It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion and why it's wrong

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog
All the women who approve of child murder spew the same sad argument:

"ME, ME, ME, ME, MY, MY, MY, MINE, MINE, MY, ME, ME!"

I am sorry...which women were approving of "child murder"??????????

That child, that LIFE, no matter how small, has the right to exist from the moment of conception.

Oh...I see...you define a child as a sperm that has penetrated an egg?

Ummm...Ok...Why is God murdering over half the children on the planet via "Spontaneous Abortions" aka miscarriages in the first trimester?

edit on 8-7-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

The pro-life argument does, in fact, have the moral high ground, and we should never be ashamed to claim it and proclaim it.

Well....isn't that special!!!??

Does the 'moral high ground' also mean you can get away with being an obtuse, insulting, name-calling jerk, too???? And does it excuse your behavior????? like: you 'should never be ashamed to claim it an proclaim it' that you freely and without remorse or second thought CONDEMN OTHERS'????????

Oh wait -

stupid question.......
*thinks really hard for a sec*

Oh! Obviously!!!
You self-righteous, judgmental bullies and jerks....you "Christian" people are so full of love and compassion, so intelligent and challenging and you offer SO MUCH in the way of tolerance, depth, sensitivity, empathy, class, kindness and acceptance....yeah... and all of that "Jesus" stuff!!!

Well done you!!!! My bad, I forgot.

Your pain does not trump the pain of others, saint Seamrog. You are not living anyone else's life but YOUR OWN.

Be bitter, and stubborn, and negative, and hateful, and rude, and condemning and judgmental and high and mighty and holier-than-thou all you want! It won't get you to heaven.

Sleep well tonight.

(P.S. the words "pompous" and "ass" keep coming to mind - but I can't figure out why!)

*snuggles into the warm and cozy feeling that comes from interacting with some of the self-styled Christians on ATS*
edit on 7/8/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

It's almost hilarious when I get called a bad Christian for standing up for whats in the Bible. So many Christians care little for the Bible and God's word nowadays it's a joke.

God condones abortion in the Bible.

Jesus would never condone Gay marriage or Abortion because God wouldn't, but when a Christian speaks out about these things from a loving place they get called a bad Christian.

I disagree.

Matthew 24:19
"But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days!

Matthew 26:24
....woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would have been good for that man if he had not been born."

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: amberinsc

The government is not telling anyone they have to get pregnant. I think we all know how one gets pregnant. She chose that not the government. It is called consequences. I don't claim to know what the answer is but abortion as a form of birth control is absolutely not right. If a mother's life is in jeopardy or if she was raped or incest or something like that then I can see a debate on the issue. The percentage of abortions that happen due those above mentioned reasons are very small though.

Except, by classifying it as a "consequence", you are feeding into the belief that people who have abortions are somehow against having children in the first place. I won't have another child, but I do not consider my daughter a "consequence". She is a person. Not a punishment for me deciding to have sex with her sperm donor. It is disturbing that you refer to pregnancy as a consequence...almost inferring that sex is something bad, something to atone for. That just smacks of religious undertones to me, and is one of the biggest problems I see regarding this issue. And no, you are not the only one doing this, it is not original in the least.

One more time, for the people in the cheap seats: The people telling us that we are wrong for believing that pregnancy should be a choice are the ones referring to human offspring as a "consequence". Does anyone else see a problem here??

If a mother's life is in jeopardy or if she was raped or incest or something like that then I can see a debate on the issue.

If a woman is raped or the victim of incest (rape), then there shouldn't even be a debate. That suggests that her worth as a human being is subject to review, when in fact she has every right to refuse to carry a pregnancy that was conceived through the subjugation of her basic human rights by another person. She is being devalued as a human being by the mere suggestion that she should be obligated to carry such a pregnancy.

No one should ever be bullied into gestating and then birthing offspring that they did not make the decision to risk conceiving in the first place. That is akin to enslavement. Even if the resulting offspring is adopted and she never sees it again, she is still forced to live with the reality of it every single day, for the rest of her life. Who are you to make such a distinction? You are no one. It is not anyone's decision, or concern, but hers. You are saying not that you are "pro-life", but that you are "pro-every-life-but-the-one-central-to-the-issue". And that is not only not the same thing, but in direct contradiction to the argument you are ellegedly supporting in the first place.

abortion as a form of birth control is absolutely not right

I completely agree with this statement, 100%.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Why is God murdering over half the children on the planet via "Spontaneous Abortions" aka miscarriages in the first trimester?

Not to mention ALREADY BORN children starving to death, covered in flies, with malaria and typhus and no roof over their heads.....

But, well......

Guess it's not 'their' problem. (The Christians, you know. Their tickets are signed, sealed, and delivered.....they have no worries! It's the rest of us lot that are bound for hell.....if only we could be so fortunate as to have their morals and principles and predestined salvation)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: amberinsc

9 FULL months. Congrats on your son and congrats on MAKING THE DECISION FOR YOURSELF! Now, wouldn't it have been devastating if someone had forced you to have an abortion? Or you carried to term, but was then forced to give it up for adoption, no matter how bad you wanted to keep him? Or you could have him and keep him, but you knew for a fact that you would be subject to 18 years of poverty and/or abuse? What if he wasn't your first? What if you already had 3 and were struggling to take care of them and knew there was no way you could afford a fourth? You wanted to keep the fourth and the thought of giving it away to some stranger broke your heart? For every abortion there is a unique set of circumstances. You made the decision based on your particular circumstances and within the framework of your religion and beliefs....yay for you....but who the heck are you to make the same decision for someone else?

