It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This angers me. more flag news

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Maybe this

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: ketsuko

I for one am proud of my nation for making a giant civil rights leap and moving away from religious rule.

Sorry if that offends you.

I could give a flying rat's @ss if it offends you or not.

The question is: why does it offend you if a church flies a banner of God above the US flag?

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. It's a matter of respect. The same respect (that is supposed to exist) inside a church. It's not illegal to be loud and act like a "pinhead" during a church service, or a funeral, but it's socially accepted as poor behavior and for good reason. Those with proper upbringing simply wouldn't do it regardless of their personal beliefs.

Disrespecting all those who firmly believe the flag stands for Freedom is poor form.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

We are a secular nation, god is not over us.

You are quite correct.

God has abandoned the USA.

Because the USA no longer wants God around,
and doesn't want anything to do with God

So God (Godesss/Allah/Krishna, whatever)
has left the USA
at the request of the majority of citizens of the USA;
and at the specific request of the US government through
statements like "We are not and never have been
a Christian nation" (Pres Obama)
and the results are in the news each and every day.

Americans got what they asked for
a value free
morality free
nation,
and look at the headlines everyday and rejoice
at the peace and harmony that has resulted.

Of course if you believe God does not exist,
they you should not get upset at my statement
because you should not care
because I have admitted there is no God or diety
or anyone that cares for Americans anymore
anywhere in the world, not even our own government.

When it is de riguer to disrespect all people of faith
and to disrespect anyone how holds an opinion different
from ones own

and it is acceptable to be as disrespectful as one can possibly
be to any idea one disagrees with

as is happening today in the US -

then any symbol of any ideology becomes subject to
derision, stomping on, desecrating
and holding up for derision
and people are applauded for their courage
in desecrating and disrespecting any and all symbols,
including the flag

edit on 1Mon, 06 Jul 2015 13:39:35 -0500pm70607pmk061 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

Both my grandfathers were veterans and is my father-in-law, but all three were also strong in their faith. It was that faith that kept them together through those times when they were called to serve, two as volunteers in WWII and one as a draftee in Vietnam.

Don't claim that a man can have no higher loyalty than Country or it tarnishes his duty. That is wrong. You impugn their honor and service by saying that.

edit on 6-7-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Well . Speaking of flags . I saw something yesterday that amazed me. Some people were parked in front of a mall flying Confederate and American flags. Some form of rally. As I was sitting in my vehicle , one truck left , started burning out and cutting doughnuts in the center of the parking lot. The vehicle then returned to the line that it was in. The strange thing was the driver was obviously of Hispanic decent.....

link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

You are quite correct.

God has abandoned the USA.

That only happens when the last believer leaves this nation. I doubt it will ever be that way. Eb and flow. the only thing constant is change.

link   

originally posted by: network dude

I for one am proud of my nation for making a giant civil rights leap and moving away from religious rule.

Sorry if that offends you.

I could give a flying rat's @ss if it offends you or not.

The question is: why does it offend you if a church flies a banner of God above the US flag?

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. It's a matter of respect. The same respect (that is supposed to exist) inside a church. It's not illegal to be loud and act like a "pinhead" during a church service, or a funeral, but it's socially accepted as poor behavior and for good reason. Those with proper upbringing simply wouldn't do it regardless of their personal beliefs.

Disrespecting all those who firmly believe the flag stands for Freedom is poor form.

A freedom we wouldn't have without our Maker. I'm not advocating for it, but I think it sets a dangerous precedent to tell them they can't. Who is supposed to be uppermost in your heart as a Christian? Your country, your local sports team or God?
edit on 6-7-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

And of course it was just the sneaky progressives, conservatives would never start an illegal war either.

You have to remember that on this site, the conservatives are NEVER wrong. Whenever the right does something as bad or worse than the Democrats it's because they are not "real" or "traditional" conservatives.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

In YOUR America maybe, but not in the US of a Christian. Or are you implying that Christians no longer belong here? What will you do? Deport us?

And while you're at it, are you going to deport all the other sincere believers who will also put their faith above YOUR secular government?

Religion and government should not be mixed...............Unless it is military monuments or other things military related. NavyDoc really opened my eyes on this topic and I actually changed my viewpoint.

