It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion and why it's wrong

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Video is a load of nonsense, there's no nervous system at 24 weeks, let alone before 16 when the vast majority are carried out.

You have no right to enforce your religion on anyone.

You have no right to dictate to a woman what she can and can't do with her body.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyvalkyrie

And all I'm hearing from you is:
MY beliefs! MY God! MY morals! MY indoctrination! MY religion! MY perceived sacrilege! MY concern for a clump of cells and not the pregnant woman as any kind of a fully formed, autonomous human being with rights of her own!

What a shocker - of course that's what you hear.

Please let this simple explanation lie for you tonight...

A human being deserves the right to breathe.

It is that simple.

By your nature, you cannot claim that sperm and egg united are anything other than human life - to do so is to deny your own origin and your own existence. You were that 'clump of cells,' as you so crassly put it, and yet, here you are arguing for the murder of human life.

Even if you can rip God out of the equation, you are still left with the terrible truth of the argument you are trying to present.

EVERY life has a right that you cannot trump.

No shocker either, that you view the gift of bearing life within you as a burden.

You are a dime a dozen, sadly.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

Who says so? You?

It's absolutely NOT true.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: evc1shop

originally posted by: Thorlongus22

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: beezzer
I see a lot of people not coming up with their improved solution to the current system we have? What's your solution?

Isn't there already a solution in place like letting those who seek an abortion, for whatever private reason they may have, get the care they desire provided they have not gone past whatever current term limits are in place.

And, for those who do not want or believe in them, let the others live their lives without interference.

Why do we always want to force our own beliefs on others?

i dont know, ask the homosexuals.

What does a homosexual have to do with abortion? I know some of the Christian population may be closeted but I don't think they are out picketing the clinics.

i was answering the question "Why do we always want to force our own beliefs on others?". Homosexuals have been doing that for years and now have succeeded in it unfortunately.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

edit on 8-7-2015 by Thorlongus22 because: accidentally posted same thing twice

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
It astounds me how stupid pro choicers are. How can they sit there and justify killing children? And do so so callously and selfishy? This isn't even about religion. This is about decency and doing the right thing. Plain and simple. People who believe in or do abortions are one thing. Evil.
edit on 8-7-2015 by Thorlongus22 because: typos

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Skada

Okay, so you are against abortion, great. Are you also against birth control? Contraceptives? Condoms?

He's against periods, the menstural cycle and masturbation as well. Everyone smoke weed to lower your count, wait that's abortion too I guess.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

edit on 9-7-2015 by Achilles92x because: "Reply to" didn't work

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

You're saying that you don't judge other people's decisions to have an abortion, because you know how uncomfortable pregnancy is?

.... That's a joke, right?

Comparing a pregnancy to carrying around cinder blocks for 9 months is distasteful. Cinder blocks are inanimate objects. An unborn baby is human life from conception--Stormdancer777 (hopefully i got that username right) posted a wonderful link and quoted about a dozen people (abortion clinic directors, embryologists, feminists, pro-choice thinkers, etc.) that admitted that there is no honest scientific debate about this.
edit on 9-7-2015 by Achilles92x because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

edit on 9-7-2015 by Achilles92x because: Double post sorry

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
a reply to: Achilles92x

I didn't mention children conceived through rape and have never thought it the child's fault. I can see the problem of mental illness occurring in the mother over a rape, which is IMHO a crime that should be severely punished when proved. I have never believed the deterrent has ever been severe enough to discourage this crime and so doesn't make people think twice about committing this type of crime, especially if a child may be conceived through it. Another aspect of this is that the responsibility is not there, which you touched on earlier.

I personally... Don't know how to feel about rape pregnancy. It's one reason I included as to why I'm personally anti-abortion but pro-choice.
I don't have any respect for abortions of healthy babies on grounds of their unwantedness alone.
But as far as rape goes, I get why one would want an abortion. And I wouldn't consider it under my above category of "babies aborted on grounds of unwantedness alone" because the rape factor is there. This being said, I was stating that I certainly, wholeheartedly disagree with a few posters who claimed that a rape pregnancy bears the child as a physical embodiment of that rape. To call an innocent unborn child such a thing is disgusting. I still don't have anything against a woman who aborted a baby she is carrying because of rape, but I find it awful to refer to the child as the above. I don't, however, feel as if an abortion is necessary in that situation (I will reiterate I am not attempting to speak for someone else and their decision in that situation).
I believe that everything happens for a reason--this isn't to say that God makes horrible things happen to good people. That's nonsense, awful people make bad things happen to good people. What I mean, moreso, is that all things are made beautiful, meaningful, and positive through God. The worst things that have happened to me, even before I started Believing in God again--and I had horrendous abuse from age 9 to 19 among other awful, awful things--have served to strengthen and benefit me in ways I'd never have imagined. When I leapt out of depression, became positive, and found God's love again, that effect has been greatly intensified. Positivity, and especially positivity through God, can make the most negative things lead to some thing positive. I believe even a child conceived through tape, though the act was horrible and evil, could lead to an incredible child that the mother loves immensely and finds purpose through.

Not everyone shares my beliefs. Many here would scoff at it. I get that, and for that reason, I can understand, judgment-free, an abortion of a child that was conceived by rape.

