It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This angers me. more flag news

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: kruphix

originally posted by: KawRider9
a reply to: Sremmos80

No, it seriously pisses me off.

Above being a person of faith, a Mason, a redneck, or whatever, I'm a proud American!

I honestly don't give a damn what flag you fly or even if it's on a government building. I simply don't want another flag flying above the American flag. It's very distasteful and in my opinion, not very "Christian like".

And Beezer, I respect your opinion but must disagree. I'm not offended by much of anything, but my Country means quite a bit to me and I will always defend it. Raising another flag over our great Nations flag is one cause that makes me infuriated!

If that makes me a "sally", so be it.

So...you are a person of faith...but you are fine declaring "Country before God"?

Interesting.

no, not this at all. The US flag inside the United States has a specific set of rules associated with it's display. Today, people make jokes about those who fought and died to keep that flag flying, but to some, it's quite serious. Go ask a soldier marching at the tomb of the unknown soldier. He can probably explain it better than I.
But in the US, no flag is to be flown above the US flag.

www.usflag.org...

"Rules"

Much different than "Laws."

They have a right to fly, burn, stomp on, wear, wipe their backsides with it.

Disrespectful to some, but not against the law.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Yes, all that is true. It doesn't make it any less offensive to the patriot, but then a true patriot understands that the right to be a pinhead is part of the reason he defends that flag to begin with.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

Nope sorry.

God > people > government is supposed to the American model. It was supposed to subvert the old European model of God > government > people.

It isn't wrong at all to place God above any symbol of the people, and they have freedom of religion (or should) to back them.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Strange how there is no this is all PC bull# and this is just selective outrage here...

Private business doing what it wants and it was celebrated that it was silenced.

Selective outrage indeed!

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=19537351]KawRider9[/pos

Maybe we should create a new flag.......It would be see-thru because that best represents our values today.
edit on 6-7-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Speaking of selective outrage, with the outrage that appeared around Apple taking down Civil War games, where was the outrage when Apple also banned games featuring sweatshops?
edit on 6-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

We are a secular nation, god is not over us.

link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

Maybe the US flag no longer deserves to fly at the top..........I know I just angered a bunch of people.....Here me out......The flag is a symbol of the constitution and liberty. Do we still enjoy individual liberty? Do we follow the constitution?

Maybe we should create a new flag.......It would be see-thru because that best represents our values the best today.

Or perhaps we should all be flying it upside down.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

We are a secular nation, god is not over us.

In YOUR America maybe, but not in the US of a Christian. Or are you implying that Christians no longer belong here? What will you do? Deport us?

And while you're at it, are you going to deport all the other sincere believers who will also put their faith above YOUR secular government?
edit on 6-7-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: network dude

Pinhead? Bill O, is that you?

But True. You have the right do with it as you please; and as such, I defend your right, regardless if I agree; and even if I disagree you still have the right.

That's one thing that makes America great: tolerance for that with which we might disagree.

(slowly eroding)

link   

I for one am proud of my nation for making a giant civil rights leap and moving away from religious rule.

Sorry if that offends you.

link   

Take "god" out of that equation and you are right. People > government. End of story. If you want to place God above people in your PERSONAL equation, that is all your right as having people above government, but you don't get to determine that for me as a non-believer in god.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

LOL

Ya, totally implying that.

All I said was we are a secular nation.

You have your right to practice your religion, but it is not the religion of our nation.

Try not to twist so hard.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I for one am proud of my nation for making a giant civil rights leap and moving away from religious rule.

Sorry if that offends you.

I could give a flying rat's @ss if it offends you or not.

The question is: why does it offend you if a church flies a banner of God above the US flag?

link   

originally posted by: kruphix

originally posted by: WUNK22
American flag is flown highest on American soil. I'm a Christian and would never support this disrespectful act. Plus, I don't think God cares much about flags!

However I do believe God did have something to say about worshiping false idols.

Do you see that applying at all in this situation?

You mean as in the commandments?
"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image"

I'm sure that if the Crucifix doesn't qualify then a flag certainly doesn't.

link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Pinhead? Bill O, is that you?

But True. You have the right do with it as you please; and as such, I defend your right, regardless if I agree; and even if I disagree you still have the right.

That's one thing that makes America great: tolerance for that with which we might disagree.

(slowly eroding)

No, but what I really wanted to type would just look like this "stupid #ed up # head."

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

LOL

Ya, totally implying that.

All I said was we are a secular nation.

You have your right to practice your religion, but it is not the religion of our nation.

Try not to twist so hard.

I made no implication. I made a statement about the Founding.

YOU are the one that seem to be implying that if a church flies a Christian flag above the US one, it someone converts your America into a theocracy. Why do paranoid?

Would you scream so loudly if the Muslims were doing it at their mosques?
edit on 6-7-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Yea, i keep trying to care......but i cant seem to muster it up

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: SubTruth

Maybe the US flag no longer deserves to fly at the top..........I know I just angered a bunch of people.....Here me out......The flag is a symbol of the constitution and liberty. Do we still enjoy individual liberty? Do we follow the constitution?

Maybe we should create a new flag.......It would be see-thru because that best represents our values the best today.

Or perhaps we should all be flying it upside down.

I want to add context to my statements above........This weekend we went to a 4th of July parade. Veterans did not play a big role in the parade. It was basically a walking advertising campaign aimed at getting my children to sign up for karate or gym classes.

Something is very wrong with this country and it's people.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Well said and thank you. I come from a military family and have been taught to put my Country before my personal beliefs.

As the first born male, my family wouldn't allow me to join the military and it pissed me off. I've lost several members of my family to wars and they didn't want me taking that same fate. My job was to continue the family business and I've done just that.

I still regret not going against my families wishes, but the outcome of not doing so has benefited the family more than my desire to fight for our Country.

I'm patriotic to a fault and see my hypocrisy, but dammit, this is a fight I'm willing to take.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join