PS -not just for amberinsc, for everyone involved in this exhilarating debate:
If they outlawed abortion except in cases of rape/incest, don't you think reported rapes would skyrocket???? I know if I wanted/needed an abortion but could only get one if it was a product of a rape I would be reporting a rape real quick. Better than an unlicensed 'clinic' in Mexico. And the fact that MAYBE in only 3% of rapes do the perpetrators actually see the inside of a jail cell, do we REALLY need to flood police departments with thousands of false reports just so females could get the closest thing to a safe, legal abortion? Food for thought.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

All the women who approve of child murder spew the same sad argument:

"ME, ME, ME, ME, MY, MY, MY, MINE, MINE, MY, ME, ME!"

And all I'm hearing from you is:
MY beliefs! MY God! MY morals! MY indoctrination! MY religion! MY perceived sacrilege! MY concern for a clump of cells and not the pregnant woman as any kind of a fully formed, autonomous human being with rights of her own!

You can believe whatever you want. But when it starts getting pushed through legislation, that's when it becomes a problem for other people. And here's exactly who is making these kinds of decisions:

Wow. Separation of church and state please, like yesterday. This is ridiculous. And letting 50% make totalitarian decisions for the OTHER 50%???? Watch the video again, because that's what you get.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I'm a long time lurker but this actually made me angry enough to post!

What gives you the right to tell other people what they can and can't do when it has no bearing on your life at all? These women make a hard decision and it can be for reasons you probably couldn't comprehend. If somebody doesn't want a child then that is the last person that should be trying to raise a useful member of the human race. Would you step in and fund the millions of places in educational facilities and living quarters etc for them?

Skywarp

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywarp

Welcome to ATS!!

Really. You are more than welcome here.

We need as many thinkers as we can find.

edit on 7/8/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

originally posted by: tigertatzen

I'm actually a male not a female..

All the more reason why you have no business editorializing on the subject of childbirth and/or its alternatives. But of course that's not really important to the viability of your youtube channel, is it? Nothing of worth to see here, folks.

None of my business you say? I am a human being. I care when people die. Don't be naive.

Wait what, you just said you were a Christian and now youre trying to tell us that you're a human being as well
I thought human beings had free will, not morals based on IRON AGE JUDAISM

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
nothing wrong with a bit of abortion here and there. Cant see how America has any right to protest anyway while they still have the death penalty and the indutrial economic prison complex. Just total hypocrisy.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Was it Hicks or Carl in that said

"all the people who are anti abortion are the type of people you wouldn't want to # anyway"

Paraphrased

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
For everyone who is against abortion, good for you. Don't have an abortion then! But where do you get the right to tell others what they can do with their body? Many people have already listed circumstances where it would be extremely unfair to make the woman have a child.

These same Christians who claim "all life is sacred" have no problem with the animals that are killed everyday to feed them. I'm not a vegetarian myself, so I'm not looking down on anyone, but I think its amusing. Somehow, a collection of cells takes precedence over a conscious being like a cow, for example.
edit on 8-7-2015 by bm2112 because: Grammar

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

Followed immediately after with "....Lets see how dedicated you are to this concept: lock arms and block funeral homes."

Bill was great. I'm glad his mom didn't abort him.

edit on 8-7-2015 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Brave of you to post this.
But I applaud this topic that some people just don't want to deal with.
It amazes me that the same people who get all up in arms over somebody killing a kitten, but when they kill a 25 week old baby still in the womb, it's just Meh, who cares, their choice.
There is more concern over animals than unborn humans, that is messed up.

Strong advocates of abortion will be viewed in the future, not as hero's, but as those that advocated the wholesale genocide of a group of people that could never protect themselves, the genocide of the "unwanted unborn".
And however long that period of time is, will be a black mark on human history with the greatest of all genocides in history being of the hundreds of millions unwanted unborn being killed more for comfort and convenience, than anything else.

In less civilized times parents offered there children up as sacrifices to gods, today they offer them up under the guise of "free choice".
edit on 8-7-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
thats stupid

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

FYI genocide means wholesale killing of an ethnic group or nation.

That is only if you wish to be taken literally. If not then its of little concern.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: grimpachi

Actually that is very debatable, and genocide can refer to different group types, really it could be any group that is being killed off. But ATS loves it's semantics over concepts, people know what I am getting at. And if they still don't understand the concept then they can go read this article.

Why Abortion Is Genocide

In the end you have a group being killed off, I call that genocide.
Mass Infanticide could be a better description. But this is a pretty basic moral concept, semantical jargon aside.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Having to read an entire article explaining the rationale behind labeling t as genocide is not promising. I am sure an anti-choice site can make it sound like they have a good argument, however I am one of those people that do like to use the proper definition of things, but you did say it is a concept so, so be it.
edit on 8-7-2015 by grimpachi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join