It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This angers me. more flag news

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Not sure if this is the right forum, so please move if I failed.

www.theblaze.com... k-a-powerful-movement/

As a believer in the flying spaghetti monster in the sky, I want to slap these people!

Two North Carolina pastors have decided to place a Christian flag above the American flag on poles outside of their churches — actions that they hope will inspire Americans to take a stand for their faith.

I want to take a stand alright. Just not the stand they want. You should NEVER fly ANY flag above the American flag.(in the US of course).

I don't 100% know flag etiquette, but I'm pretty sure this is wrong. I also know I may seem a bit hypocritical on this issue as per this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But personally, I think flying the flag upside in distress, is a bit different than raising another flag over the American flag.

What do y'all think? Is my outrage justified or am I being a big fat meanie head?

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

If there is a conspiracy, it is one where we are being conditioned to be butt-hurt over every slight.

Here you have;
Flag issue
Christian issue
Religion issue

Hell, toss in gays and we could spend the next few days slinging angry tweets at ISIS!

(I know that makes no sense, but bear with me)

We need to lighten the f### up as a society.

Save our anger and outrage for the progressive weasels that'd turn the Constitution into an origami piece entitled "prison rape".

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I guess bumper stickers no longer serve their purpose.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I know these was a huge issue with the Mexican flag getting flown higher then the American flag a whole back and most said it was the principle of not flying any flag higher, so yes you are justified.

Me thinks you are also being a little tongue in check with your outrage tho.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

All that and nothing about if they should be flying the flag over the American one?

And is it really only progressives ignoring the constitution?

Patriot act comes to mind.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
American flag is flown highest on American soil. I'm a Christian and would never support this disrespectful act. Plus, I don't think God cares much about flags!

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

They have a flag??? I never heard of a Christian Flag. I thought the Cross was their flag. I've never heard of an actual Christian Flag before. It also is coming from the Blaze. Glen Beck isn't known to have all his pistons firing right last I checked.

But personally, as a private entity I don't care what flag they fly. As long as it's separate from the Government or any Official Gov. building they can fly a flag with snoopy or anything else for that matter. It's not like the church doesn't already champion a million other crazy symbols that make little to no sense already, so what does one more matter??

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

All that and nothing about if they should be flying the flag over the American one?

And is it really only progressives ignoring the constitution?

Patriot act comes to mind.

Who cares if some church does it.

Again, am tired of the offense and the butt-hurt.

And progressives have infected the GOP as well as the DNC.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
My protest banner would read:
"God Hates Flags!"

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I saw this earlier.

I'm not religious, and I think *technically* the American Flag should be flown higher than any other as per etiquette, but the pastor has a valid point (from a religious viewpoint): God before country. Pretty Simple.

Other than that, IDGAF how they fly it. It's their church. They can fly the American flag upside down, sideways, or inside out for all I care.

That said, some of the comments I've read people have been pretty disgusted. Many have said at least erect a second flagpole to make them equal.

IMO, this is more manufactured outrage.

I don't 100% know flag etiquette, but I'm pretty sure this is wrong.

But not illegal, as far as I know.
edit on 6-7-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

People can get all melodramatic about the deep relevance a flag may have, what it represents, blah, blah.
Whether it's a gay flag, a country's flag, or a christian flag, a flag is just a decoration. Cloth on a pole. That's it.
It's how you live your life that matters.

Decorations, by The Proletariat

Cloth on a pole. Medals on the shirt.
Bullet through the chest. Flowers on your grave.

Stripes on the arm. Obedience! Allegiance.
Flowers on your grave.
Decorations.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

So it is just manufactured outrage here...

Quite funny imo.

I personally don't care, just wonder if it was any other religon what people would be saying.

And of course it was just the sneaky progressives, conservatives would never start an illegal war either.
edit on thMon, 06 Jul 2015 12:47:14 -0500America/Chicago720151480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I really don't care what dyed piece of cloth flies above another dyed piece of cloth...although that may be due to the fact that I don't really put much importance on symbols, but rather the concepts behind those symbols.

However, I am curious to see what Christians opinions are on this that do put importance on symbols. God is supposed to come first in all things, correct? Then shouldn't that logically put a flag that represents God above a flag that represents the country you live in?

Can a devout Christian be outraged by the flag of their faith is flown above the flag of their country?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

So it is just manufactured outrage here...

Quite funny imo.

I personally don't care, just wonder if it was any other religon what people would be saying.

And of course it was just the sneaky progressives, conservatives would never start a illegal war either.

Everyone has their favorite "boogie-man"

Some here think it's "the joos".

Others will blame the evil greedy conservatives.

I think it's the progressives.

As for the flag?

First Amendment gives us all the right to free expression. What's so different from this to burning, stomping on the flag?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

No, it seriously pisses me off.

Above being a person of faith, a Mason, a redneck, or whatever, I'm a proud American!

I honestly don't give a damn what flag you fly or even if it's on a government building. I simply don't want another flag flying above the American flag. It's very distasteful and in my opinion, not very "Christian like".

And Beezer, I respect your opinion but must disagree. I'm not offended by much of anything, but my Country means quite a bit to me and I will always defend it. Raising another flag over our great Nations flag is one cause that makes me infuriated!

If that makes me a "sally", so be it.

link   

I've never really understood why they put a flag pole with the US flag in my church. The US isn't a "Christian" country, and my church is an Orthodox Christian church, not an "American" church. But they got the flag in it. Go figure.

link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
American flag is flown highest on American soil. I'm a Christian and would never support this disrespectful act. Plus, I don't think God cares much about flags!

However I do believe God did have something to say about worshiping false idols.

Do you see that applying at all in this situation?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
a reply to: Sremmos80

No, it seriously pisses me off.

Above being a person of faith, a Mason, a redneck, or whatever, I'm a proud American!

I honestly don't give a damn what flag you fly or even if it's on a government building. I simply don't want another flag flying above the American flag. It's very distasteful and in my opinion, not very "Christian like".

And Beezer, I respect your opinion but must disagree. I'm not offended by much of anything, but my Country means quite a bit to me and I will always defend it. Raising another flag over our great Nations flag is one cause that makes me infuriated!

If that makes me a "sally", so be it.

So...you are a person of faith...but you are fine declaring "Country before God"?

Interesting.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Eh, I'm with the churches on this one. A place of spirituality and faith transcends nationhood just like your home does. Why is it unreasonable to place their faith above their patriotic obligations?

I didn't know this wasn't a thing before. I just assumed that religious people placed their gods above country. It's funny how it takes hate to make them do so but I won't rant about that right now.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

There is a Christian flag? Hmm... I was unaware of that. Oh well. I don't really care what a church flies on its flag pole. It's their right to fly whatever they want at whatever position they want. Don't like it? Too bad.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join