And yes I know it is a conflict of interest within my own viewpoint.......I am against religion in the government.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

I didn't realize that God was supposed to be American. Isn't Jesus supposed to transcend all such boundaries anyway???

I just don't get it??

link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
What do y'all think? Is my outrage justified or am I being a big fat meanie head?

I think God is a hell of a lot more important than country. I also believe family is a hell of a lot more important than country.

One nation UNDER God.

link   
a reply to: kruphix

Both flags are forms of Idolatry.

They should distance themselves from any reverence of inanimate objects.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

God can't abandon what was never hers

Our nation was founded secular plain and simple.

Yes a majority of its population is christian, but that doesn't some how change it's founding.

"We are not and never have been
a Christian nation" (Pres Obama)

And he was right.

As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

And that wasn't part of the original pledge, only added during the red scare...

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

What do y'all think? Is my outrage justified or am I being a big fat meanie head?

I think God is a hell of a lot more important than country. I also believe family is a hell of a lot more important than country.

One nation UNDER God.

The one nation under God was actually added in the 1950's in the pledge..........The founding fathers were men of faith but they understood just how important it was for separation of church and state.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

a reply to: network dude

Well said and thank you. I come from a military family and have been taught to put my Country before my personal beliefs.

As the first born male, my family wouldn't allow me to join the military and it pissed me off. I've lost several members of my family to wars and they didn't want me taking that same fate. My job was to continue the family business and I've done just that.

I still regret not going against my families wishes, but the outcome of not doing so has benefited the family more than my desire to fight for our Country.

I'm patriotic to a fault and see my hypocrisy, but dammit, this is a fight I'm willing to take.

You don't have to serve to be a proud citizen. Just continue to support the ideals so many have died for. As a mason, you know how important simple words can be. I feel sad that some just won't get it, but then, that is their right. They can enjoy the freedom provided by those who truly believed.

But freedom exists in many different facets. The freedom to believe as you wish, the freedom to protest what you don't like, and the freedom to be a giant douche when you aren't thinking. If not for the last, none of this would be nearly as fun.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

Flags mean different things to different people, I guess. But they do mean something...they make a visual statement and speak without words. Some, such as waving a white flag, universally mean 'surrender'. A flag flying upside down universally means 'distress'. I wasn't aware that there is an official Christian flag, but evidently that church was making a strong statement. It reverberated evidently, because here we are talking about the "war" on Christianity in this country.

In America, the US flag always flies above any other. It is traditional and respectful. But, there is no law that makes it mandatory. In other words, no one is going to arrest you for disrespecting it or ignoring the tradition.

The only state I know of that flies their flag on an equal height as the US flag is Texas. But, even they have traditional rules that apply:

The Texas Flag should be on the marching left when it is carried in a procession in which the Flag of the United States of America is unfurled.

The Texas Flag should be on the left of the Flag of the United States of America, and its staff should be behind the staff of the National Colors, when the two are displayed against a wall from crossed staffs.

When the Texas Flag is flown from the same halyard as the Flag of the United States of America is flown, it must be underneath our National Colors.

When the Texas Flag is flown on a flagpole adjacent to the flagpole on which the Flag of the United States of America is flown, it must be unfurled after our National Colors, and it must be displayed at the left of the Flag of the United States of America.

When the Texas Flag and the Flag of the United States of America are displayed at the same time, they should be flown on separate flagpoles of equal length, and the Flags should be approximately the same size.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

And that wasn't part of the original pledge, only added during the red scare...

I stated a personal opinion. I don't say the pledge because I consider it asinine. Sort of a statement of "I'll do whatever my country asks of me" declaration, which would be an absolute lie for me to say. Regardless, the nation should know its role and remain firmly beneath the Almighty.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I already said I don't care if they do it, on the first page.

I just wonder if YOU would defend the Muslim right to do it on their mosque.
I hope one of them does after this, the selective outrage and hypocrisy would keep me laughing for months.

And you absolutely said I was implying to throw Christians out of the country

In YOUR America maybe, but not in the US of a Christian. Or are you implying that Christians no longer belong here? What will you do? Deport us?

Your words, and yes MY america is not a christian nation, just like the founding fathers wanted.

edit on thMon, 06 Jul 2015 13:44:51 -0500America/Chicago720155180 by Sremmos80 because: not needed

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Sounds like the ground works for a theocracy...

#notmyamerica

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join