Now if this was one of those situations where the "rape" was simply a girl giving consent while both parties were intoxicated, and the mother wished to abort the child... No. I don't respect that. (Please note that I am not saying most rapes or even a significant amount of rapes fall under this category, but it seems to be a trend that modern feminists are pushing for as of late.)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   

in california we have over 50,0000 children in foster care, where are all the pro lifers...why aren't you adopting these c hildren..../.there will always abortions, legal or illegal...
all you pro lifers are you going to adopt all these children that will be born, because you are against abortion

if you force all these women to have these babies, they end up on welfare, this a good thin g for them or the state

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: research100

we have 250,000 kids in the foster system every year in the usa.....so all you who are anti abortion, when are you goimg to take care these children???? you don't talk about this part of the equasion, and if abortion was banned you all need to adopt these children..even the ones with severe disabilities

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: research100

in california we have over 50,0000 children in foster care, where are all the pro lifers...why aren't you adopting these c hildren..../.there will always abortions, legal or illegal...
all you pro lifers are you going to adopt all these children that will be born, because you are against abortion

if you force all these women to have these babies, they end up on welfare, this a good thin g for them or the state

Your argument is akin to this:
Are you against poverty? Are you against starvation and kids dying of hunger?
Gee, are you anti-poverty, anti-starvation people going to sell all of your possessions, live minimally, and use almost ALL of the money from selling your things and your job income to provide food, shelter, and nourishment for the poor, those in your own country and abroad? You people need to only keep and use the money necessary to feed and shelter yourselves and your family (if you have any) at a minimal level if you're really against poverty and starvation!

Seriously, that is an application of your argument on an issue im sure you don't support.

I'll entertain your argument. Why don't I do it, though? I am 22 and just graduated from college, for one. I might adopt some day when I'm older and financially well off.
I see what you're trying to argue, but there's this thing called birth control--though not always 100% effective, it works really, really well when used properly. Of course there are exceptions to that rule. Condoms, even for people on welfare, are very feasible. Wanna take a gander about how many abortions are from pregnancies due to irresponsible, unprotected sex? How many of these abortions are done by the same people--their second or third or more? I think we'd be better off cutting the problem at its core instead of expecting people such as myself (who feel a healthy unborn baby should not be aborted simply because they are unwanted) to compensate for other's irresponsible decisions. Also, please, nobody use the "pregnancy from rape," "pregnancy that would kill the mother," or "pregnancy where the child would suffer all his/her life" crap on me because i, personally, am not referring to it.
edit on 9-7-2015 by Achilles92x because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: beezzer
I see a lot of people not coming up with their improved solution to the current system we have? What's your solution?

Isn't there already a solution in place like letting those who seek an abortion, for whatever private reason they may have, get the care they desire provided they have not gone past whatever current term limits are in place.

And, for those who do not want or believe in them, let the others live their lives without interference.

Why do we always want to force our own beliefs on others?

i dont know, ask the homosexuals.

What does a homosexual have to do with abortion? I know some of the Christian population may be closeted but I don't think they are out picketing the clinics.

i was answering the question "Why do we always want to force our own beliefs on others?". Homosexuals have been doing that for years and now have succeeded in it unfortunately.

wow

wowow

wowowow

Forced, really?

You be tripping, crazy cat!

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Stop worrying about what other people are doing with their lives and their bodies. /thread

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Who says so? You?

It's absolutely NOT true.

See - THIS is this is the endgame for moral relativism. This is what chaos, depravity, cruelty and the crushing of the weak is built on. When you throw out natural law, when you throw out the moral code that has steered societies for eons, you get this person, and this reaction.

If things continue down this path, no one will be there to protect her right to say this crap.

I wonder what she'll think then? Who will she blame?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

You can let your fanciful hyperbole knot up your panties all you want! What you said:

.....is patently incorrect in more than one way.

First, life can be, and is, trumped by life, it's called "The Circle of Life".

Secondly, every life does NOT have a right to live until it dies of old age, not a natural right bestowed by nature and so called natural law nor by mankind's own laws.

I'm betting that you eat meat, use pesticides and avidly kill germs and bacteria. I'm betting that you don't give a hoot about an endangered brown owl that's halting corporate progress.

I'm guessing that you don't care 2 cents about criminal's life, whether he sits on death row or was shot by a cop in a confrontation.

edit on 9-7-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

speaking of the "natural law", I am disappointed you never came back and answered my question in the other thread. hung around all night for it..

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

You can let your fanciful hyperbole knot up your panties all you want! What you said:

.....is patently incorrect in more than one way.

First, life can be, and is, trumped by life, it's called "The Circle of Life".

Secondly, every life does NOT have a right to live until it dies of old age, not a natural right bestowed by nature and so called natural law nor by mankind's own laws.

I'm betting that you eat meat, use pesticides and avidly kill germs and bacteria. I'm betting that you don't give a hoot about an endangered brown owl that's halting corporate progress.

I'm guessing that you don't care 2 cents about criminal's life, whether he sits on death row or was shot by a cop in a confrontation.

Not only are you wrong, you are absurdly wrong. Like other female posters, your histrionics reach into my personal life and claim things that you cannot substantiate to project your bigotry and hate in my direction. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but you and your ilk are almost never correct in your assumptions, and the desired affect has the opposite of your intentions.

That said, it is NO SURPRISE that you can, and do, equate human life with cattle, insects and bacteria. I however, do not.

For your edification, I believe the death penalty is also state sanctioned murder, and should never be condoned.

I have done prison ministry for both adult men and adolescent boys. I no longer do it because I have young children and I am obligated with them. When they get older, I will likely return to it.

I won't use the same petty cheap shots you do, but I have my suspicions on your efforts to love those in prison.

Ta-ta!

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join