old man with glasses, which is how everyone knew him, but rather as a young man. Colton’s father literally had go find a photo of ‘Pop’ as a young man before Colton was able to recognize him. Now that’s pretty wild.

Four year old met his mother’s miscarried child in Heaven

Wait wait...are you expecting me to belive a story about a little boy meeting his unborn sister in heaven?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Their only concenr is infringing on womens right to do what the hell they want with their own bodies.

"Women's right to do what the hell they want with their own bodies" - Your saying that abortion is solely a woman's right because it is her own body, which logically means a man has no place infringing upon that right. Hence, my counter-argument that if you apply that same logic to women who actually give birth, the man should have no need to pay child support.

Nope. Learn to read english, then we can talk. I never said that an abortion is solely the womans decision.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: cfnyaami
Over fifty percent of abortions are due to contraceptive failures. It's always good to use two methods of birth control in case one fails. Also, let's put our energies into more-reliable contraceptives. Those who want to outlaw BC are idiots. a reply to: gladtobehere

If there was a birth control pill for men, or an injection, how many men would take it?

How many men would take the responsibility of taking a hormone type pill everyday that might affect their body, in order to prevent pregnancy?

www.malecontraceptives.org...

edit on 16-7-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Wait wait...are you expecting me to belive a story about a little boy meeting his unborn sister in heaven?

Frankly no...

I write only what I am convinced is true.

With that in mind, many come to ATS looking for truth.

Should we stop speaking the truth just because no one believes it?

I think not...

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
And you know Colton out right said that he lied right?

Speaking of lies...

The credibility of your "source" ranks right up there with the MSM.

BraveBird
This article is literally, completely wrong. You all do have an editing department right?

premyer
YOU NEED TO RECANT THIS ARTICLE! WRONG FAMILY!!! It’s the family of the ” BOY WHO CAME BACK FROM HEAVEN!” I think you guys knew what you were doing. Get your facts straight first. This is Horrible!!!

Michelle B.
Guys , what I did was write to the Project Casting team. This article is COMPLETELY and UTTERLY wrong. I’m hoping she did not do this on purpose because it looks like she knew a little bit too much for her to confuse the book.

Holly
You had best recant this article quickly before you get yourself in trouble. You have the wrong family and wrong book title for the story.

Bill Ingram
you need to recant this story and tell the right one as all you have here is in error you would think as journalist you would have done a better job 2 different families 2 different stories get your fact straight before you go to press

seriously disgusted
this article makes no sense at all?! Colton is the name of the boy in Heaven is for Real. If I were the Burpo family I’d be contacting my lawyer about suing y’all for slander right about now. This story needs to be pulled and you need to do a better job of “reporting”. What a joke!

Ian E
What’s sad is your slanderous, sloppy, careless – and I wonder malicious – journalism. It took a lot of effort to find four images for the obviously-wrong book so you can make gross generalizations about a group of people.

rob
This article is going to make the Burpo a lot of money — your money. You need to get out there really quick with a retraction — a big one. You have completely confused two separate books. The Malarkey book is the one where the kid has recanted the story. Your article is further inaccurate in stating that it’s the dad who recanted.

Amy Jo Turner
This makes ZERO sense the book wasnt even about this kid, it was about Colon Burpo! Im sorry I am zery confused by this article. How can this family claim its about them when its about another family all together.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

when I got pregnant I told my boyfriend every option we had available. I don't see why someone who without whom the child wouldn't exist should have no say. of course that's not the case with every pregnancy, but some men actually want these children.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: bippy

when I got pregnant I told my boyfriend every option we had available. I don't see why someone who without whom the child wouldn't exist should have no say. of course that's not the case with every pregnancy, but some men actually want these children.

When this comes up - - I'm always reminded of generations past. It was ALWAYS the woman's fault. Women were told it was their fault for picking the Wrong Man.

So, right or wrong, if a man picks a woman who doesn't care what he thinks - - it's his fault - - he picked the Wrong Woman.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I never really understood what is so bad about having an abortion.

Sure, if the fetus is already advanced then it would be murder. But for someone who didnt know she was pregnant and it was accidental, why should they not have the right to terminate if it is early in the pregnancy? What is considered early is the million dollar question...

Also... does it physically affect the womans chances of conceiving a baby in the future? i always wondered!

edit on 2015-07-17T15:25:36-05:00201507bpm3107pm3631 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join